• 04-11-2004, 11:08 AM
    Ricardo ferreira
    What happened to the comapy acoustic research
    What happened to the acoustic research? Was closed? or was sold?
  • 04-11-2004, 05:56 PM
    aimen
    AR got bankcrupt and was sold by Recoton to some other company, since then there aite is closed and no news. atleast i dont have any news after that.
  • 04-16-2004, 07:44 PM
    veganaudio
    Ar
    I got a sub AR.....it has good sound but it makes this annoying pop when shuts down automatically
    any solutions???
  • 05-26-2004, 05:48 PM
    ibhim
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aimen
    AR got bankcrupt and was sold by Recoton to some other company, since then there aite is closed and no news. atleast i dont have any news after that.

Actually, AR was acquired by Recoton, then last year Recoton went bankrupt. While the Recoton factory was local...we lost a great outlet store! Here is the news item as Audiovox acquired Recoton.

Audiovox Announces The Completion Of Its Recoton Acquisition

HAUPPAUGE, N.Y., Jul 16, 2003 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX/ -- Audiovox Corporation (Nasdaq: VOXX) today announced that its previously disclosed acquisition of the audio assets of Recoton Corp. has been completed.

The Company, through one of its wholly owned subsidiaries, acquired Recoton's U.S. audio operation, which includes the well known brands of Jensen, Advent and Acoustic Research in addition to Recoton German Holdings GmbH, an audio business with 2002 sales of $70 million for approximately $40 million and the assumption of $5 million of debt related to the acquired German subsidiary. This transaction combined with the already substantial market share of Audiovox, creates one of the largest U.S. audio suppliers of mobile entertainment products.
  • 05-28-2004, 12:56 PM
    Tech Support
    I had an AR component cable with a plug that tore loose. I contacted them via their website (www.araccessories.com) and was able to have the cable replaced at no cost. I don't know who owns the label (audiovox apparently), but you should be able to have your parts serviced by them w/o too much trouble.
  • 06-17-2004, 02:34 PM
    NewAudioBuff
    Bought by Thompson Electronics (parent of RCA)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo ferreira
    What happened to the acoustic research? Was closed? or was sold?

I was trying to shop for their cables (master series) and couldn't find any. I asked the online dealer (authorized dealer) and he said that they were bought by Thompson.
  • 02-22-2005, 10:42 PM
    evil__betty
    Yeah it is Thomson who has them now. The master and pro series II lines are fantastic cables at reasonable prices. It is too bad that this once powerhouse speaker company has been reduced to mainly A/V accessories - and traded hands a couple of times.
  • 03-29-2005, 09:40 AM
    ttskyline01
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NewAudioBuff
    I was trying to shop for their cables (master series) and couldn't find any. I asked the online dealer (authorized dealer) and he said that they were bought by Thompson.

Hey if you are looking for their master series, then go to the Accessories 4 Less website and they do carry them for a great price! They also carry their speaker and subwoofer line as well.. I just bought the Acoustic Research PR808 sub for $109 and it kicks @ss!!!

Their wesite is www.ac4l.com.