New Review - JAS Orsus Loudspeakers

JAS Orsus Loudspeakers from Gini Systems.

The first review from our own Geoffcin! Give him his props!

Forum Regular

Very well done Geoff!

Informative and to the point. It's great to hear about a new product and written by one of our own as well! Your comments about the sound quality of the Orsus reminded me very much of my impressions of the Veracity HT-3 from Salk Sound which I heard last spring. That speaker also uses ribbon tweeter technology. I'd also be interested to hear a little about the two way Orior. In any case congratulations on a job well done.

Gary

Silence of the spam Site Moderator Geoffcin's Avatar

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by matt39
    Informative and to the point. It's great to hear about a new product and written by one of our own as well! Your comments about the sound quality of the Orsus reminded me very much of my impressions of the Veracity HT-3 from Salk Sound which I heard last spring. That speaker also uses ribbon tweeter technology. I'd also be interested to hear a little about the two way Orior. In any case congratulations on a job well done.

Gary
    It was a great pleasure to have had a chance to do the first published review of these speakers. I have to admit that I am drawn to speakers using ribbon tweeters, I own two sets of Magnepans that are using them.

I have heard the Orior briefly and it was impressive enough to hold me in the Gini Systems room for much longer than I had time for. My initial impressions were of a smooth, dynamic, and extended responce. They were using a JAS tube amp to drive them, and I always shy away from making any critical judgments about speakers unless I'm totally familiar with the setup. That being said, it sounded great!

The Orior speaker used a 7" Ceramic woofer like the kind used in the obscenely expensive Kharma speakers. The finish on them was also extraordinary, the wood so well polished that it could be on the dashboard of a Rolls Royce.
    Audio;
    Ming Da MC34-AB 75wpc
    PS Audio Classic 250. 500wpc into 4 ohms.
    PS Audio 4.5 preamp,
    Marantz 6170 TT Shure M97e cart.
    Arcam Alpha 9 CD.- 24 bit dCS Ring DAC.
    Magnepan 3.6r speakers Oak/black,

Thread Information