Suspended

NAD continues to serve the 2-channel budget minded audiophile

NAD showed new stereo gear at the 2009 CES. It's good to know this now nitch market hasn't been abandoned and enthusiasts can put together a decent stereo system without breaking the bank.

http://enghddev.weblogsinc.com/2008/...nents-for-ces/

Well, "budget" may still be open for interpretation.
    http://stereos.about.com/b/2009/01/0...o-receiver.htm

Boy, nitch is the right word, are many looking for a stereo receiver that costs $799.00?

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    That's gotta be tough market segment to compete in, wonder what they think an $800 stereo receiver brings to the table vs the dozens of quality integrateds near that price point and even a few quality separates solutions available from av123, etc.?

They're up againt the anti-receiver mentality that is likely to be present in places that carry this kind of gear and people who would be aware of it...

Unless there's a slew of 20 year old NAD receivers due for upgrades?

Not me

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    That's gotta be tough market segment to compete in, wonder what they think an $800 stereo receiver brings to the table vs the dozens of quality integrateds near that price point and even a few quality separates solutions available from av123, etc.?

They're up againt the anti-receiver mentality that is likely to be present in places that carry this kind of gear and people who would be aware of it...

Unless there's a slew of 20 year old NAD receivers due for upgrades?
    Nope, I wouldn't look for a receiver but instead an intergrated. There are two reasons for that:
    1. I listen to almost no off-the-air radio today. Once CBC Radio 2 went from mostly classical and a little jazz, to "eclectic", I mostly gave up radio.
    2. I've already gat an FM/AM tuner that is better than I'm likely to get in any receiver today -- that's my Denon TU-767. Vintage tuners, whether analog or digital, are great a bargain, e.g. I paid US$70 plus shipping.

Thread Information