Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Suspended
    Gee. Dumbass. Do I annoy you?

nightflier
    Pix, is there something wrong with being gay, or "f***ing gay, as you put it?

Haha----- holy crap this is more intense then me and RGA. But RGA at least knew how to responde with the "thread of death"........ it was a so long ever lasting text of something. They where so long that i couldnt even read them, so i never replied.
    Lots of music but not enough time for it all

Forum Regular
    No, i'd probably still listen, but his shows on terrestial radio weren't nearly as good as what they are on satellite radio.

Doesnt mean I cant call him a sell out though

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    Ironic, since he won't be getting that big fat paycheck, then....

Stern did complain a lot, and now not so much. Maybe we have a fetish about hearing people complain about things?
    Marantz SR-7000
    Von Schweikert VR-1
    Denon 2910
    Pioneer PDP-5020

nightflier
    Duds, here's a thought: what if Stern returned to regualr radio part-time (so he'd have something to complain about) and stayed with SiriusXM part time as well (to say the seven words without getting shafted)? This way he would cost the SiriusXM execs less, he would once again be able to grow his audience, and he could plug both sides during his show. That sounds like a win-win to me.

On another note (a disturbing one), I just read that the second most popular talk-show host is Limbaugh. Considering his history of racist comments, drugs, and woman-bashing, that's a lot more disturbing that the ongoing drivel about Stern's private parts. Could he surpass Stern?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    Pix, is there something wrong with being gay, or "f***ing gay, as you put it?

SORRY...I meant to post the JPG stating he was a moron.
    MY BAD.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

nightflier
    Gotta watch what you post, especially when we're dealing with personalized pix, Pix.

Quote Originally Posted by Duds
    How can they pay attention when they aren't a subscriber?
    That's exactly the point. Stern's a media whore, and if he's not pissing off the FCC or easily offended listeners, the rest of the media isn't showering attention to the self-proclaimed king of all media. Subscribers are not going to be offended by Stern, because they are paying to listen to his program. Therefore, subscribers are not going to raise a media outcry over something controversial.

I'm not buying it. He was going nuts during his last years on terrestial radio. I just do not see it happening.
    He was going nuts, and he was getting written up all over the media. Controversy sells newspapers, and gets ratings for tabloid/entertainment programs. When Stern was battling the FCC and his affiliates, he created a cottage industry around the controversy that he created. People get offended when Stern's rantings go over the public airwaves. It got him attention, and that's exactly what he wanted.

With satellite radio, his audience is self-selected and they won't get offended because it's a subscriber service. He can be even more outrageous, and it won't get him much notice at all because of that.

If he does indeed go back, i'll label him a sell out.
    It's all contingent on if he cares more about the publicity or the money. His jump to Sirius was a money grab. If he wants publicity, terrestrial radio gives him the biggest exposure.
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    SORRY...I meant to post the JPG stating he was a moron.
    MY BAD.
    Really dumbass? It's not the first time you've posted that picture.

Suspended
    I GUESS the old saying is true, the more of an idiot you are the more self rightous
    you can get.
    AND all of this coming from a moron who hooked a pair of B&W speakers to a
    HOME THEATER IN A BOX.
    My first sliderule was when I was 14. At 14 you were probably running numbers or something in Jersey because you were too much of a retard to get into high school.
    GEE, you are SO proud to work at TI, heres a clue, its no big thang to scrub floors,
    no matter where you scrub them.
    POST all of the hate filled vitriolic crap you want , I AM TIRED OF RESPONDING
    TO SUCH AN addled brained loser, I do have a life, unlike yourself.
    AND back on topic , what are you gonna do with all of that SAT RADIO CRAP
    your dumbass was conned into buying(not hard to con an idiot like you into anything
    I guess). I guess you can make a necklace of something .
    BECAUSE SAT RADIO IS DEAD
    moron.
    First of all, Sirius got a $530 million cash infusion from Liberty Media, which saved Sirius from bankruptcy. Now they've announced an app that'll work with the IPhone.

Minus 2 dumbass.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    First of all, Sirius got a $530 million cash infusion from Liberty Media, which saved Sirius from bankruptcy. Now they've announced an app that'll work with the IPhone.

Minus 2 dumbass.
    YEAH, keep doing those chest compressions on the corpse, DUMBASS2

Sat radio is kaput, wireless broadband and internet beats it in choice, quality, and price.
    There are a lot of neat things you can do with technology.
    Doesnt mean you should do them
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Wireless broadband loses to satellite in terms availability (only available where there's cellphone service) and bandwidth (does not scale well with large numbers of simultaneous listeners).

At the moment, they both sound like poop. Satellite can fix that instantly by reallocating bandwidth to fewer better-sounding channels. Wireless broadband needs to wait for new spectrum to be freed up (e.g. once we're done with analog TV) and for new data communications standards (e.g. WiMax) to be widely adopted.

I'd say a window of opportunity is still open for satellite radio.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Kevio
    Wireless broadband loses to satellite in terms availability (only available where there's cellphone service) and bandwidth (does not scale well with large numbers of simultaneous listeners).

At the moment, they both sound like poop. Satellite can fix that instantly by reallocating bandwidth to fewer better-sounding channels. Wireless broadband needs to wait for new spectrum to be freed up (e.g. once we're done with analog TV) and for new data communications standards (e.g. WiMax) to be widely adopted.

I'd say a window of opportunity is still open for satellite radio.
    a WINDOW that is being slammed shut.
    I have been fighting mediocre music sources like forever.
    The marketers of sat radio were pretty stupid, they went up against other sources
    on their playing ground, mainly cheap MP3 crap.
    Fewer channels of higher quality would have been different.
    Right now I AM listening to "radio", mainly streaming audio, it sounds great,
    and its FREE. It certainly sounds better than the pap off of SAT.
    And dont mention mobile , who cares?
    A good media player is all thats required for that.
    Analog TV (vhf) isnt suitable for sat, BTW.
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

And dont mention mobile , who cares?
    I don't think you even think about this stuff before you post.

For most people their cars are the place where they do the majority of their listening. Second would probably be on their iPods while they're working out. When people do sit still at home, it is to watch a movie.

Cool

For most people their cars are the place where they do the majority of their listening. Second would probably be on their iPods while they're working out. When people do sit still at home, it is to watch a movie.

and I DONT THINK ABOUT WHAT I AM POSTING!!!
    JEEEZ
    DO you realize where you are AT?
    a MAJORITY of the peeps on this site are not only HT but AUDIO enthusiasists.
    In other words they SIT in front of thousands of dollars worth of audio gear to
    LISTEN TO MUSIC!!!
    For hours sometimes.
    Do you think I spent ten grand, and thousands more over the years, just so I could hear
    the helicopters crash better on some mediocre movie?
    I have been an audio freeak since the seventies, before they even had VCR'S.
    I still have a turntable (look it up) and still spin records, what ones I have left, most of which are probably older than you
    The HI-FI hobby started way before the video, but really started ramping up in the fifties.
    I can tell the difference between 128 and 256 mp3, between records and CD, between
    certain types of CD even. I can tell ya if a CD is one of the first by the compression on the disc.
    The thing is, MY rig is modest because of economics, there are those on this site who have spent tens of thousands of dollars on their gear.
    A car can never be a proper enviroment for music listening, anything in a car is going to be a compromise, so I dont waste much time on car audio.
    Besides, I only live three miles from work.
    GET a FRIGGIN clue, okay?
    Dont go to a motorcycle club and say they dont exist.
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Speak for yourself, Kevio.

Gotta agree with the Pix on this one. I don't listen all in the car; my iPod is for science podcasts.

Dont go to a motorcycle club and say they dont exist.
    I'm thinking he was not limiting the term "most people" to enthusiasts here. Using your metaphor, what he said was most people aren't riders. I find that he's right on both counts. As a rider myself, I would say most "cagers" don't get the thrill of riding. Just like they don't get the thrill of focused listening.

rw

ps: I plan to take the ST out for a long ride tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Feanor

Gotta agree with the Pix on this one. I don't listen all in the car; my iPod is for science podcasts.
    I've gotta agree with Pix on this one also.
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

The context here is that Pix asserts (in #88) that terrestrial streaming services render satellite delivery superfluous and satellite will fail.

My point is that these ventures don't live or die by the needs and preferences audio enthusiasts. Their success or failure depends on the larger market. The larger market mostly listens to music on the go and so mobile capability is crucial.

Wireless broadband has a gap to close in terms of coverage and scalability before it can compete with satellite for mobile applications.

Suspended
    I don't agree with dumbass at all. The key benefit of sat radio is it's MOBILITY features. Anything after that is just icing on the cake.

Secondly. his useless tirade against another member here does nothing more than reinforce the fact that he's a social misfit who sits in his house *****ing and complaining day in and day out about how bad the world treats him. Then he goes to work at night, sits there watching old ladies in their hospital gowns on his sh!tty LCD computer monitor and thinks up ways to incite people here on the forums.

BY THE WAY dumbass, right now I'm home listening to XM 46 :"Classic Vinyl". And I'll probably be listening to it again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and so on and so on and so on...

Remember audience, dumbass said...

Quote Originally Posted by dumbass
    BECAUSE SAT RADIO IS DEAD
    It don't sound all that DEAD to me.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Feanor

So what? Doesn't make you the majority Bill.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    I don't agree with dumbass at all. The key benefit of sat radio is it's MOBILITY features. Anything after that is just icing on the cake.
    THERE is NO benefit to sat radio, it is completely extraneous and depends on idiots like
    dumbass2 for sales.
    Not profits but sales , since there are NO profits, and never will be

Secondly. his useless tirade against another member here does nothing more than reinforce the fact that he's a social misfit who sits in his house *****ing and complaining day in and day out about how bad the world treats him. Then he goes to work at night, sits there watching old ladies in their hospital gowns on his sh!tty LCD computer monitor and thinks up ways to incite people here on the forums.
    ITS NOT A "TRIADE" against another member, its slapping the face of an idiot who comes on a site full of audio enthusiasists , most of who spend hours listening to music ,
    and then says thats not what people do.
    Even dumbass2 isnt that stupid (are you?)

BY THE WAY dumbass, right now I'm home listening to XM 46 :"Classic Vinyl". And I'll probably be listening to it again tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and the next day, and so on and so on and so on...
    Which is more of a testament to your low standards than anything else, except maybe that you drive a firebird
    You are right about one thing, you're listening pleasure (if it can be called that) will be measured in days, certainly not months, not enough willing to pay for free stuff

Remember audience, dumbass said...

It don't sound all that DEAD to me.
    Of course it doesnt, you tin eared SOB.
    Of course with the swill you probably listen to you could use two tin cans with a string
    and not be bothered.
    But it is dead, and soon you will be able to put all of the sat crap next to the eight track tape player you couldnt find tapes for anymore, DUMBASS2
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

THERE is NO benefit to sat radio, it is completely extraneous and depends on idiots...
    And those who seek more variety in their car than broadcast radio.

ITS NOT A "TRIADE" against another member, its slapping the face of an idiot who comes on a site full of audio enthusiasists...and then says thats not what people do.
    You really need to work on your spelling ability since the original post was correct. As for "the idiot", he used the term "most people". Most people don't post here. In fact, there are precious few of the 300 million in the US who do. Do you disagree with that? As for audio enthusiasts, you'll be hard pressed to find many audiophiles more rabid than I. Not everyone has multiple kilobuck systems, one of which runs $50k. On the other hand, I have full awareness of what the general public believes.

Those of us with a true passion for music will find many avenues to satisfy that craving. You'll find me listening to uncompressed content on my iPhone whether on the lawn tractor or when traveling by air which I do frequently on my job.

rw
    Last edited by E-Stat; 03-21-2009 at 07:18 AM.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    And those who seek more variety in their car than broadcast radio.

You really need to work on your spelling ability since the original post was correct. As for "the idiot", he used the term "most people". Most people don't post here. In fact, there are precious few of the 300 million in the US who do. Do you disagree with that? As for audio enthusiasts, you'll be hard pressed to find many audiophiles more rabid than I. Not everyone has multiple kilobuck systems, one of which runs $50k. On the other hand, I have full awareness of what the general public believes.

Those of us with a true passion for music will find many avenues to satisfy that craving. You'll find me listening to uncompressed content on my iPhone whether on the lawn tractor or when traveling by air which I do frequently on my job.

rw
    Give me a break.
    Are you going on a site with a special interest and claim that its interest doesnt exist?
    I also have a "general" interest of what the "public" beleives and that has nothing to do with it.
    A LOT OF PEOPLE sit and just listen to music, just listen instead of using it for background.
    If the original posters intent is to talk about car audio I am sure there are avenues for that.
    A lot of discussion about classical music, I wouldnt know since its a minor interest
    to me, but I wont go on a classical website and claim it doesnt exist.
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Are you going on a site with a special interest and claim that its interest doesnt exist?
    Relax. That's not at all what he said. What he said was most people don't care about high quality audio. Most people are quite happy with 128k MP3 downloads. Which they listen to on crappy earbuds while they're doing something else. Like it or not, that's the picture.

And I'm one of those "idiots" who seeks alternative sources for new music, even if its fidelity sux. I have discovered artists new to me - then purchased quite a few CDs as a result of friends sending me an MP3 or listening to XM. Works for me.

Get back to enjoying the music, K?

rw

BTW, today I got the wife a copy of Twilight. Sounds pretty good on the HT. Try expanding your horizons a bit.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information