your best HT gift

my wife gave me a Pioneer 563 (i think that's the model) DVD player for Christmas a few years back with some SACD and DVD Audio discs of my faves...wondering as we approach the Holiday season what your best gift was?

Suspended
    All my home theater gifts were given to me... by me. Best gift hands down is my PS3. And after that, all the Jazz greats that contributed to the "Legends of Jazz" BD in glorious Dolby TrueHD playback! .

I always give me the best gifts. Last year I gave me a pair of Mini Stratas in piano rosewood. OK OK, so they improved my 2 channel listening more than the HT. But I still love them best.

Numbers 2 & 3 would have to be the two projectors. Gotta love a big screen. And yes, size does matter. (hard to call these a gift thought. they were part of a deal with the misses that included the sale of my Harley )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails your best HT gift-tv-bedroom-scalled-down.jpg   your best HT gift-tv-living-room-scalled-down.jpg  
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    All my home theater gifts were given to me... by me. Best gift hands down is my PS3. And after that, all the Jazz greats that contributed to the "Legends of Jazz" BD in glorious Dolby TrueHD playback! .
    You're welcome.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Go ahead, say it, go on.........

Didn't hear that one yet Rich. But I do love the two BD concerts that I have so far--Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds at Radio City Music Hall, and that little band from Texas ZZ TOP. Once you see and hear Blu-ray concerts you don't want anything else. Oh, I think LJ may be fishing for a pat on the back for talkin ya into that 15lb baby.

Suspended
    As always, a big thanks to GM, L.J., Kex-o-Matic as well as everyone who's answered my questions, some dumb, some maybe not so dumb during my upgrade process.

Once ya had Blue, ya never go back.

Great...i start a thread hoping many folks will chime in and all we get is some input from guys with 3k - 4k - and 9k posts...

i see this place has dropped since i was here a few years ago. It's not a game to hijack every thread!

Cool

As always, a big thanks to GM, L.J., Kex-o-Matic as well as everyone who's answered my questions, some dumb, some maybe not so dumb during my upgrade process.

Once ya had Blue, ya never go back.
    ANOTHER CONVERT.
    Anyway I have ever received is tied at two.
    (A "gift" to yourself isnt a gift, its a purchase)
    One was honkey chateu, the first lp I ever owned.
    The second was a sound level meter, told ma I wanted one, and was pleasantly surprized when I received one next Christmas.
    first runner up , the first "stereo" I ever got(had a record changer in the top but you always remember your first)
    That piece of crap taught me that a decent pair of speakers will improve anything
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

My 52" Sony LCD TV!
    Pass Labs X250 amp, BAT Vk-51se Preamp,
    Thorens TD-145 TT, Bellari phono preamp, Nagaoka MP-200 Cartridge
    Magnepan QR1.6 speakers
    Luxman DA-06 DAC
    Van Alstine Ultra Plus Hybrid Tube DAC
    Dual Martin Logan Original Dynamo Subs
    Parasound A21 amp
    Vintage Luxman T-110 tuner
    Magnepan MMG's, Grant Fidelity DAC-11, Class D CDA254 amp
    Monitor Audio S1 speakers, PSB B6 speakers
    Vintage Technic's Integrated amp
    Music Hall 25.2 CDP
    Adcom GFR 700 AVR
    Cables- Cardas, Silnote, BJC
    Velodyne CHT 8 sub

Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel_
    Great...i start a thread hoping many folks will chime in and all we get is some input from guys with 3k - 4k - and 9k posts...

i see this place has dropped since i was here a few years ago. It's not a game to hijack every thread!
    This looks like the first off topic post to me.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel_

That's because we haven't had you here to keep threads on the right track.

I don't know what you mean by "this place has dropped" (you might want to be more specific), but there aren't "many folks" here to begin with.

maybe i was too forward with it...i guess i was looking for more folks to move in on this thread.
    Sorry if i was too jumpy....

it's been a while since i was here and i don't have a pulse of these threads. I was here (way back) before this new format was in place and we had some great threads. Guess i date back to 2002.

Thread Information