• 10-29-2008, 12:20 PM
    Woochifer
    Why Wii's and LCDs don't mix
    Ouch!

    My brother-in-law just last Christmas got the family a 46" Samsung LCD TV, and then surprised his four girls by also getting them a Nintendo Wii (and last Christmas, it was a downright heroic act trying to track down a Wii in the first place). All's well in the household, and I even enjoyed a few Wii games at their house when we visited them over the summer.

    Well, fast forward to this week, and things have gone in divergent directions. I finally made the HDTV upgrade, but my brother-in-law now has a gigantic peace symbol-shaped crack in the middle of his TV. Yep, his LCD got tattooed by a flying Wiimote. :mad2:

    http://regmedia.co.uk/2006/12/07/wii_remote_1.jpg

    So far, none of the girls have admitted to doing the damage, and the family's not done paying for the TV! In the meantime, the family crowds around the old TV in the bedroom or they do their HD viewing with a giant spider-web in the middle of the screen.

    It got me to thinking that LCD TVs don't have any kind of protection for the screen, and those layers are quite fragile. Around the office, we've had a couple of LCD panels become unviewable after seemingly minor damage. And from having played Wii games, a Wiimote carries a lot more force.

    Apparently, my brother-in-law's not alone. There's a whole website that documents the damage that Wiimotes have done to people's houses, and TV screens in particular.

    http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/images/p125/post.jpg

    One pattern I've noticed is that most of the damage reports come from RPTV and LCD TV owners. I did not see anything on a plasma or CRT TV, presumably because those TVs' glass screens are somewhat more impact resistant. (In fact, Panasonic claims that their plasmas are "Wiimote-proof")

    While I'd guess that a Wiimote-damaged RPTV screen ain't cheap to fix, the LCD TV is truly hosed because that repair job entails replacing the entire panel.

    With the millions of Wiis out there, and reports of TVs damaged by flying Wiimotes very commonplace, I would've thought that someone would come up with an approach that makes these fragile TV screens a little bit more impact resistant. Then again, TV replacement can be quite lucrative for the industry as well!

    Some examples of Wiimote damaged TVs are shown below ... Ouch!

    http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/images/p223/post.jpg

    http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/images/p144/post.jpg

    http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/images/p127/post.jpg

    http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/images/p52/post.jpg

    http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/images/p51/post.jpg
  • 10-29-2008, 12:33 PM
    L.J.
    PS3 makes use of motion sensing in quite a few games. Some games, like bowling, actually has you doing the entire bowling motion with the controller acting as the ball. My kids are not allowed to play that game...Period. And this is why. Daddy rather hear some complaining about not being able to play the game vs a huge whole in my 60" :nonod:

    Umm...I thought Nin issued a new strap or something like that a long time ago?
  • 10-29-2008, 12:44 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by L.J.
    PS3 makes use of motion sensing in quite a few games. Some games, like bowling, actually has you doing the entire bowling motion with the controller acting as the ball. My kids are not allowed to play that game...Period. And this is why. Daddy rather hear some complaining about not being able to play the game vs a huge whole in my 60" :nonod:

    Umm...I thought Nin issued a new strap or something like that a long time ago?

    Smart dad! :thumbsup: I'll have to take my cues from 'ya when my little girl decides she wants to be a gamer...

    I think Nintendo did redesign the strap, and it actually saved my (or rather my brother in law's) bacon a couple of times when the controller flew out of my hand while playing Wii Tennis. Evidently, one of my nieces decided to drive without her seat belt on.
  • 10-29-2008, 08:27 PM
    filecat13
    The cure is a projector-based system. It's both cheaper and more durable than a flat panel.

    Since the Wii maxes out at 480p, you can get a modestly priced projector, a ceiling mount, and an inexpensive screen. If you're really cheap, paint a screen on the wall.

    Mount the PJ over your heads, mount the Wii sensor under the screen, and wail away. :aureola:
  • 10-29-2008, 11:05 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    A LCD screen sustains this kind of damage and still works
    And you think a plasma would fare better?
    Do you know what would happen if the glass tube of a plasma got
    hit like that?
    Glass everywhere and escaped gas, one of his kids might have even gotten hurt.
    Hes damn lucky he didn't have a friggin plasma!
    If you "havent seen" any photos of damaged plasmas its because you havent looked very hard.
    One of my indian ancestors would have called you "mr talks out of both sides of mouth".:1:
  • 10-29-2008, 11:33 PM
    pixelthis
    Finally, think "wii" and LCD doesnt mix?
    Plasma and wii is a real disaster!

    Heres a real imformative article about the burn in "myth" that will bite you in the butt if you don't pay attention.
    I have more if you want them, teh web is full of these types of stories.:1:

    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6202050AAXbv2E
  • 10-30-2008, 04:14 AM
    kexodusc
    Testify, brutha!
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by filecat13
    The cure is a projector-based system. It's both cheaper and more durable than a flat panel.

    Since the Wii maxes out at 480p, you can get a modestly priced projector, a ceiling mount, and an inexpensive screen. If you're really cheap, paint a screen on the wall.

    Mount the PJ over your heads, mount the Wii sensor under the screen, and wail away. :aureola:

    Yeaaahhh Boyyyyyyyy! (in my best Flava Flav impression)...
    I built my 102" screen out of 2 x 4 and bullet proof laminate! Ain't no wiimote go'a crack mah screen....

    But I suspect a lot of people don't have a rec room, or big enough living room to accomodate a projector. Most of my friends/family live in condos in larger cities and a projector just wouldn't work in a married man's living room.

    This is a funny thread - until it happens to you.
  • 10-30-2008, 04:51 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by filecat13
    The cure is a projector-based system. It's both cheaper and more durable than a flat panel.

    Since the Wii maxes out at 480p, you can get a modestly priced projector, a ceiling mount, and an inexpensive screen. If you're really cheap, paint a screen on the wall.

    Mount the PJ over your heads, mount the Wii sensor under the screen, and wail away. :aureola:

    480p? That's it? Not hard to understand why damage occurs when playing with a Wii (that didn't sound right), especially when you have to stand so close to it to see a picture. Count that as another reason why I'm glad I purchased a PS3 with glorious 1080p resolution! :yesnod:
  • 10-30-2008, 08:01 AM
    johnny p
    My wife saw an ad for the Wii "fit" with some yoga program or something, in one of her magazines..... now she wants a wii...... Our son is turned 1 today, so his time for video games is still quite a ways down the road at this point. I guess our television would be safe ...... but my wife is pretty clumsy.... so no tennis for her!
  • 10-30-2008, 08:22 AM
    topspeed
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by johnny
    My wife saw an ad for the Wii "fit" with some yoga program or something, in one of her magazines..... now she wants a wii

    My wife saw that too. She waited in line at 6:00am at Target to get one and has used it 3 times. That was 6 months ago. I should put it by the eliptical machine she had to have 2 Christmas' ago :rolleyes:

    The key is an anti-glare screen. I know Mits used them on their DLP's and LG had some as well. The screens are removeable, so that must mean they are replaceable, right? Think of it as a rudimentary force field. :lol:

    My parents recently bought a Wii and it came with grippy rubber sleeves for the wiimotes. There are also have a number of aftermarket grips/sleeves, which is what we bought the same day we got our Wii last year. With two young boys, there was no way I was taking any chances. Combined with the strap, you'd have to really be flailing away to launch the wiimote.

    BTW, welcome to the new millenium, Wooch. What did you finally buy?
  • 10-30-2008, 08:28 AM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    A LCD screen sustains this kind of damage and still works
    And you think a plasma would fare better?
    Do you know what would happen if the glass tube of a plasma got
    hit like that?
    Glass everywhere and escaped gas, one of his kids might have even gotten hurt.
    Hes damn lucky he didn't have a friggin plasma!
    If you "havent seen" any photos of damaged plasmas its because you havent looked very hard.
    One of my indian ancestors would have called you "mr talks out of both sides of mouth".:1:

    "still works" :lol: Yuh, if you consider pixelated streaks and blank blocks "still working"!

    As usual, you ignored the information in my post just to break out the tired old debunked lines about "escaped gas." You believe all this crap, yet you continue to claim that loss of motion resolution on LCD TVs is a myth, even when presented with benchmark tests that confirm their poor performance?! :out:

    Panasonic's plasmas can withstand the equivalent of 4 joules, which is more than the typical impact from a flying Wiimote. Oh, and they've also been doing that demo next to a LCD screen subjected to just 1 joule. Both sets are "still working" but the plasma still maintains a viewable picture, unlike the LCD which has visible black spots cropping up just from a relatively minor impact.

    http://www.v3.cnet.com.au/story_medi...c_plasma_1.jpg

    http://www.cnet.com.au/games/wii/0,2...9285990,00.htm
  • 10-30-2008, 08:30 AM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Finally, think "wii" and LCD doesnt mix?
    Plasma and wii is a real disaster!

    :out:
  • 10-30-2008, 08:53 AM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by topspeed
    My wife saw that too. She waited in line at 6:00am at Target to get one and has used it 3 times. That was 6 months ago. I should put it by the eliptical machine she had to have 2 Christmas' ago :rolleyes:

    The key is an anti-glare screen. I know Mits used them on their DLP's and LG had some as well. The screens are removeable, so that must mean they are replaceable, right? Think of it as a rudimentary force field. :lol:

    My parents recently bought a Wii and it came with grippy rubber sleeves for the wiimotes. There are also have a number of aftermarket grips/sleeves, which is what we bought the same day we got our Wii last year. With two young boys, there was no way I was taking any chances. Combined with the strap, you'd have to really be flailing away to launch the wiimote.

    BTW, welcome to the new millenium, Wooch. What did you finally buy?

    Hey Speedy, good to see you dropping in.

    Yeah, I finally pulled the trigger on a Panny 50" 1080p plasma. (Got a standalone thread going) Ever since the Pioneer Elites slipped out of my budget range, I've been on a price watch on the Pannys. Once Costco posted the $300 markoff on their October circular, that was the time to buy.

    My brother-in-law's Wii has the new straps and they kept ME from launching the controller into his TV when I was playing Wii Tennis. The Wii in their house is in constant use, and they had no mishaps for close to 10 months. But, it looks like one of his girls played without buckling up first.

    It doesn't take much to damage a RPTV or LCD screen. But with the RPTV, you're right, the screen is replaceable, whereas with the LCD, you have to either live with the streaks and blank spots or replace the whole panel. I'm sure that someone can launch a Wiimote hard enough to break a plasma/CRT screen, but that takes a lot more force than what's required to render a LCD screen unwatchable.
  • 10-30-2008, 08:57 AM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Yeaaahhh Boyyyyyyyy! (in my best Flava Flav impression)...
    I built my 102" screen out of 2 x 4 and bullet proof laminate! Ain't no wiimote go'a crack mah screen....

    But I suspect a lot of people don't have a rec room, or big enough living room to accomodate a projector. Most of my friends/family live in condos in larger cities and a projector just wouldn't work in a married man's living room.

    This is a funny thread - until it happens to you.

    Yeah, I can tell you that my brother-in-law was not laughing when he flicked on his TV and was greeted by a giant spider-web pattern in the middle of the screen!
  • 10-30-2008, 10:16 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Yeaaahhh Boyyyyyyyy! (in my best Flava Flav impression)...
    I built my 102" screen out of 2 x 4 and bullet proof laminate! Ain't no wiimote go'a crack mah screen....

    But I suspect a lot of people don't have a rec room, or big enough living room to accomodate a projector. Most of my friends/family live in condos in larger cities and a projector just wouldn't work in a married man's living room.

    This is a funny thread - until it happens to you.

    Ditto. You'd have to throw your arm out before you could damage my screens.
  • 10-30-2008, 11:11 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    There needs to be a "Wii rider" on homeowner's insurance policies to cover these types of mishaps if the players don't learn after the first one. :yesnod:
  • 10-30-2008, 03:09 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    There needs to be a "Wii rider" on homeowner's insurance policies to cover these types of mishaps if the players don't learn after the first one. :yesnod:

    I'm not even sure that homeowner's insurance covers the first one. :skep:
  • 10-30-2008, 03:42 PM
    L.J.
    Hmm....Maybe that wii strap can double as a belt :nono:

    That'll stop the controllers from flying all through the house :hand:
    Quote:

    So far, none of the girls have admitted to doing the damage
    That's priceless. Dad, what hole are you talking about? I don't see anything.
  • 10-30-2008, 04:06 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by L.J.
    Hmm....Maybe that wii strap can double as a belt :nono:

    That'll stop the controllers from flying all through the house :hand:


    That's priceless. Dad, what hole are you talking about? I don't see anything.

    :lol:

    Well, they're admitting that there's a hole, just not where it came from! My brother-in-law apparently lined the four girls up and asked who did it -- nobody said anything, but one of them kept looking down - ouch! Regardless of who did it, one of them's now got three sisters in position to blackmail her for the next decade or so! :eek:
  • 10-30-2008, 04:12 PM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Woochifer
    I'm not even sure that homeowner's insurance covers the first one. :skep:

    There isn't as far as I know, and I'm not recalling at the moment my reasoning behind that. Give me a day, or two, or a week or so and maybe it'll come to me.:frown2:
  • 10-30-2008, 04:37 PM
    L.J.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Woochifer
    :lol:

    Well, they're admitting that there's a hole, just not where it came from! My brother-in-law apparently lined the four girls up and asked who did it -- nobody said anything, but one of them kept looking down - ouch! Regardless of who did it, one of them's now got three sisters in position to blackmail her for the next decade or so! :eek:

    FOUR girls......ouch. That's got trouble written all over it :rolleyes5:
  • 10-30-2008, 05:30 PM
    filecat13
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by L.J.
    FOUR girls......ouch. That's got trouble written all over it :rolleyes5:

    Heh, yeah! In a few years a cracked screen will seem like the good old days. :ihih:
  • 10-31-2008, 04:02 AM
    Worf101
    Wow....
    I really, really, REALLY HATE this thread. If I came home and found my 52" Sammy broken from some idiotic turd tossing incident... I figure it's "Murder She Wrote" and I ain't kiddin. I really dislike the way this thread it heading. Urrgh.

    Da Worfster
  • 10-31-2008, 04:52 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Worf101
    I really, really, REALLY HATE this thread. If I came home and found my 52" Sammy broken from some idiotic turd tossing incident... I figure it's "Murder She Wrote" and I ain't kiddin. I really dislike the way this thread it heading. Urrgh.

    Da Worfster

    :yikes:
    OH SH!T!!! Back away everybody. It could get ugly here.

    (Color ME gone)
  • 10-31-2008, 06:11 AM
    Worf101
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    :yikes:
    OH SH!T!!! Back away everybody. It could get ugly here.

    (Color ME gone)

    I'm gonna have a talk with that boy when I get home... A good... Long Talk.....

    Da Worfter
  • 10-31-2008, 01:38 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Worf101
    I really, really, REALLY HATE this thread. If I came home and found my 52" Sammy broken from some idiotic turd tossing incident... I figure it's "Murder She Wrote" and I ain't kiddin. I really dislike the way this thread it heading. Urrgh.

    Da Worfster

    Just when we thought you were getting a bit sentimental on us with your recent posts, the old Worfster roars back from his hibernation. Ain't no messin' around when it comes to the new gear, eh? :cool:

    I would've thought of this story as an amusing bit of train wreck voyeurism, but I don't have too many degrees of separation with my brother-in-law and nieces! He wasn't too happy about it, but the suspected perp is only 5 years old, so there's only so much you can do with her. Sad part is that he's not yet done paying that TV off, so they're just living with that big spider hole in the middle in the meantime.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by L.J.
    FOUR girls......ouch. That's got trouble written all over it

    And four of their cousins (all boys) live in the same neighborhood. You can only imagine the chaotic tsunami that forms when they all get together for playtime in the afternoons! :crazy:

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by filecat13
    Heh, yeah! In a few years a cracked screen will seem like the good old days.

    The oldest one just turned 10 ... it's the beginning of the end ... :17:
  • 11-02-2008, 09:08 PM
    emesbee
    I think I must be missing something here. When I started reading this thread I thought it was talking about a burn-in problem caused by a games console on an LCD screen (but I thought LCD didn't suffer from burn-in).

    It seems, though, that what is being talked about is mechanical damage to the screen caused by the remote control. Do you mean to say that somebody actually threw it at the screen? Is that normal behaviour for people who use games consoles, or just 'wee' owners?

    Like I say, I must be missing something.
  • 11-03-2008, 12:46 AM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by emesbee
    I think I must be missing something here. When I started reading this thread I thought it was talking about a burn-in problem caused by a games console on an LCD screen (but I thought LCD didn't suffer from burn-in).

    It seems, though, that what is being talked about is mechanical damage to the screen caused by the remote control. Do you mean to say that somebody actually threw it at the screen? Is that normal behaviour for people who use games consoles, or just 'wee' owners?

    Like I say, I must be missing something.


    Dont mention "burn in".
    Like a lot of plasma fanboys on this site they dont wanna hear about
    it, their total denial of reality is in full gear.
    The capacity of humans to not face up to reality never ceases to amaze me. You have to run a new plasma set at half settings for the first 200 HOURS, and put up with jiggle from"anti burn in" circuits
    forever after.
    But thats not what they are talking about, they are talking about the Wii
    GAME, which if you dont have a firm enough grasp of the remote will
    send it flying.
    OF course if you damage a LCD screen it will still work until you fix it,
    wheareas a Plasma will pretty much be toast.
    Not that you have to worry about "Wii" damage to a plasma, burn in is such an issue that any use of ANY video game, with its static images,
    with a plasma would be insane.
    Although buying a plasma is itself an act of insanity....:1:
  • 11-03-2008, 06:22 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by emesbee
    I think I must be missing something here. When I started reading this thread I thought it was talking about a burn-in problem caused by a games console on an LCD screen (but I thought LCD didn't suffer from burn-in).

    It seems, though, that what is being talked about is mechanical damage to the screen caused by the remote control. Do you mean to say that somebody actually threw it at the screen? Is that normal behaviour for people who use games consoles, or just 'wee' owners?

    Like I say, I must be missing something.

    I don't know whether or not you're kidding, but yeah, Wii gamers tend to be the type that have anger management issues. :lol:
  • 11-03-2008, 09:21 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Dont mention "burn in".
    Like a lot of plasma fanboys on this site they dont wanna hear about
    it, their total denial of reality is in full gear.
    The capacity of humans to not face up to reality never ceases to amaze me. You have to run a new plasma set at half settings for the first 200 HOURS, and put up with jiggle from"anti burn in" circuits
    forever after.
    But thats not what they are talking about, they are talking about the Wii
    GAME, which if you dont have a firm enough grasp of the remote will
    send it flying.
    OF course if you damage a LCD screen it will still work until you fix it,
    wheareas a Plasma will pretty much be toast.
    Not that you have to worry about "Wii" damage to a plasma, burn in is such an issue that any use of ANY video game, with its static images,
    with a plasma would be insane.
    Although buying a plasma is itself an act of insanity....:1:

    How ironic!
  • 11-03-2008, 10:50 AM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by emesbee
    I think I must be missing something here. When I started reading this thread I thought it was talking about a burn-in problem caused by a games console on an LCD screen (but I thought LCD didn't suffer from burn-in).

    LCDs don't, and burn-in's not much of an issue with more recent plasma TVs either.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by emesbee
    It seems, though, that what is being talked about is mechanical damage to the screen caused by the remote control. Do you mean to say that somebody actually threw it at the screen? Is that normal behaviour for people who use games consoles, or just 'wee' owners?

    Like I say, I must be missing something.

    The Wii uses a unique motion sensing controller. When playing the tennis or bowling games for example, you use the controller to simulate swinging a tennis racket or tossing a bowling ball. As you could imagine, the controllers will go flying if you don't hold onto them tightly enough or use the safety strap.

    As I've seen over the years (and as demonstrated in Panasonic's live demonstrations), LCD TVs are quite vulnerable to permanent damage from low force impacts. A flying Wiimote can conceivably damage a plasma screen as well, but it takes a lot more force to break a plasma panel (especially one of the newer screens that use an impact resistant anti-glare coating) than it does to render a LCD screen unwatchable.
  • 11-03-2008, 10:50 AM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by GMichael
    How ironic!

    Hall of Fame response ... greenie for you! :cool:
  • 11-03-2008, 11:59 AM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Dont mention "burn in".
    Like a lot of plasma fanboys on this site they dont wanna hear about
    it, their total denial of reality is in full gear.

    A decade late as usual. :lol:

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    The capacity of humans to not face up to reality never ceases to amaze me.

    See GM's response

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    You have to run a new plasma set at half settings for the first 200 HOURS, and put up with jiggle from"anti burn in" circuits
    forever after.

    Which plasma manufacturer or professional installer recommends this procedure nowadays? :skep:

    Even the paranoid professional installers over at AVS Forum say that all you need to do for the first 100 hours is run the TV in full screen mode, and that break-in procedure is done primarily to ensure an accurate color calibration. The rest of it is simply reducing the contrast for the first 100 hours. At that point, the TV's ready for calibration.

    As far as the "jiggle" goes, you're late to the party as always. Panasonic's newer plasmas don't even have an image shifting mode because it's not needed. The color shifting on newer plasmas is done at the pixel level on static images -- not visible at all during normal viewing. And the newer phosphors are far less susceptible to burn-in to begin with. If screen burn-in was such an issue, why don't I see the ESPN logo permanently emblazoned into all 15 of the plasma screens at my favorite sports bar? :17:

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    OF course if you damage a LCD screen it will still work until you fix it,

    Still Work = Unwatchable

    Fix = Replace

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    wheareas a Plasma will pretty much be toast.

    Toast, meaning undamaged by the same 1 joule impact that would render a LCD screen unwatchable? You have quite the wayward way with words, in that bizarro up equals down sort of way ... :lol:

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by pixelthis
    Although buying a plasma is itself an act of insanity....:1:

    Actually, your posts are a daily act of insanity ... :cool:
  • 11-03-2008, 12:29 PM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Woochifer
    If screen burn-in was such an issue, why don't I see the ESPN logo permanently emblazoned into all 15 of the plasma screens at my favorite sports bar? :17:

    You're allowed to go to sports bars? Jeez... even the women in Cali are bleeding heart liberals aren't they? :D
  • 11-03-2008, 12:56 PM
    GMichael
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    You're allowed to go to sports bars? Jeez... even the women in Cali are bleeding heart liberals aren't they? :D

    See what you've been missing out on?
  • 11-03-2008, 01:09 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    You're allowed to go to sports bars? Jeez... even the women in Cali are bleeding heart liberals aren't they? :D

    Only if I take the baby with me! (She loves watching TV, but 15 screens all at once? It's nappy time!)

    And my wife's not from these parts! :D
  • 11-03-2008, 01:23 PM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by GMichael
    See what you've been missing out on?

    I couldn't afford to live out there. Only rich people like Wooch & nightflier can.

    Good idea on taking Kaylee (sorry, I forgot how her name is spelled) to the loud sports bars. It'll toughen up her eardrums. :thumbsup:
  • 11-03-2008, 01:34 PM
    L.J.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    You're allowed to go to sports bars? Jeez... even the women in Cali are bleeding heart liberals aren't they? :D

    Here we go again :lol:
  • 11-03-2008, 01:50 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    I couldn't afford to live out there. Only rich people like Wooch & nightflier can.

    Good idea on taking Kaylee (sorry, I forgot how her name is spelled) to the loud sports bars. It'll toughen up her eardrums. :thumbsup:

    Yuh, so rich that I waited on a Costco coupon special before upgrading to HDTV! :8:

    Talk to Terrence about how to afford life out here -- he's the one with the Pioneer Elite plasma and two kids in private colleges! :D I'm just breaking in a Panny TV and getting mentally prepped to send my daughter off for a 20+ year adventure in Cali public education (that's presuming that she'll get her doctorate -- after all, she's already the most brilliant 17-month old ever born!)

    Fortunately, I've only taken Kayley to sports bars during the early pre-season games. No way, I'd subject her to something like the NCAA tournament or a rivalry game! Whaddo I look like, a bad parent or somethin'? :cool:
  • 11-03-2008, 02:03 PM
    GMichael
    17 months?!
    WTF!
    It seems like just last month you were telling us you were prego.