HeadRoom and Ultimate Ears Team Up for the Ultimate Sanctuary Contest!

From a Headroom Press Release, Thought I'd share the contest with Y'all..
    HeadRoom and Ultimate Ears Team Up for the Ultimate Sanctuary Contest!

Tell us about your "sanctuary" with headphones, and you win a $500 headphone system! When you listen to headphones, does it send shivers down your spine? Do you have an unfulfilled need for immersive relaxation that's only found with a killer headphone system?

We're giving away two complete portable-listening packages featuring the superb Ultimate Ears super.fi 5Pro ear-canal headphones along with our Total BitHead portable headphone amp and USB device. Add a slick HeadRoom GigaBag carrying case for your amp and MP3 player, and you have an amazing portable headphone system ready to hit the road.

The clever winner will tell us, and the universe, all about their special headphone sanctuary. Maybe you'll want to share a short, one-paragraph tale about what headphones or headphone listening mean in your world? ...Maybe you got a story about one magical night of pure headphone bliss? ...Or perhaps you'll have a photo or painting that illustrates your personal HeadRoom headphone haven. For some, it could even be a colorful tattoo, some crazy headgear or the always-popular body scarification will say it all?! ...Anyways, y'all get the drift: It's a totally wide open contest with few rules except BE CREATIVE!!

All entries will be individually judged by HeadRoom and Ultimate Ears staff on the basis of sheer creativity, ability to effectively convey the Ultimate Sanctuary headphone experience, and general grooviness of presentation, among other intangible and murky criteria. At our discretion, entries may be posted for all to see, so make 'em good! By submitting your entry, you fully authorize HeadRoom to use your stuff in print, but we always respect your privacy when you submit your information to us. For more information and further contest rules, visit our website at Http://www.headphone.com/news/contests.

Click here to enter! Contest runs through July 31st-- Hurry and enter now, and good luck!

Please submit a photo in jpeg format or a paragraph approximately 200 words. Contest submissions will be posted at www.headphone.com/news/contests

My entry is below.

One night several years ago I was kicking back late at night in my leather recliner. I had comsumed a couple of Pilsner Urquell's and a couple of smokeable things. I was listening to a live binaural recording of some Bach. Just after I opened my third beer I leaned back and decided the person sitting behind and slightly to the right was getting on my nerves with his muffled cough. His wife had been feeding him cough drops wrapped in cellophane. Between the crackling of the cellophane and the barely muffled coughs and whispers I decided I'd had enough. I sat up turned around and said "Will you pl.......". I then remembered that I was home in my chair. I started laughing, amazed that something could seem so real.
    I later sold those Stax Earspeakers. I regret that sale to this day.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Santa Claus
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
    My entry is below.

One night several years ago I was kicking back late at night in my leather recliner. I had comsumed a couple of Pilsner Urquell's and a couple of smokeable things. I was listening to a live binaural recording of some Bach. Just after I opened my third beer I leaned back and decided the person sitting behind and slightly to the right was getting on my nerves with his muffled cough. His wife had been feeding him cough drops wrapped in cellophane. Between the crackling of the cellophane and the barely muffled coughs and whispers I decided I'd had enough. I sat up turned around and said "Will you pl.......". I then remembered that I was home in my chair. I started laughing, amazed that something could seem so real.
    I later sold those Stax Earspeakers. I regret that sale to this day.
    This is Headroom,YOU WIN!Just don't spend your prize money on DRUGS

Quote Originally Posted by Fergymunster
    This is Headroom,YOU WIN!Just don't spend your prize money on DRUGS
    I know this isn't headroom. Allow me to rephrase my post. This is what I posted at Headroom.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Thread Information