Forum Regular

whats wrong with my tv?

Hi,
    My lcd tv stopped displaying audio+video ... it turns on (the status light turns on) but no audio or video displays ... Any idea as to what may be wrong?

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mohakky
    Hi,
    My lcd tv stopped displaying audio+video ... it turns on (the status light turns on) but no audio or video displays ... Any idea as to what may be wrong?
    My own experience is that solving these problems is mostly process of elimination. Go back and check all the fundamentals to determine what is not the culprit. Check all cable connections. If all those are set check what input you have the unit set for. So often it's something simple on the remote or the connections that we just assume can't be the problem. The fact that it powers on is a good sign.

Good luck.

Is the screen on or just the idiot light?
    If the usefull sugesstions from above dont pan out then its something in either the power
    supply or switching circuits, because thats all audio AND video have in common.
    I had an akai that I returned because it had this disturbing habit of just going off, the chinese have had power supply problems in the past.
    If all else fails unplug the sucker and walk away for a few hours, sometimes the system just needs a reboot (its just a big computer you know...)
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Thread Information