who's got the PS3 or Wii yet??

ya, nobody's posted this yet, so i thought i'd do it.

I played the Wii today, its ANAZING!!! the controlers are a lot smaller than the pics show, and they work amazingly well, its great fun! i can't wait 'till red steel comes out, then ima have to get me one of these!

I have played both of them but i have yet to get motivated to shell out 600 for the PS3, im probably going to wait until metal gear solid 4 comes out then shell out the cash for the PS3
    that makes as much sense as a drunken mongoose playing the piano

Forum Regular
    i got the ps3

how do you like your PS3 so far bubbagump?
    that makes as much sense as a drunken mongoose playing the piano

I got the WII for my 5 year old and im getting my PS3 hopefully on the 13th of december, oops did i let the cat outta the bag? well to bad Sony haha.
    Until the house moves off the foundation i will not rest!

Why would anyone older then 10 want the Wii ? All of the commercials & everything I have seen on TV & read about it looks like it is no fun at all. I saw one commercial on TV of a guy using 2 diffrent controlers to play a shooter style game & a boxing match that was shown you see this guy punching like he was in a real fight.After an hour or more of that the guy would be tired as h. As far as the cost of the new consoles after X-Mas the prices on them should go down by 15 % when the companies will be making millons of them.Example : XBOX 360. When it first came out you could not find one under $1000.00 & now they can be bought for $399 in some areas on line you can find them for $ 299.00

As for Wii, maybe those spoiled fat kids get some excersise they absolutely need. How about buying them Dance Dance Revolution? I think my dear Kathy could use some of that..

JRA

I just a 31 year guy who likes to play normal console shooter type games like splintercell.I just do not see how shooter games can be played well when you have to you 2 controlers almost the same size as a pair of TV remote controls.

test the blind blindly emorphien's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swwdts
    I just a 31 year guy who likes to play normal console shooter type games like splintercell.I just do not see how shooter games can be played well when you have to you 2 controlers almost the same size as a pair of TV remote controls.
    I don't see how it would be harder than a regular console control. In fact i dont think regular console controllers are that ideal, and most people who have played with the Wii found it very natural (assuming the game devs took their time adapting the controls to work for it properly). You use both hands to control the regular console controls, the Nintendo controller(s) just let you have your hands separated and integrate motion. It's not exactly like the fact that there are two of them is particulary daunting and I completely fail to see the relevance of their size.

Why would anyone older then 10 want the Wii ? All of the commercials & everything I have seen on TV & read about it looks like it is no fun at all. I saw one commercial on TV of a guy using 2 diffrent controlers to play a shooter style game & a boxing match that was shown you see this guy punching like he was in a real fight.After an hour or more of that the guy would be tired as h. As far as the cost of the new consoles after X-Mas the prices on them should go down by 15 % when the companies will be making millons of them.Example : XBOX 360. When it first came out you could not find one under $1000.00 & now they can be bought for $399 in some areas on line you can find them for $ 299.00
    The Xbox was never $1000, the price hasn't dropped. Instead retailers bundled them with games or accessories and people resold them on ebay for well over $1000 at launch.

The official pricing has remained the same: $300 for the useless version (Core or basic system) and $400 for the Platinum/Premium (whatever it's called) system. None of the prices are going to go down any time soon, particularly unlikely for Sony but I doubt Nintendo will drop them. Traditionally that doesn't happen for the first year or more. For one thing Sony won't make a profit off their consoles (possible for a long time) and MS just started breaking even or making a profit with each Xbox 360 being sold.

It seems you aren't very informed so perhaps you should cut back on your posts and go read up on the consoles, go play with them and then come back!
    Last edited by emorphien; 11-26-2006 at 07:44 AM.

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar
    Example : XBOX 360. When it first came out you could not find one under $1000.00 & now they can be bought for $399 in some areas on line you can find them for $ 299.00
    Ummmm....that was $1000 on EBAY. The retail price for the 360 is $399/premuim and $299/basic model. There has been no price drop. Retail prices have been static since release day. Now some retailers are bundeling the 360 with games, or extra controllers, and some stores are giving gift cards ranging from $20-50 with purchase of a 360.

persnickity
    Interested in both systems--WII for good family fun gaming and PS3 because you get the first available device equipped with BlueRay disc and HDMI v1.3 output so you get Deep Colour (billions not millions of colors in 1080p) and the best uncompressed HD movie audio to date. Bad news is you will need a spring 2007 model HDTV with HDMI v1.3 and 1080p capability and a receiver or seperates that are v1.3 capable to enjoy the audio track to it's fullest on BlueRay movies. Interested in knowing if PS3 easily allows itunes purchased AAC tracks to be stored and played or not. See where I am going with this...? Wondering if this device could be a centerpiece device for my planned new home theater going in this spring, easily playing and storing and serving up with no DRM snaggsNapster tunes, itunes, family photos, HD gaming, wi-fi network access, etc.

Thread Information