Another Darwin candidate: N.H. Teen Who Zapped Nipples During Shop Class Sues Teacher

"N.H. Teen Who Zapped Nipples During Shop Class Sues Teacher and School District

DOVER, N.H. -- A New Hampshire high school student shocked so severely in shop class that his heart stopped beating is suing his teacher, the school district and the city of Dover.

Kyle Dubois and his parents claim teacher Thomas Kelley did not warn Dubois and other students of the dangers of the electrical demonstration cords in their electrical trades class.

On March 11, Dubois attached an electrical clamp to one nipple while another student attached another clamp to the other. A third student plugged in the cord.

Dubois was critically injured.

The New Hampshire Union Leader says Dubois' suit contends he suffered permanent brain damage.

Kelley resigned from his teaching position about a month after the incident. He declined to comment on the lawsuit."

And these goobers were in an electrical trades class? Who was Moe, Larry and Curly? Too bad they can't teach common sense in school.

Not much more to the article but here it is in it's entirety. I wouldn't believe it unless I saw it in black and white myself.

The comments are funny, though.

I guess he is the 'Spark' in his parents eyes. If not before, then certainly is now.

Just sooooooo sad.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Goes to show you truth IS stranger than fiction. I guess we can expect to see "warnings" on those clamps from now on.

The New Hampshire Union Leader says Dubois' suit contends he suffered permanent brain damage? I'd say he had permanent brain damage before he started.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

I don't think "suffer"is quite appropriate here.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    The New Hampshire Union Leader says Dubois' suit contends he suffered permanent brain damage? I'd say he had permanent brain damage before he started.
    Sounds to me like he thoroughly enjoyed it. ...at least his friends did.

Quote Originally Posted by markw
    Sounds to me like he thoroughly enjoyed it. ...at least his friends did.
    I think that's legal speak for, “we want your money.”
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

This story is proof of how fkd up our society and the legal system is. The parents should be sued for raising their son with such stupidity!
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    blame Mr Yuk stickers and child safety caps

or as the late great George Carlin asked:

"why are we so concerned with the safety of a person who'd eat lead paint chips or drink bathroom cleanser? And more importantly, why do we want to give these kinds of people a chance to reproduce? Isn't everyone familiar with natural selection by now?"
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by blackraven
    This story is proof of how fkd up our society and the legal system is. The parents should be sued for raising their son with such stupidity!
    That's right?

One should have to get a license to reproduce, just as they need one to get married.

Any 12 year olds who don't score at least 70 on an IQ test should be fixed? Problem is, some otherwise smart people have no sense about them. Sure, we can split an atom, but what do you mean that I can't run up a sidewalk covered in ice? If I fall, I'm sueing!

The bottom line is that people should not be allowed to sue for their own stupidity. Lawn mower manuals have warnings in them saying you should not use the mower to trim your hedges because years ago some neanderthal did this and cut off his hands and sued and won.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by blackraven
    The bottom line is that people should not be allowed to sue for their own stupidity. Lawn mower manuals have warnings in them saying you should not use the mower to trim your hedges because years ago some neanderthal did this and cut off his hands and sued and won.
    That and everyone who stands on the top of a ladder and falls.

People who smoke with warnings on every pack saying you will die.

I'm still waiting to see all the law suits from people with liver damage because they are alcoholics.

Bottom line- If it's documented not to do it, you should not even be able to bring a suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyfi
    That and everyone who stands on the top of a ladder and falls.

People who smoke with warnings on every pack saying you will die.

I'm still waiting to see all the law suits from people with liver damage because they are alcoholics.

Bottom line- If it's documented not to do it, you should not even be able to bring a suit.
    Or even if it isn't documented IMO. A knife should not need a warning saying that this is sharp. Do not stab yourself in the heart with it. Can cause bleeding or death.

ISCET CET, FCC CTT, USITT Dual-500's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Or even if it isn't documented IMO. A knife should not need a warning saying that this is sharp. Do not stab yourself in the heart with it. Can cause bleeding or death.
    Yep - the average person probably doesn't need to be told "Don't stick your d!ck in your lawnmower, table saw or chipper shredder" - it will get ripped off.....

Quote Originally Posted by SteveW
    Yep - the average person probably doesn't need to be told "Don't stick your d!ck in your lawnmower, table saw or chipper shredder" - it will get ripped off.....
    Geez! I hope they'd know. If not, then it's just natural selection at work.

I do remember seeing a chain saw that had a warning on it to not stop the chain with hand or genitals.

(Somewhere in the USA)
    “Hey Honey, watch this!”
    Thuck…
    “Yeeeeeeooooouuuuuwwwwwwiiiiiiiiii”

Thread Information