Suspended

Zu Audio sale!!!

Zu Audio, www.zuaudio.com is going to have a 12 Days of Christmas sale. It has not started yet but check the site often or sign up for newsletter. I couldn't get details but the sale should start possibly as soon as Friday. They told me there may also be some B-stock for sale. The sale will be "package" deals, like buy a set of speakers and get a free amplifier. I asked, "you all make amps?" and I got silence, so I am very curious to see what's up. Could be a great deal for people looking for a system.

I'm planning to try a set of Omen Def. From what I've read in reviews and comments I think they may be worth a try, especially if I can get a great price.

Forum Regular

Wow...your's not wasting any time in your speaker search

Have you heard the Zu products before? I have always gotten a way thumbs up or way thumbs down from people who have auditioned their products. Hope the Zu works out for you and let us all know what the heck they sound like.

Take care,

LeRoy

Well I will be patiently waiting to see how you like them and see if they give you the sound difference you are looking for without having elements you don't like as well. I have read some good things about them and they are quite efficient and seem well built and look cool. My only concern would be if they are going to have all the elements that you like form your Dynaudio's because there for a while you were running Klipsch and when you switched back you realized what you were missing with the Dynaudios.

Marantz SR5008(HT)
    Nu Force P8 Preamp (2 channel)
    Pass Labs X150.5(2 channel)
    Adcom 545 mk2 power amp(rear channel amp)
    Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S Mains Speakers
    Dayton 8" HO custom sealed subwoofer(2 channel)
    Yamaha NS-c444 center channel
    Emotiva ERD-1 surround speakers
    JBL e250p subwoofer highly modified
    Samsung 46" LED TV
    OPPO BDP-83 blue ray/multi format player
    ps-audio NuWave dac (2 channel)
    Dell I660 music server running fidelizer windows 8 audio optimizer
    PS Audio Quintet power center

Ajani
    So the link is on A'gon, though the ZU website hasn't been updated yet:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Zu Audio sale!!!-zu-sale.jpg  

Suspended
    I have not heard the Zu before but with a 60 day trial and no money at risk I don't see any reason not to try them. Comments people have made really have me interested, I have seen a few comments that give me slight reservation though. If I can buy at a sale price that makes it that much better, and tempting.

A couple people said something about a lack of detail. They do require a long break in time which I have to wonder if contributed to the criticisms. Adam heard them as well and didn't seem flattered. On the other hand the majority say things like "they're special", whatever that means, "they have a great presence", "good soundstage/imaging". I figure only one way to find out for sure. If I like them, something will have to go though

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    Zu Audio, www.zuaudio.com is going to have a 12 Days of Christmas sale. It has not started yet but check the site often or sign up for newsletter. I couldn't get details but the sale should start possibly as soon as Friday. They told me there may also be some B-stock for sale. The sale will be "package" deals, like buy a set of speakers and get a free amplifier. I asked, "you all make amps?" and I got silence, so I am very curious to see what's up. Could be a great deal for people looking for a system.

I'm planning to try a set of Omen Def. From what I've read in reviews and comments I think they may be worth a try, especially if I can get a great price.
    The sale info is on the website...

If you purchase an Omen Definition you'll get a free Peachtree Audio Nova (actually you pay $100 for the Nova)!

That's actually a really sweet deal...

http://www.zuaudio.com/holiday/

Suspended
    OMEN DEFINITION AND PEACHTREE NOVA COMBO
    Omen Def $2700
    Peachtree Nova $1199
    Individually $3899
    Package Price $2800
    Savings of $1099

OMEN AND PEACHTREE DECCO2 COMBO
    Omen $1500
    Decco2 $799
    Individually $2299
    Package Price $1500
    Savings of $799

Omen
    OMEN BOOKSHELF AND MISSION CABLE COMBO
    Omen BS $899
    3 Meter LC $399
    2 Meter Pwr $349
    1 Meter IC $299
    Individually $1946
    Package Price $899
    Savings of $1047

Omen Bookshelf
    B-STOCK
    Products are sold as is. These items have cosmetic imperfections only.

Omen $799
    Soul Superfly $1400
    Omen BS $549
    Omen CNTR $350
    Cable 75% off

OMEN DEF, OMEN BOOKSHELF AND MISSION CABLE COMBO
    Omen Def $2700
    Omen BS $899
    Mission LC $399
    Individually $3998
    Package Price $2799
    Savings of $1199

OMEN BS, OMEN CENTER AND PEACHTREE DECCO COMBO
    Omen BS $899
    Omen CNTR $599
    Peachtree Decco2 $799
    Individually $2297
    Package Price $1500

Ajani
    Mr. Peabody, which combo are you going to buy?

Suspended
    I don't need an amp, I will see if I can get a deal on just the speakers. I might get the B-stock center if the same return policy holds.

Do you think the blue or red colors would look alright in a living room? I'm leaning toward the black.

Ajani
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    I don't need an amp, I will see if I can get a deal on just the speakers. I might get the B-stock center if the same return policy holds.

Do you think the blue or red colors would look alright in a living room? I'm leaning toward the black.
    If I do get a pair of Omens, it will be in Sangria Red... The Blue and Red could work in a living room, as long as you are OK with them making a visual statement... If you want them just to blend in with the rest of the furniture, then the Black and Maple would be much safer bets...

Thread Information