yammah question

Printable View

• 07-12-2004, 12:30 PM
    pwh03
    yammah question
    what is the difference between the RXV and HTR yamaha receiver lines.

I've been looking to move my system from strictly music to music and home theater. about 60/40 favoring music.

The YPAO feature is big plus for me as I can't set my room as I would like and this would go a long way in getting it callibrated as it should be

so I was wondering if there was a difference between the two lines and how both lines perfom in regaudrs to music and movies

just for a reference point I was looking at something along the lines of the
    Yamaha RX-V2400 or the Yamaha HTR-5790

if you have other suggestions go ahead and list them I'm going out tomorrow to listen to many different receivers but I would like what ever I choose to have a system such as YPAO or MCACC

some other things my sorrounds are 4ohm but I think most systems could get away with handling sorrounds that might be under their ohm load as long as I don;t push them to hard or long. (I don't use them much for music)

besides that it will be a 5.1 setup but I may eventually upgrade to 6.1 ect. but 6.1 is not a big buying point

the receiver will need to run B&W 602's that are matched with an hsu vtf-2 sub. I'm not against buying on audiogon or ebay. I favor audiogon though.

Nothing much else is required that I can think of right now no HDTV any time soon, though I am looking for a dvd/sacd player to go along with the system.

Basically I want good solid sorround and the option for impressive stereo music
    thanks again

PH
  • 07-12-2004, 01:18 PM
    Eric Z
    Check out Yamaha's website. Under the FAQ section, they explain the differences between these lines of receivers. Here's a link for reference.

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/customer/f...vers/faq00.htm

Good luck!

Eric
  • 07-12-2004, 01:43 PM
    pwh03
    thanks I was looking on there site earlier and couldn't find it. I thought it would have to be there somewhere

PH