• 11-03-2008, 02:35 PM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Umm... GM, don't you remember the 1st birthday party we had for her? (I suspect Old-Timers disease is setting in bub.)
  • 11-03-2008, 02:44 PM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Yuh, so rich that I waited on a Costco coupon special before upgrading to HDTV! :8:

Good point. See how pixie's influence is rubbing off on us? :biggrin5:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooch
    Talk to Terrence about how to afford life out here -- he's the one with the Pioneer Elite plasma and two kids in private colleges! :D I'm just breaking in a Panny TV and getting mentally prepped to send my daughter off for a 20+ year adventure in Cali public education (that's presuming that she'll get her doctorate -- after all, she's already the most brilliant 17-month old ever born!)

Sir T. works for Sony so...

And wait'll Kayley turns 24 mos. She'll be telling YOU what to do.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooch
    Fortunately, I've only taken Kayley to sports bars during the early pre-season games. No way, I'd subject her to something like the NCAA tournament or a rivalry game! Whaddo I look like, a bad parent or somethin'? :cool:

Well, if they're smoke-free bars then no, you're not a bad parent. :thumbsup:
  • 11-03-2008, 02:59 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich-n-Texas
    Good point. See how pixie's influence is rubbing off on us? :biggrin5:

Although I would add that my saving grace is that I actually looked at the picture before buying! :ciappa:

Quote:

Sir T. works for Sony so...

REALLY??? :15:

Quote:

And wait'll Kayley turns 24 mos. She'll be telling YOU what to do.

She already does, y'know with that two-note temper tantrum vocabulary. Add a few indecipherable words, and she'll pass pix ... :cool:

Quote:

Well, if they're smoke-free bars then no, you're not a bad parent. :thumbsup:

You should know that one of the upsides of living in a People's Republic is smoke-free bars and restaurants! :cool:
  • 11-03-2008, 03:13 PM
    Rich-n-Texas
    I live in The Republic of Texas!
    (Yeah, they really DO believe that down here!)
  • 11-03-2008, 04:23 PM
    Well if you secede from the Union...
    Quote:

I live in The Republic of Texas!
    (Yeah, they really DO believe that down here!)

...after Obama wins this thing tomorrow, we won''t mind too much. You can have McCain as your president/king/premier, whatever. Heck you can even commit him and have hot-legged Palin as your queen. Shucks, we'll even thrown in that swath from Kentucky to Louisiana on West to Arizona in there too, just to be nice. Enjoy!

The advantage to us here at AR, of course, is that we'll be expanding our international exposure to hi-fi. You can officially be our South-of-the-border 'cultural' exchange.
  • 11-03-2008, 06:25 PM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Hey, I'm only here for the money. Don't get me mixed up with the real hillbillies.
  • 11-03-2008, 11:26 PM
    pixelthis
    Quote:

You're allowed to go to sports bars? Jeez... even the women in Cali are bleeding heart liberals aren't they? :D

To him a "sports bar" is a chuckee -cheese.
    BTW Rich I JUST WANT TO OFFER MY CONDOLENCES
    on Texas losing the No 1 spot, a really really terrible thing and,
    and...
    oh the heck with it

rolltide
  • 11-03-2008, 11:28 PM
    pixelthis
    THE ALABAMA CRIMSOM TIDE

THE NUMBER ONE TEAM IN THE NATION!!!
  • 11-03-2008, 11:30 PM
    pixelthis
    and plasma is dead...btw :1:
  • 11-04-2008, 05:52 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Enjoy your brief time in the spotlight pix. The Horn's will be right back on top in NO time. The Tide backed it's way into #1 and will back right back out before you know it. :yesnod:
  • 11-04-2008, 06:03 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Umm... GM, don't you remember the 1st birthday party we had for her? (I suspect Old-Timers disease is setting in bub.)

Maybe I've got selective memory to add to my CRS.
  • 11-04-2008, 07:19 AM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pixelthis
    To him a "sports bar" is a chuckee -cheese.

Never been to a Chucky Cheese (I presume though that you speak from experience as a former employee), and I doubt that my favorite sports bar (pictured below) bears any resemblance.

http://www.oldpropa.com/thepro_side.jpg

Quote:

and plasma is dead...btw

Must be the top of the hour, I hear a cuckoo repeating himself :Yawn:
  • 11-04-2008, 07:40 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    I see hot wings on plates. How are they?
  • 11-04-2008, 09:02 AM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

I see hot wings on plates. How are they?

Pretty good, but I'm more partial to their ahi tuna appetizer and garlic fries (yes, this is California) :cool:
  • 11-05-2008, 01:13 AM
    pixelthis
    Quote:

Pretty good, but I'm more partial to their ahi tuna appetizer and garlic fries (yes, this is California) :cool:

Wussy food.
    Nice pic you lifted from someplace.:1:
  • 11-05-2008, 01:16 AM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Enjoy your brief time in the spotlight pix. The Horn's will be right back on top in NO time. The Tide backed it's way into #1 and will back right back out before you know it. :yesnod:

The tide being numero uno is the natural state of affairs.
    HERES the "place" for your upstart longhorns for the rest of the season.:1:
  • 11-05-2008, 01:30 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

Wussy food.
    Nice pic you lifted from someplace.:1:

Someplace = The Old Pro in Palo Alto

pix food = moonshine and BBQ'd squirrels :dita:
  • 11-06-2008, 12:15 AM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Someplace = The Old Pro in Palo Alto

pix food = moonshine and BBQ'd squirrels :dita:

YEAH, I wanted to raise my standards by coming to your
    wine and cheese party but I couldnt find a brand of ripple that went
    with Velveta.
    Besides, get enough "wining" from you on this board:1:
  • 11-06-2008, 05:28 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    I remember when my Mom used to make grilled cheese sandwiches with velvetta cheese when I was a youngster. I loved 'em!
  • 11-06-2008, 10:38 AM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

YEAH, I wanted to raise my standards by coming to your
    wine and cheese party but I couldnt find a brand of ripple that went
    with Velveta.
    Besides, get enough "wining" from you on this board:1:

:groan: Please stick to the inane rambling rants. Accidental/unintentional humor is more your strong suit :cool:
  • 11-06-2008, 10:40 AM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

I remember when my Mom used to make grilled cheese sandwiches with velvetta cheese when I was a youngster. I loved 'em!

I think pix actually views Velveeta as a step up :cool:
  • 11-07-2008, 12:18 AM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

:groan: Please stick to the inane rambling rants. Accidental/unintentional humor is more your strong suit :cool:

Oh no , you are teh undisputed king of that

EVERY time you open your mouth you say something simply
    hilarious.
    BUT the biggest joke is gonna be on you a few years down the road
    when the family unit cant understand why they cant watch their favorite show, and you have to explain that the shiny new "plasma tv"
    has turned into a giant door stop.
    OR you invite everyone over to watch the big game, and they have to watch it overlayed with your latest videogame, or mayby the crawl from fox news.
    What you govt wonks dont understand is that you can prattle all you want, reality is STILL gonna bite you in the butt:1:
  • 11-07-2008, 06:50 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

hilarious.
    when the family unit cant understand why they cant watch their favorite show, and you have to explain that the shiny new "plasma tv"
    OR you invite everyone over to watch the big game, and they have to watch it overlayed with your latest videogame, or mayby the crawl from fox news.
    What you govt wonks dont understand is that you can prattle all you want, reality is STILL gonna bite you in the butt:1:

You're still living in the past. Reality from 1998 is not the same as the reality here in 2008. You do know that it's 2008 right? Plasma burn-in has gone bye bye. Plasma half life is up to 100,000 hours now. At 4 hours a day, every day, that is still over 68 years. No offense Wooch, but I don't think you'll be around as long as your plasma will. If you are, you'll be drinking your blended food through a straw.:yikes:

Maybe you'll upgrade sometime before that.
  • 11-07-2008, 08:48 AM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

hilarious.

Heh, pixie make it funny again! :cool: More proof positive that accidental humor is your area of expertise. Try not to let reality creep into your rantings, it would be sad to deprive the board of your unintentional comedy by you actually posting something sane and truthful! :out:
  • 11-07-2008, 09:11 AM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GMichael
    You're still living in the past. Reality from 1998 is not the same as the reality here in 2008. You do know that it's 2008 right? Plasma burn-in has gone bye bye. Plasma half life is up to 100,000 hours now. At 4 hours a day, every day, that is still over 68 years.

Not to mention that plasma reliability is now on par with LCD. Oh, but that's more of that intrusive 2008 reality thing. :shocked:

Quote:

No offense Wooch, but I don't think you'll be around as long as your plasma will. If you are, you'll be drinking your blended food through a straw.:yikes:

Blended food is an acquired taste :ciappa:

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMIchael

Upgrade? I haven't even done the first color calibration on my set yet! :cool:
  • 11-07-2008, 09:18 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Not to mention that plasma reliability is now on par with LCD. Oh, but that's more of that intrusive 2008 reality thing. :shocked:

Blended food is an acquired taste :ciappa:

Upgrade? I haven't even done the first color calibration on my set yet! :cool:

Fracking 2008! At least it will be gone soon.

I could do without that taste.

You've got 68 years to save up for that next upgrade. I'm sure you'll have this one calibrated by then.
  • 11-07-2008, 10:57 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Don't knock blended food. It makes life MUCH easier!
  • 11-10-2008, 05:17 PM
    Oh this is just too easy...
    Quote:

Don't knock blended food. It makes life MUCH easier!

Hey Billy Bob, I mean Tex, Is that because of the teeth?

:p
  • 11-10-2008, 11:57 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

You're still living in the past. Reality from 1998 is not the same as the reality here in 2008. You do know that it's 2008 right? Plasma burn-in has gone bye bye. Plasma half life is up to 100,000 hours now. At 4 hours a day, every day, that is still over 68 years. No offense Wooch, but I don't think you'll be around as long as your plasma will. If you are, you'll be drinking your blended food through a straw.:yikes:

BULLHOCKY

You will live to eat those words.
    Really, 100,000 hours? 68 years? AND you've been around awhile,
    but plasma I know hasnt been around 68 years, so how do you KNOW?
    Reminds me of what MARK TWAIN said, that there are "lies, damn lies, and statistics"
    I have seen CRT tubes taken apart, SET tubes also, and beleive
    me, when it comes to something as complicated as a plasma tube,
    well, I have a bridge in Jersey I would like to sell you cheap.
    WE dont have the tech to build a plasma tube that will last that long,
    we could travel to Mars easier.
    The phospers alone arent going to last that long.
    Some people will beleive ANYTHING
  • 11-11-2008, 06:17 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

BULLHOCKY

You will live to eat those words.
    Really, 100,000 hours? 68 years? AND you've been around awhile,
    but plasma I know hasnt been around 68 years, so how do you KNOW?
    Reminds me of what MARK TWAIN said, that there are "lies, damn lies, and statistics"
    I have seen CRT tubes taken apart, SET tubes also, and beleive
    me, when it comes to something as complicated as a plasma tube,
    well, I have a bridge in Jersey I would like to sell you cheap.
    WE dont have the tech to build a plasma tube that will last that long,
    we could travel to Mars easier.
    The phospers alone arent going to last that long.
    Some people will beleive ANYTHING

Maybe you should do a little actual research before you spout off such nonsense. It makes you look like.. well... Pixy.
  • 11-12-2008, 10:48 AM
    Not to ruin the fun and get this thread back on the original topic or anything, but wouldn't it solve a lot of problems to just put a sheet of glass in front of the LCD screen? Shouldn't be too expensive (a lot less than replacing or repairing that TV, anyhow). Actually, some manufacturers, like Sony and Olevia have a glass plate as part of the screen already, no? I would think that repairing a crack in one of these would be less expensive that the actual LCD panel.
  • 11-12-2008, 11:49 AM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nightflier
    Not to ruin the fun and get this thread back on the original topic or anything, but wouldn't it solve a lot of problems to just put a sheet of glass in front of the LCD screen? Shouldn't be too expensive (a lot less than replacing or repairing that TV, anyhow). Actually, some manufacturers, like Sony and Olevia have a glass plate as part of the screen already, no? I would think that repairing a crack in one of these would be less expensive that the actual LCD panel.

Samsung's latest top-of-the-line LCD TVs have gone to a glossy look, and glossy screens were already all the rage with computer monitors. Not sure if these glossy screens use a more fortified layer over the LCD panel, but I know that Apple's glossy screens on the iMacs (not sure about the Macbooks) use a glass layer.

As far as retrofitting existing LCD TVs, I have seen people posting pictures of various Wiishields that look like something taken out of a hockey arena (just a standalone plexiglas panel that stands in front of the TV). Not sure if these are actual products on the market or if it's a homemade project or just a joke, but obviously somebody put thought and effort into this issue already.
  • 11-12-2008, 12:21 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

Maybe you should do a little actual research before you spout off such nonsense. It makes you look like.. well... Pixy.

Research?! But, that would entail actually writing something NEW! :cool:
  • 11-13-2008, 05:32 AM
    Worf101
    Wow...
    You know in some sort of perverse way I find it amazing how Pix can change any post on almost ANY subject into a single minded rant about the shortcomings of Plasma vs. Godzilla, Gidorah, LCD take your pick...

As Spock would say.... "fascinating".

Da Worfster
  • 11-13-2008, 06:27 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by nightflier

Would probably work, but may add some glare.
  • 11-13-2008, 06:32 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Research?! But, that would entail actually writing something NEW! :cool:

I'm betting that he already knows that a lot of what he says is not that accurate. He's just having fun. And it gives us someone to pick on.
  • 11-13-2008, 06:34 AM
    Rich-n-Texas
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Worf101
    You know in some sort of perverse way I find it amazing how Pix can change any post on almost ANY subject into a single minded rant about the shortcomings of Plasma vs. Godzilla, Gidorah, LCD take your pick...

Da Worfster

Welcome to the Wide World of Pixelthis! :crazy:
  • 11-13-2008, 06:34 AM
    GMichael
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Worf101

Da Worfster

Fun isn't he.
  • 11-13-2008, 11:19 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Fun isn't he.

The "fun" is going to be in a few years when all of these nice new plasmas start dropping dead.
    You do know that everything I say(as opposed to wooch, who is just making stuff up) is based on what I have read and hard experience,
    don't ya?
    DENIAL aint just a river in Egypt, to use an old saying.:1:
  • 11-14-2008, 04:38 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

The "fun" is going to be in a few years when all of these nice new plasmas start dropping dead.
    You do know that everything I say(as opposed to wooch, who is just making stuff up) is based on what I have read and hard experience,
    don't ya?
    DENIAL aint just a river in Egypt, to use an old saying.:1:

:out: