Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Hmmm...thinking about selling half my gear to get one of these. Wonder how much i can get for my truck

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    Hmmm...thinking about selling half my gear to get one of these. Wonder how much i can get for my truck
    Just don't sell your sub.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

[QUOTE=ForeverAutumn]Somebody's screwing with me. There was picture of a dog in my above post. But then when I commented on it, it was gone. I think the zombie-dogs are coming for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Another "doze" paperweight, these guys keep it up and old DARTH is gonna be outta a job..
    Mitsubishi has a 47 in with a built in audio system for half the price.
    I guess there arent any more IDIOTS to sell five hundred clock radios to, Iran is the only country left.
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Musicaholic Forums Moderator ForeverAutumn's Avatar
    Cute photo Pix. (the dog, not the guy with no teeth)

Can I have a cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn

Can I have a cookie?

Choco-chip?
    Oatmeal?
    Sugar?
    Peanutbutter?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Forum Regular
    Knock it all you want, but I wouldn't be shocked to see these sell like hot cakes.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn

Can I have a cookie?
    all out...SORRY.
    Drink the koolaid instead.
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Just don't sell your sub.
    You can have mine!
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Quote Originally Posted by atomicAdam
    I just got this in my inbox - should we be scared, frightened, delighted or apprehensive?
    Now that you see the details, the application is pretty interesting. For those with limited space or more haute-couture sensibilities over having large speakers, subs and wiring, it will likely be a success. It employs a couple of previous Bose concepts: six small woofers firing into a transmission line along with multiple tweeters arrayed on the back edge of the screen for invisibility and indirect radiation for enhanced "spaciousness". Here are some videos including one on the sound system.

rw
    Last edited by E-Stat; 10-07-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Stat
    Now that you see the details, the application is pretty interesting. For those with limited space or more haute-couture sensibilities over having large speakers, subs and wiring, it will likely be a success. It employs a couple of previous Bose concepts: six small woofers firing into a transmission line along with multiple tweeters arrayed on the back edge of the screen for invisibility and indirect radiation for enhanced "spaciousness". Here are some videos including one on the sound system.

rw
    Bose usually has interesting concepts.... They've specialized in addressing a market that most HiFi brands ignore; People who really hate the look of electronics...

This TV is a good idea, but as always the question is really whether the aesthetics, sound and image quality will in anyway justify the heavy price tag....

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    This TV is a good idea, but as always the question is really whether the aesthetics, sound and image quality will in anyway justify the heavy price tag....
    For those in the "know", no. Nevertheless, I still suspect it will be a runaway success because of the convenience and cosmetics. More importantly, other makers may decide that they should do more than putting two wimpy little speakers on a mid-sized TV that most likely will run standalone. Let the competition begin!

rw

Ajani
    For those in the "know", no. Nevertheless, I still suspect it will be a runaway success because of the convenience and cosmetics. More importantly, other makers may decide that they should do more than putting two wimpy little speakers on a mid-sized TV that most likely will run standalone. Let the competition begin!

rw
    Agreed... I hope it encourages other manufacturers to upgrade the speakers they include on TVs....

Cool

rw
    It is still not worth six freakin grand.
    Mitshubishi has a set at half the price that probably sounds at least as good(or better)!!

http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/unisen.html
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    It is still not worth six freakin grand.
    I've already acknowledged that you can buy more for your $5349. They are shrewd in that they offer monthly payments for most of their products that tends to gloss over the high package cost. Much like the question asked of car buyers, "So what monthly payment can your afford?" For them, it has always been a matter of marketing the value of convenience and simplicity over low cost.

Mitshubishi has a set at half the price that probably sounds at least as good(or better)
    I seriously doubt that twelve or eighteen one inch drivers can provide the kind of low end than six woofers in a transmission line can provide. Unlike, the Mitsu, all of the speakers are completely hidden (hint: woo women buyers with nice purses) and the unit provides an iPod dock. In any event, Bose has proven they understand a particular market segment and I think this unit will sell quite well. Say what you will, but Amar has been laughing all the way to the bank for a long time.

rw

3LB
    hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I've already acknowledged that you can buy more for your $5349... For them, it has always been a matter of marketing the value of convenience and simplicity over low cost...Unlike, the Mitsu, all of the speakers are completely hidden (hint: woo women buyers with nice purses) and the unit provides an iPod dock. In any event, Bose has proven they understand a particular market segment and I think this unit will sell quite well. Say what you will, but Amar has been laughing all the way to the bank for a long time.
    +1

My wife has been after me forever to buy "those cute little Bose thingies" because she'd rather never see the gear.

I think this TV's sound system would be a great center channel, as long as it wasn't a stand alone monitor.

I would love to have enough money to buy this TV... then I would buy three times the set-up, elsewhere.
    Repost this on your wall if you love Jesus.

Cool

I've already acknowledged that you can buy more for your $5349. They are shrewd in that they offer monthly payments for most of their products that tends to gloss over the high package cost. Much like the question asked of car buyers, "So what monthly payment can your afford?" For them, it has always been a matter of marketing the value of convenience and simplicity over low cost.

I seriously doubt that twelve or eighteen one inch drivers can provide the kind of low end than six woofers in a transmission line can provide. Unlike, the Mitsu, all of the speakers are completely hidden (hint: woo women buyers with nice purses) and the unit provides an iPod dock. In any event, Bose has proven they understand a particular market segment and I think this unit will sell quite well. Say what you will, but Amar has been laughing all the way to the bank for a long time.

rw
    Hes' certainly a student of P.T Barnum.
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Hes' certainly a student of P.T Barnum.
    Amar has been made a wealthy man by delivering what a lot of folks want.

rw

Cool

Amar has been made a wealthy man by delivering what a lot of folks want.

rw
    What his slick marketing tells them they want. His entire enterprise is evidence that
    those who dismiss Americans as a bunch of morons are not far off the mark.
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

Forum Regular
    Of note is that the price tag includes delivery and installation. Still probably doesn't justify the price tag for most on this forum, but I imagine it's appealing to a lot of people.

I wonder if it has a subwoofer out? Probably not.

Ajani
    What his slick marketing tells them they want. His entire enterprise is evidence that
    those who dismiss Americans as a bunch of morons are not far off the mark.
    All countries have loads of morons... It's just that American stupidity is different from Jamaican stupidity, which is different from Japanese stupidity...

As for marketing... I don't think it's just that Bose tells them what they should want... More that he designs products to exploit those wants... We always talk about WAF in HiFi.. Bose didn't invent WAF, but he sure as heck milks it for all it's worth...

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Invader3k
    Of note is that the price tag includes delivery and installation. Still probably doesn't justify the price tag for most on this forum, but I imagine it's appealing to a lot of people.

I wonder if it has a subwoofer out? Probably not.
    I think E-Stat put it best:

For those in the "know", no.
    Those of us with experience in this hobby will not be swayed by the BoseTV, but many consumers with very deep pockets and a desire for simple, high WAF, products will opt for the Bose...

What his slick marketing tells them they want.
    Most importantly, Bose products *look* like what they want.

rw

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Ajani
    All countries have loads of morons... It's just that American stupidity is different from Jamaican stupidity, which is different from Japanese stupidity...

As for marketing... I don't think it's just that Bose tells them what they should want... More that he designs products to exploit those wants... We always talk about WAF in HiFi.. Bose didn't invent WAF, but he sure as heck milks it for all it's worth...
    a DECENT marketing dept has two main tasks, put lipstick on a pig to try to sell
    the latest lemon. The second is twofold, to come up with new products, and try to sell those.
    Since decent audio products last decades(with crappy stuff lasting on a decade or so)
    being a marketing person in an audio-visual company has been a challenge to say the least.
    LUCKY for them there is a segment of the audio market that goes by what they "think"
    rather than facts. THESE PEOPLE are easily convinced to part with their money, just
    come up with enough BS to slather on and you have a sale. Try to tell them that a product
    is little more than snakeoil, and not only will they ignore you, they will actually get incensed that you would dare question their expertise.
    So they pay hundreds (or even thousands) on fancy cables, "power cords", and
    come out with a SET tube set with a circuit from a 1934 Sears catalog and they come running. All you need to do is slather on enough BS about the "special" qualities
    of what you are selling, and you don't have to convince them about anything, they will convince themselves. HISTORIANS will be puzzled as to why people paid thousands
    on gear run by Tubes to play scratchy analog records.
    SO WE CAN'T denigrate the typical "doze" customer, if someone with years of experience can be conned into paying hundreds for something you can get all day long
    for one tenth the price, then can we fault the average joe who falls for the "direct reflecting"
    nonsense, the spacial imaging circuitry that can be found on any 20 buck sound card,
    the "wave" radio which uses the "special" "waveguides"(a megaphone, basically, in use since Roman times, or even earlier), all executed with the cheapest , most mediocre
    parts you can find. "BASS MODULES" that can't be called subwoofers because their
    performance is not up to the standards of even the cheapest sub.
    THE STUFF looks "cool" and the wifey loves the tiny speakers, thats all that matters.
    SAD, REALLY.But hey, look at who IS PRESIDENT.
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player

i totally agree.
    no confidence to begin with. Even less now.
    Audio exploits of the past year
    :D
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/budgetaudio6/

even more here!
    http://s574.photobucket.com/home/budgetaudio6/index
    and yes its been a slow but full 3 or 4 years yet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information