Thread: Time Warner

Smile Time Warner

Back in September Time Warner took over for adelphia in Southern California, everything stay the same till Tuesday morning. The channel line was re-organize and a few new channels were added. The most impressive channel I have come across so far is one call Music HD. I believe its a HD channel back by MTV, but last night I watched Alicia Keys unplugged in HD and full 5.1 sound and it was awesome . From the new channel line up I think they added about 5 more HD channels and thats not counting the HBO's...etc stuff so now I have around 15 HD channels. But this Music HD channel really got my attention.

The funny thing about this so call channel change is that all they did was double up on the same channels they already had, they just put them in the digital tier. So the most improvement you may get is stereo surround and few do have better picture quality, EDTV level.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Oh my, I thought the Music HD channel was a plus now I found another HD channel call Universal HD, it looks as Universal pictures has put this one together. To night I'm watching Stargate Atlantis in full HD /5.1 along with the show off the ScFi channel Firefly. I saw the line up for Saturday and it included Battlestar Galatica.....man I'm in HD heaven.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Crackhead Extraordinaire Dusty Chalk's Avatar
    Ooo...Firefly in HD...sweet...
    Eschew fascism.
    Truth Will Out.
    Quote Originally Posted by stevef22
    you guys are crackheads.
    I remain,
    Peter aka Dusty Chalk

nightflier
    Recover,

Can you tell what resolution you're getting? 720p? 1080i? What about compression factors? With 5.1 surround I wonder how it compares to something like an HD DVD player's output.

not able to tell which format its being broadcast (HD cable box-->component connection TV). The 5.1 will vary also depending on the original sound mix. Older movies only come in digital stereo and mix through my AVR into DPLII and some may come in as Stereo surround. The HDMTV has a very detail looks as if it is full 1080i the UHD channel has the film look to their shows more like 520p/480p
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Quote Originally Posted by recoveryone
    not able to tell which format its being broadcast (HD cable box-->component connection TV). The 5.1 will vary also depending on the original sound mix. Older movies only come in digital stereo and mix through my AVR into DPLII and some may come in as Stereo surround. The HDMTV has a very detail looks as if it is full 1080i the UHD channel has the film look to their shows more like 520p/480p
    Doesn't your cable box show you what is coming in? Mine shows it in tiny little red letters on the display. I have to get right up to it to be able to read it.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Thread Information