Directv Releases New HD Channel Plans

Brighthouse has to come up w/ a plan, or I'm going back to Directv!

http://www.twice.com/article/CA6445880.html

Suspended

Are you listening Verizon?

Verizon FiOS better come up with a competetive plan or I'll be staying with DirecTV. As far as I know Verizon isn't even offering a deal on thier triple-play service!

It kills me how each service says how they are going to bring 2x/3x the amount of HD programing. After reading the article, I only would want about 3-4 of those bring offered. I really don't see the need of having the weather channel/CNN/Cartoon network/Toon Disney to name a few as HD programing. And for me I don't count the number of premium channels since I don't watch them ( Starz). The ScFi will be a big boost along with Speed/A&E/History Channel. But I'm sure many will jump on the band wagon and get the low intro price for 6 mo to a year and get hammered later. Can any one really use the Food network in HD, it already makes me hungry now...lol, but its good to see more channels coming online. It just goes back to what many of us have said in other post, that most programing is already in HD, its just about how much their trying to milk us out of to get it. I just wish the FCC had some back bone and force all broadcast in HD like they said starting in 2006!!!!!!
    HT
    Pioneer Elite SC lx502
    Pioneer Elite N50
    Pioneer Cassette CTM66R
    Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD

Vizio P series 2160p
    Panamax 5300 EX

Is that what they said?

Quote Originally Posted by recoveryone
    I just wish the FCC had some back bone and force all broadcast in HD like they said starting in 2006!!!!!!
    I thought they would mandate all digital transmissions. not necessarially all HD transmissions..

Granted, you can have digital without HD, but it doesn't work the other way.

But, for what it's worth, where I am all seven major network feeds offer a HD counterpart to their analog/standard digital ones. That's seven free HD channels. Too bad not all programming is always HD, though

Many, many strange, new, digital only (non-HD) signals creep in OTA, though.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by markw
    I thought they would mandate all digital transmissions. not necessarially all HD transmissions..

Granted, you can have digital without HD, but it doesn't work the other way.

But, for what it's worth, where I am all seven major network feeds offer a HD counterpart to their analog/standard digital ones. That's seven free HD channels. Too bad not all programming is always HD, though

Many, many strange, new, digital only (non-HD) signals creep in OTA, though.
    Ya know, you and someone else mentioned that digital channels are being sent OTA. I never knew digital broadcasting could be sent that way. I wonder how I find out which ones are in the air over my house.

Here is how you find out what is available in your area.

http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/welcome.aspx

Thread Information