Hashpot

Smile your opinion on refurbished LCD's

I was websurfing and a found a website that sells refurbished lcds and the prices are really astonishing almost too good to be true. What do you guys think about refurbished televisions what are the cons and pros. I saw a lcd not sure what brand something with a v i think vizio a 42" lcd for $700, wow what a deal, the waranty is like 200 but i think its a wise choice because you dont know if the factory completly does the job of restoreing it.BTW the website is called www.TigerDirect.com

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Hashpot
    I was websurfing and a found a website that sells refurbished lcds and the prices are really astonishing almost too good to be true. What do you guys think about refurbished televisions what are the cons and pros. I saw a lcd not sure what brand something with a v i think vizio a 42" lcd for $700, wow what a deal, the waranty is like 200 but i think its a wise choice because you dont know if the factory completly does the job of restoreing it.BTW the website is called www.TigerDirect.com
    I have bought things from tiger, they are no fly-by night.
    And you can save with refurb stuff, a buddy bought a harmon receiver refurb and it still works after several years. But it can be a pig in a poke, also.
    But I recently saw a Sony locally for 899$ for a bravia 37in, and would rather go for something like that
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Romanticist Philosopher

Smile Best Buy Recently had a 42" 1080p LCD for $1079

Quote Originally Posted by Hashpot
    The Westinghouse 42" model was going for just over a grand brand new with 36 month 0% financing, too. I think when it comes to long term purchases like TVs you should try to buy new when the best sales are running. That $700 might sound good but you can do better with some web surfing. Never assume that any deal is so good it can't be beat. Start by checking what major retailers might be offering because you can find great deals at Best Buy and Circuit City at times. I also love Newegg.com and Tigerdirect.com. Newegg is great for reading customer reviews and also offers tremendous value prices. I bought 2 refurbished HD-DVD players from Tigerdirect and they work great but I wouldn't spend more than a couple hundred bucks on a refurbished product especially bought online because the time to solve problems will most certainly be longer than with a retailer that might sell refurbished stuff like a PC Richard store out here on Long Island.

For example, this 42" Hitachi 1080i Plasma is selling for under a grand at Bestbuy this week.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1171057793282

Thread Information