Radiohead Fans Feel Duped By In Rainbows' Poor Sound Quality

Rep points are my LIFE!! Groundbeef's Avatar

Seems to me, the whole mess could have been avoided pretty easily. D/L 1st time, and enter "0" as amount to pay. Listen to album, then decide how much its "worth", go back to website, D/L again, and this time pay "XX" amount its "worth".

Whole lotta nothin' about nothing. How can people be pissed is beyond me.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    I'm pretty disappointed it's not available in FLAC but all in all it's a minor let-down. The album is decent, and I give full marks to the band for trying to do something different here. People will complain no matter what but for the most part I think there's been more positive here than negative.

Mutant from table 9
    I won't pretend to be a Radiohead fan, I think they are really overrated, so I certainly can't be outraged. But, I know douchebaggery when I see it, and this is douchebaggery of the first order:

No one seemed to understand why Radiohead decided to release Rainbows at 160 kpbs, though guitarist Jonny Greenwood told Rolling Stone, "We talked about it and we just wanted to make it a bit better than iTunes, which it is, so that's kind of good enough, really. It's never going to be CD-quality, because that's what a CD does."

Kind of good enough??? What a tool. Nice work ethic.

New headline: Radiohead Records Loud Bout of Diarrhea: Long Time Fans Declare it Subtle and Textured. "You can totally hear all the bits of corn and peanuts," says devoted fan.

This is up there with Metallica releasing the Black Record and pretending it didn't come from Spinal Tap.

Oh, and for the record: I bought the Polyphonic Spree's Fragile Army on LP. It came with a free Mp3 download of the record at 256kpbs with no DDR. So what's my point? Not every artist is out to screw with you. And some still even respect their fans.

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Name:  chris-crocker-2.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  10.5 KB

EEeeewww, my free stuff isn't good enough... fukkouttahere.

I'll concede Slumpy's point about the low-rez download, but still it's free. Seems to me that the band are fools and the "fans" are whiny b!&@hes. Whatever.

Betcha there's a cd released within two months.

Thread Information