Mutant from table 9

Even CEO Can't Figure Out How RadioShack Still In Business

"Tha H-Dog listens easy, always has, always will." - Herbert Kornfeld (R.I.P.)

"I lick the mothra moniters because they pump up the base!!" - Dusty Beiber

Now there's the guy I'd want running my company.
    Oh gee, maybe it's all the remote control cars we sold 30 years ago that has us in business.
    Duh, you don't have a system that tells you what you are buying & selling?
    I didn't see anything about what he's making a year. Bet it's more than he's worth.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Now there's the guy I'd want running my company.
    Oh gee, maybe it's all the remote control cars we sold 30 years ago that has us in business.
    Duh, you don't have a system that tells you what you are buying & selling?
    I didn't see anything about what he's making a year. Bet it's more than he's worth.
    Uhh, GM....buddy...you are familiar with "The Onion", no?

Best line:
    "I know one thing," Day continued. "If Sony and JVC start including gold-tipped cable cords with their products, we're screwed."

In truth, its people like us that keep the shack open, we may not care for the sales staff, but where do you go in a pinch to find that patch cord for the new DVD or audio gear that you picked up and didn't want to spend 80% more at BB/CC.

Where is the best place to get a replacement battery for our cordless phones that we have throughout our homes. The CEO can play dumb in that article, but RS has been smart enough to change with the times. Where else can you buy a cell phone and a plan and pay the bill in one spot, for several different carries. You can go to wal-mart, target and find items at a chance and next month they don't carry the item or brand any more or pay tribute (mark up) to BB/CC. RS is consistent with there stock and availability of it and will get on the phone and call the next store to see if they have it in-case the one your at is out. And nothing is better than Location Location Location, I have one next to places I go often Ralph's market and the Car wash.
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Uhh, GM....buddy...you are familiar with "The Onion", no?

."
    No, I must have missed that part. Can you 'splain to me?
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Suspended
    There is/was a layoff happening at their corporate HQ in Ft. Worth, but I couldn't find the news story at the local level. I'm pretty sure they said 400 people. And yes, the Dallas Ft. Worth metroplex is loaded with them. I'm guilty of swearing up-n-down that I'd never step foot in a store... well, so it goes.

Mutant from table 9
    Look out! The Onion is causing confusion again. Mr. Zwiebel is laughing in his grave.

Mutant from table 9
    The Onion is a newspaper parody. Here is this week's front page.

http://www.theonion.com/content/

nightflier

Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    There is/was a layoff happening at their corporate HQ in Ft. Worth, but I couldn't find the news story at the local level. I'm pretty sure they said 400 people. And yes, the Dallas Ft. Worth metroplex is loaded with them. I'm guilty of swearing up-n-down that I'd never step foot in a store... well, so it goes.
    No insult against every Texan, but there really isn't much good coming out of that state, lately. Case-in-point: I read somewhere (not in the Onion) that the cheapest gas in the nation is in Crawford Texas, which ironically also has the highest per-capita ownership of Hummers.

Regardless of whether it was written in the Onion, fact is, there is always some truth in what they write...

Suspended
    Insult away Nightflier, I'm a transplant. Yes, in Texas we have/had Enron, and the state's largest electric utility manipulating prices on the spot market all in the name of greed. They got caught, and when the state PUC indicated a hefty fine could be in their future they threatened to shut down some of the older coal fired plants, crippling electricity production. They'd been reporting record profits over the last, I don't know, 5 - 6 quarters, but felt the size of the fine would make it difficult for them to continue to do business in this state. Yeah. Okay. Sounds like open faced blackmail to me. Oh BTW, an environmentaly friendly investment group is in the process of buying TXU out. Just needs state regulatory commision approval. Funny how things turn out sometimes.

[/offa my soapbox now]

Oh I love this part...

Added Day: "I may never know the answer. No matter how many times I punch the sales figures into this crappy Tandy desk calculator, it just doesn't add up."

Just brilliant.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    The Onion is the only news site you need to read. It's just a parody news site, the articles are bogus, but man, it catches a lot of people off guard. It can be pretty funny. Actually, I'm surprised it wasn't already in your bookmarks, it's right up your alley.

My personal favorite was one way back about the RIAA suing radio stations for giving away free music.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    The Onion is the only news site you need to read. It's just a parody news site, the articles are bogus, but man, it catches a lot of people off guard. It can be pretty funny. Actually, I'm surprised it wasn't already in your bookmarks, it's right up your alley.

My personal favorite was one way back about the RIAA suing radio stations for giving away free music.
    Thanks. It is bookmarked now. But I wish you wouldn't talk about what's up my alley. At least not in public.

Thread Information