Thread: PIP set-up help

AR Newbie Registered Member

PIP set-up help

I have just recently purchased a Samsung DLP tv and have HD cable(Component cables currently, HDMI cable on the way) running to the TV. I am looking to figure how to set up the picture in picture. Reading the stinking manual is getting me no where and this is my first attempt at posting in a forum, Much thanx!

Having neither the TV nor the manual, I'll take a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by crushem8
    I have just recently purchased a Samsung DLP tv and have HD cable(Component cables currently, HDMI cable on the way) running to the TV. I am looking to figure how to set up the picture in picture. Reading the stinking manual is getting me no where and this is my first attempt at posting in a forum, Much thanx!
    All PIP TVs require two sources (or tuners). One for the big picture and another for the smaller picture. Most TV's have one tuner built in, but for most cable /satellite setups it's useless. You generally ignore the built in tuner and have to use an exrernal input for it. Odds are this is what you are doing for your cable now, correct? That takes care of one picture.

Now, you need to get a picture to that little screen, right? Is this where you are now?

If so, then all you need do is get hold of another source (or tuner) for the PIP input.
    Last edited by markw; 10-30-2005 at 02:49 PM.

Thread Information