PC Magazine reviews the Samsung Blu-Ray Player

PC Magazine Reviews the Samsung BD-P1000

Bottom Line
    The stylish Samsung BD-P1000 is a capable disc player that unleashes the full capabilities of the Blu-ray format. Unfortunately, the initial Blu-ray titles are a reminder that there are lots of older films that need some TLC before they will look great in HD.

Pros
    Supports 1080p digital video output. Good performance with standard DVD movies. Integrated memory card readers for viewing digital images.

Cons
    It costs twice as much as the least expensive HD DVD player. The remote suffers from small buttons and an odd button layout. Sluggish start-up and load times, but slightly better than current HD DVD players.

Read the rest here..

Smile

i guess there is an improvement in quality and stuff but it's waaaaaay to expensive for what it is + the world is not ready for it! we're still in the vhs to dvd step so the new movies will be dvd and not hd-dvd or blu-ray. later, as the majority of people have blu-ray/hd-dvd players they will start to release movies on blu-ray. ...but first... let's concentrate on getting a hd-capable tv
    Life is music!

Mcintosh MA6400 Integrated
    Double Advent speakers
    Thiel CS2.3's
    *DIY Lenco L75 TT
    * SME 3012 S2
    * Rega RB-301
    *Denon DL-103 in midas body
    *Denon DL-304
    *Graham slee elevator EXP & revelation
    *Lehmann audio black cube SE
    Marantz CD5001 OSE
    MIT AVt 2 IC's
    Sonic link Black earth IC's
    Siltech MXT New york IC's
    Kimber 4VS speakercable
    Furutech powercord and plugs.

I'm a happy 20 year old...

nightflier
    Doesn't it seem like computer magazines are writing about the BR & HD players a lot more than the A/V mags?

Quote Originally Posted by nightflier
    Doesn't it seem like computer magazines are writing about the BR & HD players a lot more than the A/V mags?
    now that you mention it, it does. My hunch would be that the computer and video game mags have a much wider reach and audience than A/V mags, and are therefore a bigger priority for manufacturers handing out samples.. just a guess.

Thread Information