• 07-23-2011, 09:17 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    WHEN IT COMES TO CD playback, videodisc players make great doorstops
    Started a bit of a firestorm in another thread by stating a basic
    truth, that if said anywhere else would hardly get a rise.
    BUT this is AUDIOREVIEW, and so it goes.
    FUNNY thing is BFALLS, who called me everything from a racist
    whoi couldn't tell ASIANS apart (and what has that to do
    with anything) to a hater of aspirin(forget about it, everybody's
    taking stronger pain killers these days).
    He should get banned , but of course he won't . I WOULD
    have him banned for being a coward more than anything,
    claiming he did not say what he did. BUT I digress.
    YEAH, there are exceptions to every rule, but even when the effort is made to have a videodisc do decent CD playback the results are
    never more than casual listening adequate .
    And anybody who claims otherwise is not paying attention.
    EVEN when I bought my first laser in the eighties, I kept my 400
    dollar Yamaha, about a 1200 dollar item today.
    Didn't quite like the way the Pioneer sounded. But when my gear got stolen, my replacement player, a 690$ SONY, was all I
    could afford. DIDN'T care for the CD playback, but for casual listening it was OK, and HT was my thing then.
    THEN I bought a cheap 87 dollar Akai five disc changer for a party,
    and the sound was a revelation. THIS el cheapo sounded quite a bit better than my expensive SONY LASER.
    DVD players were about the same when they came out a few years later, ALWAYS sounded like crap with CD, which was
    always added as an afterthought.
    And then along came SACD and DVDA, and these players sounded quite good, especially SACD, some of which were not even videodisc players at all. MY FIVE DISC SONY DVD
    player played SACD quite well, but CD? STILL STANK.
    Basically your run of the mill videodisc player will not handle CD
    playback well, and a cheap CD player will never sound as good as
    an expensive CD player, that's why people buy expensive CD players. My DVDA player is as much a CD player as a DVDA
    player, which is why I BOUGHT IT, figuring that even if DVDA failed it would still do great duty as a CD player(which it does).
    MOST of the players HT types buy, for awhile, tended to be higher
    line, and CD playback was quite good, but now, with the advent
    of BLU we are back to videodisc players that stink as far as CD goes. IN a huge price war a lot is not going to be spent on CD playback, its as simple as that. Exceptions? Sure, but rare.
    BASICALLY, if you care about decent sound, you need some kind of dedicated CD player to sit besides your videodisc player,
    DVD or BLU. Even videodisc players that try for decent CD
    playback are rarely outstanding. Which is fine, I would rather
    that attention is paid to video playback on a videodisk
    player. DUH, that is why I BOUGHT IT, and if I want decent CD playback...I WILL BUY A CD PLAYER.
    You don't buy a washing machine to dry clothes.:1:
  • 07-23-2011, 09:47 PM
    Woochifer
    More flamebaiting and nonsensical ranting, and you want us to believe that you're the victim and that someone else should be banned? :19:

This backhanded attack on bfalls is sleazy even by your standards. Anyone reading the thread that you're referencing can plainly see what he actually wrote, which rightfully calls you out for making yet another easily discredited generalization. The fact that you're starting a new thread just to hurl more personal attacks and repeat the same rants all over again means that he must have touched a nerve -- all too easy to do given that your skin's a helluva lot thinner than you say it is. :1:
  • 07-24-2011, 05:02 AM
    bobsticks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Woochifer View Post
    ... which rightfully calls you out for making yet another easily discredited generalization.

A generalization that plainly ignores units from Classe, Krell, and McIntosh...as well as the lengthy histories of Marantz and Denon for making capable Universal models.
  • 07-24-2011, 07:55 AM
    SlumpBuster
    You're all wrong. Vinyl. That is all. Nothing more to say here.
  • 07-24-2011, 07:58 AM
    Sir Terrence the Terrible
    Every time this fool posts, it 4 parts lie mixed with a half a part of truth. CD playback in DVD players an afterthought? DVD players could play CD's from day one.

Pix, there is no way you can discredit Bfalls. Not when you sound like a person who has taken far to many Vicodin pills, and can barely type on a keyboard.

This is some weak shyte here...
  • 07-24-2011, 08:00 AM
    markw
    Is that what he's ranting about?
    I just gave up after a few lines of that nonsense.

But, I gotta say, I've got a Denon 1940ci universal (sans blu-ray) player that plays any shiny 5 1/4" disc I can find and it sounds quite nice, thank you.
  • 07-24-2011, 08:17 PM
    pixelthis
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Woochifer View Post
    More flamebaiting and nonsensical ranting, and you want us to believe that you're the victim and that someone else should be banned? :19:

This backhanded attack on bfalls is sleazy even by your standards. Anyone reading the thread that you're referencing can plainly see what he actually wrote, which rightfully calls you out for making yet another easily discredited generalization. The fact that you're starting a new thread just to hurl more personal attacks and repeat the same rants all over again means that he must have touched a nerve -- all too easy to do given that your skin's a helluva lot thinner than you say it is. :1:

I AM THE ONE being called a "racist" and how typical of you to
    try to turn it around and persecute the victim, yet another reason not to respond to your vicious bile laced posts.
    DOESN'T matter what I SAID, there is no excuse to call me names , especially out of the blue, what does being "racist"
    have to do with the capabilities of videodisc players anyway?
    JUST another slur and character assassination, and no wonder you're backing him up, being a practicinor of such tactics your own self.
    FOR the record, not that I HAVE TO EXPLAIN myself, but I AM
    A member of the new south, not the old one, and am tired of the bigotry practiced by nose in the air yankees against people in this part of the country, never mind their own prejudices and hypocrisies. YOU DEFENDED the jackass who called me a NAZI
    also, and are still on the wrong side of course, as long as someone gets insulted you are okay with it I GUESS.
    At least you are trying to live down to that sewer you call a personality, the coward BFALLS started to backtrack as
    soon as it was clear I WAS CALLING him on his nonsense,
    which is what calling someone racist because of their opinion
    of videodisc players is, not to mention out of context and absolutely rediculous. OF COURSE HE WONT GET the vacation
    he so richly deserves, you can do what you want on this site as long as you are not ME.
    Doesnt change the fact that a videodisc player is lousy for playing music, as a general rule.
    AND UNTIL I GET AN APOLOGY from bfalls he is dead to me,
    all I CAN DO, you do not call someone a racist and impinge
    upon their aspirin choosing abilities just because you don't like
    their opinion on videodisc players. HE OVERREACTED, and
    no surprise you are siding with him, always on the wrong side of
    everything.:1:
  • 07-24-2011, 08:25 PM
    pixelthis
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Terrence the Terrible View Post
    Every time this fool posts, it 4 parts lie mixed with a half a part of truth. CD playback in DVD players an afterthought? DVD players could play CD's from day one.

Pix, there is no way you can discredit Bfalls. Not when you sound like a person who has taken far to many Vicodin pills, and can barely type on a keyboard.

This is some weak shyte here...

DVD players could play CD from day one, and sounded
    pretty bad, all of the circuitry part of the sound chip. PLAYING
    music was and is not a good idea. YOU CAN DO IT, you can take a caddy through a south american jungle but its not a good idea either.
    NOT JUST AUDIOPHILES but anybody who loves music needs a
    dedicated CD player for CD, all I am saying, from my personal experience.
    AND I am not blaming the makers of videodisc players, either,
    they know that CD playback is just marketing, and music lovers
    will use a dedicated player for CD, which is more than some on this site have figured out.:1:
  • 07-24-2011, 09:53 PM
    Woochifer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    I AM THE ONE being called a "racist" and how typical of you to
    try to turn it around and persecute the victim, yet another reason not to respond to your vicious bile laced posts.
    DOESN'T matter what I SAID, there is no excuse to call me names , especially out of the blue, what does being "racist"
    have to do with the capabilities of videodisc players anyway?
    JUST another slur and character assassination, and no wonder you're backing him up, being a practicinor of such tactics your own self.
    FOR the record, not that I HAVE TO EXPLAIN myself, but I AM
    A member of the new south, not the old one, and am tired of the bigotry practiced by nose in the air yankees against people in this part of the country, never mind their own prejudices and hypocrisies. YOU DEFENDED the jackass who called me a NAZI
    also, and are still on the wrong side of course, as long as someone gets insulted you are okay with it I GUESS.
    At least you are trying to live down to that sewer you call a personality, the coward BFALLS started to backtrack as
    soon as it was clear I WAS CALLING him on his nonsense,
    which is what calling someone racist because of their opinion
    of videodisc players is, not to mention out of context and absolutely rediculous. OF COURSE HE WONT GET the vacation
    he so richly deserves, you can do what you want on this site as long as you are not ME.
    Doesnt change the fact that a videodisc player is lousy for playing music, as a general rule.
    their opinion on videodisc players. HE OVERREACTED, and
    no surprise you are siding with him, always on the wrong side of
    everything.:1:

Oh cry us a river -- you're the victim, yet you're the one spreading the lies and starting up the personal attack threads. Like I said, this topic is nothing more than flamebaiting from you -- an attack thread disguised as a legitimate topic.

All this faux outrage that you're conjuring up is what's ridiculous. Either your reading comprehension is really that bad, or you're purposely misrepresenting what bfalls actually wrote. He specifically said that he wasn't calling you a racist, yet you keep repeating the lie that he did -- just more of your usual low ball tactics when you can't win an argument.

Anyone who wants to find out for themselves can simply look up the original thread to see whether or not bfalls actually called you a racist. I guess you're counting on everybody else on this board to be just as lazy and loose with facts as you obviously are.

Whatever your reasoning, this thread is nothing more than the usual personal attacks and ad hominem rants from you. It's a tired act, but fortunately everyone else has wised up to it. Yet, I would love nothing more than your increasingly unhinged out-of-control blasts to escalate -- judging from the mood of the mods, we're getting oh-so-close to a well-deserved break from your worn out BS. C'mon, you can do it, you're oh so close to going over the top! We're pulling for you! :lol:
  • 07-25-2011, 12:44 AM
    elapsed
    I leave for 2 years and the first posts I see are still in-fighting with pixelthis. What a waste of time arguing back and forth, all of these posts have almost nothing to do with audio once you get deep into a thread. Nothing intelligent to be said on either side here, just place him on ignore and move along

cheers,
    elapsed
  • 07-25-2011, 05:55 AM
    bfalls
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pixelthis View Post
    their opinion on videodisc players. :1:

Very cool. Hey, anyone else want in on this? If I'd known it would be so easy.... It's a little difficult to be racist when my wife and I are in a bi-racial marriage. Obviously another point you missed. I also work for Sony, so draw your own conclusions there as well.

I have no idea what race you are, (or care) but pretty sure Captain Montgomery Scott would be ashamed you went 110% on the Warp drives trying unsuccessfully to get your point across. You shame your avatar. He probably knows more about Engineering as an actor than you've ever known.

As suggested, quote me and see who supports your claims. You didn't mention anything about my comment "It never rains in California". I guess it's a little more difficult to twist to your arguments.

You're Outta Gas, Zippy! My Bad, I meant Pixie. I always get you and the pinhead confused. Try another target. You're not even close to hitting the mark here. Not even a good effort. I'd give it a 2 out of 10. That's being generous.
  • 07-25-2011, 06:06 AM
    bobsticks
    Alright characters...let's reign it in here...as is so typical, there's nothing to see here...keep it moving...
  • 07-25-2011, 06:19 AM
    bfalls
    No problem. I've nothing to prove, or disprove. Pixie, in the future eat a little cheese with your whine, so it doesn't go straight to his head. Tagging out.
  • 07-25-2011, 07:24 AM
    Hyfi
    Are we sure Pixel and Spanky are not the same person? They both seem to cry out loud when their wittle feewings get hurt.
  • 07-25-2011, 09:10 AM
    TheHills44060
    Pix man it's not that serious. Nobody thinks you are a racist. You know as well as I do that 99.98% of the dudes in here are decent people...don't turn into Ajani and whimper till someone gets banned. Nobody likes a crybaby and you are better than that.
  • 07-25-2011, 10:23 AM
    bobsticks
    We're done here.