View Poll Results: Is your System Calibrated with an SPL Meter?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Non Calibrated System

6 18.18%
  • SPL Calibrated System with AVIA or other disc

14 42.42%
  • SPL Calibrated System via test tone

12 36.36%
  • Would You Recommend Calibration

16 48.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by vivisimonvi
    I've never seen Identity myself though I might rent it this weekend. I use this handle on various forums and other places for years without change (seems everyone insists on refering me as Vivi instead of Simon). My system sounds fine to me of course only your opinion matters above all when it boils down to it.

For actual testing, I did use my receiver's internal test tone, calibrated by ear, then used the meter and the results weren't far off at all (from my listening position). Although I don't have an Avia disc, I was thinking of trying the THX Optimizer you find on some DVD's (like Finding Nemo, thanks to the other poster, I couldn't remember which DVD I had that actually has that).

I find this little device quite amusing, as I could never really guess how loud something is in terms of decibels (I've seen charts of course). One thing I do notice is that my place of work is a really loud place... I now (and sadly) realize my potential loss of hearing won't come from my sound system.
    Avoid the THX Optimizer for surround level matching. The test tones used on those discs are inconsistent at best, and flat out wrong in the worst cases. If you can't afford the Avia disc, look for the S&V Home Theater Setup DVD. Borders sells it for $15.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexmark3200
    No, but you are quite wrong, Mr. JSE.....THIS IS about me and Vivi because YOU called him an idiot in so many other words; he admitted to being this "idiot" because he did not calibrate HIS system according to YOUR wishes (imagine that----YOU playing God...THAT is funny and laughable, completely). So I have every right to tell him to enjoy his system according to HIS liking; last time I checked, we did declare a right of independence and free speech. Ever see The Patriot? I wonder if you are smart enough to know what century that film even took place in.
    Nice to know that you sorta understand the First Amendment, but keep in mind that your freedom of speech has limits here because the right to free speech only means that you won't have the cops busting down your door for saying what you say. If the moderators decide to ban you or anybody else, they have every right to do so.

Other personalities? I know of only one. Unless you can prove to MY FACE man to man otherwise, you are on COMPLETE SPECULATION, my friend. Now how much creedence does that lend? I only wish it was you instead of that bartender who got that beating in the Sopranos, because thats exactly what I would have done to you if I were in Gandolfini's shoes and you were....well.....the great JSE!
    Geez, no need to get defensive over something that we all know already! Like it or not, your toughguy posturing is just playing into what JSE said about people hiding behind their computer screens when they post on these forums.

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by JSE
    Complete speculation? I do remember proving once before that Lexmark3200 and TLADINY are one in the same. Don't you remember? Do you really want me to prove it again? Because you know, you would then be exposed to everyone again. And I can prove it! Are you sure you don't want to own up to it now?

As far as your implied physical threats go, I can tell you this. WHATEVA! LOL!

JSE
    Blah...........blah blah blah blah blah blah.....boy, these compu-geeks really have nothing better to do than "disprove" people on a web board! Blah blah blah blah.....

And when did I threaten? All I said was, if you would read was, I WISH it were you in the scene where he gets his ass handed to him because people like you deserve exactly that. I never threatened.

Blah blah blah.....

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    Nice to know that you sorta understand the First Amendment, but keep in mind that your freedom of speech has limits here because the right to free speech only means that you won't have the cops busting down your door for saying what you say. If the moderators decide to ban you or anybody else, they have every right to do so.

Geez, no need to get defensive over something that we all know already! Like it or not, your toughguy posturing is just playing into what JSE said about people hiding behind their computer screens when they post on these forums.
    I understand the moderators have the right to ban people, and believe me, Wooch, I have been involved on web boards where I have witnessed people taking the internet site supplier to court over reasons for dishonest banning after they paid to be on the site; Im talking non-free sites, of course.

I am not tough-guy posturing at all here; I simply said that I feel he deserved to have the same thing happen to him that happened to the character, thats all. How is that being a tough guy? I for one have challened him face to face and man to man to let out anything he wants to get out about me ---- and be able to take it back in return, mind you. How EXACTLY is this hiding behind a screen in terms of what I am saying? How is that hiding? I will give him the address of where he can meet me.

JSE
    Blah...........blah blah blah blah blah blah.....boy, these compu-geeks really have nothing better to do than "disprove" people on a web board! Blah blah blah blah.....
    Yep, your right. So here it is.

Just in case some of you don’t know what kind of “LIAR” we are dealing with here in LEXMARK/TLADINY and just in case some of you still don’t believe Lexmark and TLADINY are one in the same, I would like to direct you to a post I presented a while back proving that TLADINY/LEXMARK are the same person.

I would say this is about 99.99% proof they are the same. I am sure Lexmark will cling to the .01%.

Here’s the link and my previous post if you want to look at the entire thread. I have updated the links for your convenience. Look toward the bottom of the thread at the reply titled “ Proof Lexmark3200 is TLADINY”.

Link to reply below, old links don’t work. Look below for new links.

http://archive.audioreview.com/07/0EF9DA91.php

************************************************** *********************************

Here is my actual previous post within the link above.

“I am ashamed that I have stooped to this level, but what the hell.

Please excuse my lack of proper links to the posts.

Over in the Digital Domain forum, a suspicious new poster by the name of Lexmark3200, hmmmm, has a post dated 8/6/03 titled "Problem w/ Recording Vinyl to CD-R". In his post he refers to a previous older post where he asked a similar question with no response. So, I did a little checking and I found an older post from 2/25/03,

http://archive.audioreview.com/04/0EF9DCC9.php

where the exact same question referring to the exact same equipment was being asked, by someone named "To Live and Die in NY" or TLADINY as we commonly know him.

http://archive.audioreview.com/02/0EF97CC2.php

TLADINY you are Busted! So quit playing dumb in this forum as well as the speaker forum and admit who you are. I can't wait to see you explain this one, you sneaky little bastard.

JSE”

************************************************** *********************************

So, there you have it, proof they are one in the same. This guy is a liar and does not deserve any help what-so-ever until he can come clean.

TLADINY/Lexmark3200/John Beresford, since you never responded to the post mentioned above, how do you explain all this?

I await your answer.

JSE

Just in case some of you don’t know what kind of “LIAR” we are dealing with here in LEXMARK/TLADINY and just in case some of you still don’t believe Lexmark and TLADINY are one in the same, I would like to direct you to a post I presented a while back proving that TLADINY/LEXMARK are the same person.

I would say this is about 99.99% proof they are the same. I am sure Lexmark will cling to the .01%.

Here’s the link and my previous post if you want to look at the entire thread. I have updated the links for your convenience. Look toward the bottom of the thread at the reply titled “ Proof Lexmark3200 is TLADINY”.

Over in the Digital Domain forum, a suspicious new poster by the name of Lexmark3200, hmmmm, has a post dated 8/6/03 titled "Problem w/ Recording Vinyl to CD-R". In his post he refers to a previous older post where he asked a similar question with no response. So, I did a little checking and I found an older post from 2/25/03,

where the exact same question referring to the exact same equipment was being asked, by someone named "To Live and Die in NY" or TLADINY as we commonly know him.

TLADINY you are Busted! So quit playing dumb in this forum as well as the speaker forum and admit who you are. I can't wait to see you explain this one, you sneaky little bastard.

JSE”

So, there you have it, proof they are one in the same. This guy is a liar and does not deserve any help what-so-ever until he can come clean.

TLADINY/Lexmark3200/John Beresford, since you never responded to the post mentioned above, how do you explain all this?

I await your answer.

JSE

Well, looks like you've done everything short of demanding that the lad respect your authori-tie ... good detective work (although at times it seems like proving that the sky is blue or that water is wet)!

Resident DVD Reviewer

JSE”

I await your answer.

JSE
    YOU, good sir, are the ONLY bastard on this site....well, that is not REALLY accurate....I can think of a few more.

As I supected, a compu-geek with nothing better to do....pretty sad, JSE, pretty sad.

And YOU admitted to it.....now THAT IS GOOD.

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Well, looks like you've done everything short of demanding that the lad respect your authori-tie ... good detective work (although at times it seems like proving that the sky is blue or that water is wet)!
    You are right, Wooch....good detective work from a pussy sitting behind his computer terminal....you are sooooo right!

LOL.

JSE
    Hey Wooch,

Your right, it is like proving the sky is blue. No real point in it. But...... sometimes certain people need to be reminded that they are not fooling anyone. TLADINY is one of those people. Simple as that. In the end, this is just childish behavior on my part and TLADINY's so maybe I should just be done with him.

JSE

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    This thread cracks me up. I mean how many times can one be busted for the same offense. Hehehehehehehe, the repetitive nature of just about every post that tladiny/Lexmark is damn funny to me. He asks a question(one he has repeated before using a different name) and he is swamped with negative comments. This is like watching reruns.

JSE, you just calm down now you hear! You are going to bust a gut dealing with what'shisnamethisweek. We know who he is(he is completely transparent) so don't waste your time with him.

Woooooooch, were in the heck are you man?? The T-man would like to buy you a beer, but I keep getting left with an empty mug. Make it happen soldier!!!!
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible
    This thread cracks me up. I mean how many times can one be busted for the same offense. Hehehehehehehe, the repetitive nature of just about every post that tladiny/Lexmark is damn funny to me. He asks a question(one he has repeated before using a different name) and he is swamped with negative comments. This is like watching reruns.

JSE, you just calm down now you hear! You are going to bust a gut dealing with what'shisnamethisweek. We know who he is(he is completely transparent) so don't waste your time with him.

Woooooooch, were in the heck are you man?? The T-man would like to buy you a beer, but I keep getting left with an empty mug. Make it happen soldier!!!!
    Glad that we can provide you with midday entertainment!

Definitely gots to hook up, but I keep getting called out of town (and going on vacation as well!). If you can hijack the Bud truck tomorrow or Friday, I should be able to accommodate. I'll let you know one way or another.

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Hey Wooch,

Your right, it is like proving the sky is blue. No real point in it. But...... sometimes certain people need to be reminded that they are not fooling anyone. TLADINY is one of those people. Simple as that. In the end, this is just childish behavior on my part and TLADINY's so maybe I should just be done with him.

JSE
    On WHO"s part? WHO is not fooling anyone? All I did was tell Vivi that he should indeed listen to his ears and not be....ahhhhhhhem....intimidated by anyone calling someone an idiot from the comfort and security of home. In the end, it is yada, yada, yada, yaaaaawn from you.

I dont know who you THINK I am, but all this namecalling from behind a computer terminal is indeed childish; no need to be done with me, Lexmark, because I have been done with you, Mr. JSE.

Resident DVD Reviewer

Do you HONESTLY think the nonsense you spew over a computer terminal from the comforts of home bothers me? It is me, dear Terrence, who finds YOU funny, how you bully just about everyone on this site into tears but cant do it to me....does that really get to you, Terry? Huh? Just a little? Like intimidating people, especially in the Digital Domain threads, eh?

You are right....this IS funny....

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Do you HONESTLY think the nonsense you spew over a computer terminal from the comforts of home bothers me? It is me, dear Terrence, who finds YOU funny, how you bully just about everyone on this site into tears but cant do it to me....does that really get to you, Terry? Huh? Just a little? Like intimidating people, especially in the Digital Domain threads, eh?

You are right....this IS funny....
    Hehehehehehehe. Man am I a mean beast!!! Terrible.....just Terrible beating up on all those defenseless people in the Digital Domain forum. I must be worse in the Home theater forum.

Now what is really horrible is the way I have been treating to live and die in new york/lexmark/John pickleman/who will it be next. I have bullied his innocent of all things butt night and day. Just for that I am going to punish myself. I won't have that scoop of rocky road ice cream tonight. Hehehehehehehe..........
    Last edited by Sir Terrence the Terrible; 05-13-2004 at 07:31 AM.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

Resident DVD Reviewer
    Hehehehehehehe. Man am I a mean beast!!! Terrible.....just Terrible beating up on all those defenseless people in the Digital Domain forum. I must be worse in the Home theater forum.

Now what is really horrible is the way I have been treating to live and die in new york/lexmark/John pickleman/who will it be next. I have bullied his innocent of all things butt night and day. Just for that I am going to punish myself. I won't have that scoop of rocky road ice cream tonight. Hehehehehehehe..........
    Do you like Rocky Road? Oh man....let me tell you....the BEST ice cream (I am an ice cream junkie!) is Friendly's chocolate chip....do you have Friendly's restaurants in your area of the country? They have the BEST ice cream, Im telling you! And their Rocky Road is great, too...after my last cholesterol test, I should be cutting down on this crap, but Im addicted!

JSE
    “YOU, good sir, are the ONLY bastard on this site....well, that is not REALLY accurate....I can think of a few more.

As I supected, a compu-geek with nothing better to do....pretty sad, JSE, pretty sad.

And YOU admitted to it.....now THAT IS GOOD.”

And

“You are right, Wooch....good detective work from a pussy sitting behind his computer terminal....you are sooooo right!

LOL.”

And

“On WHO"s part? WHO is not fooling anyone? All I did was tell Vivi that he should indeed listen to his ears and not be....ahhhhhhhem....intimidated by anyone calling someone an idiot from the comfort and security of home. In the end, it is yada, yada, yada, yaaaaawn from you.

I dont know who you THINK I am, but all this namecalling from behind a computer terminal is indeed childish; no need to be done with me, Lexmark, because I have been done with you, Mr. JSE.”

TLADINY, and I can call you that.

BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!!

“I dont know who you THINK I am……..”

I’m not really sure. You have used 3 different screen names. How can anyone know who you really are?

One thing, that is a fact that neither you nor anyone else can dispute. You are a proven LIAR! So why don’t you use the screen name LIAR. It’s the only one that would truly fit you.

Have a nice day!

JSEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee!

Resident DVD Reviewer
    “YOU, good sir, are the ONLY bastard on this site....well, that is not REALLY accurate....I can think of a few more.

And YOU admitted to it.....now THAT IS GOOD.”

And

“You are right, Wooch....good detective work from a pussy sitting behind his computer terminal....you are sooooo right!

LOL.”

And

“On WHO"s part? WHO is not fooling anyone? All I did was tell Vivi that he should indeed listen to his ears and not be....ahhhhhhhem....intimidated by anyone calling someone an idiot from the comfort and security of home. In the end, it is yada, yada, yada, yaaaaawn from you.

I dont know who you THINK I am, but all this namecalling from behind a computer terminal is indeed childish; no need to be done with me, Lexmark, because I have been done with you, Mr. JSE.”

TLADINY, and I can call you that.

BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHaHaHaHaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!!!!!

“I dont know who you THINK I am……..”

I’m not really sure. You have used 3 different screen names. How can anyone know who you really are?

One thing, that is a fact that neither you nor anyone else can dispute. You are a proven LIAR! So why don’t you use the screen name LIAR. It’s the only one that would truly fit you.

Have a nice day!

JSEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee!
    Well, you are sure doing a great job of trying to dispute something that simply doesnt exist....but as you say (which contadicts your own findings on its own merits), NO ONE else can dispute it....I am already having a great day and you made it even more entertaining, Jesse Boy!

JSE
    Well, you are sure doing a great job of trying to dispute something that simply doesnt exist....but as you say (which contadicts your own findings on its own merits), NO ONE else can dispute it....I am already having a great day and you made it even more entertaining, Jesse Boy!

BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahah!

Stop it! It hurts.

BaaaaaaaaaaaaaHahahahahahahahahahahah!

JSE

Resident DVD Reviewer
    BaaaaaaaaaaaaaaHahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahah!

Stop it! It hurts.

BaaaaaaaaaaaaaHahahahahahahahahahahah!

JSE
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Boy.....anyone have a pacifier for this baby? *WINK*

Livvvvvvvvvvvve it up!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information