Audio casualty StevenSurprenant's Avatar

Just dropped in to say Hi!

Just thought I'd drop by and say Hi. I hope everyone is well.

Latest news...

I normally don't go to the theater, but I saw "Man of Steel" at the local Paramount theater. It was the best version yet! I really enjoyed it, but it did have some draw backs. I didn't like the use of flashbacks which was frequently used during this movie, but that is personal taste. That was my only issue with the story line, the acting was very good. My biggest complaint was the sound quality. During the action scenes, every sound was thrown at me with equal intensity so it was just a jumbled mess of booms bangs and clangs. This occurs a lot in many movies. The dialog sounded muffled during the entire movie. On top of that, the theater played it so loud that I suffered partial and temporary hearing loss after the movie for about an hour, which is the reason I don't go to theaters much. I can't wait for it to come out on Blu ray. I would love to see it again and hear it at a more realistic volume.

On the audio front, I haven't been able to go back to CD after getting my vinyl rig. When hi res audio becomes the norm, I might make the transition back to digital.

Here's a couple of my latest pictures I recently took. I hope you like them. By the way, they were taken with a Canon SX50 which is relatively inexpensive bridge camera with a 50 times zoom.

Just dropped in to say Hi!-moon.jpgJust dropped in to say Hi!-daytime-moon-2-small.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just dropped in to say Hi!-moon-small.jpg  

Suspended
    Yo Steve! Great pics of the moon.

Glad your doing well.

Super Moderator Site Moderator JohnMichael's Avatar
    Good to hear from you. Glad you are enjoying vinyl and I can relate. I also like the hands on aspect of vinyl. You are doing a great job with the new camera. Very nice moon shots.
    JohnMichael
    Vinyl Rega Planar 2, Incognito rewire, Deepgroove subplatter, ceramic bearing, Michell Technoweight, Rega 24V motor, TTPSU, FunkFirm Achroplat platter, Michael Lim top and bottom braces, 2 Rega feet and one RDC cones. Grado Sonata, Moon 110 LP phono.
    Digital
    Sony SCD-XA5400ES SACD/cd SID mat, Marantz SA 8001
    Int. Amp Krell S-300i
    Speaker
    Monitor Audio RS6
    Cables
    AQ SPKR and AQ XLR and IC

Audio casualty StevenSurprenant's Avatar
    Thanks guys.

It's good to see that the conversation here keeps flowing.

Here's a couple of non-moon shots taken recently. Make no mistake, I realize that these pictures are second rate, but it's fun to try. Every time I go to National Geographic, I am amazed at what some people can do with a camera.

Just dropped in to say Hi!-img_4916.jpgJust dropped in to say Hi!-img_4870.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just dropped in to say Hi!-bird-001-2.jpg  
    Last edited by StevenSurprenant; 07-17-2013 at 06:36 AM.

Wonderful pic's Steve. I wish I had the time to take photo's. I dabbled in black and white photo's as a young teenager when my brother and cousin had a dark room and taught photography. I had a Konica SLR and then bought an Olympus OM2-S which was a great camera till my wife dropped it.
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP