Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I put the Gee in Gear.... thekid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snodog
    What kind of tv do you have currently? I bought one about two years ago that only has 480i, 480p and 1080i and was wanting a new dlp with 720p but I am forcing myself to wait until the 1080P is available as a standard. I do think in this field waiting is excruiciating but very much worth it in the end.
    My TV is a Sony KV-34HS240 and is 480p/720p/1080i. I know it is not state of the art but the old tube technology is tried and true and I had a Sony Trinitron that lasted 20 years till I gave it away to charity. You are right about having patience in this area. I think alot of times it just comes down to personal preferences and what features you treasure most. Honestly for me I see the prices on some of the "new" technology and then look at the overall picture and just don't see where all the money goes. Then again I don't mind eating frozen pizza so may be I don't have the most discerning tastes.....

I think my next upgrade is to a DVD w/HDMI. Anyone out there who has a similar TV to mine have any experience if the the jump to HDMI is worth while?
    Last edited by thekid; 11-06-2005 at 08:23 AM. Reason: spelling

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by snodog
    What kind of tv do you have currently? I bought one about two years ago that only has 480i, 480p and 1080i and was wanting a new dlp with 720p but I am forcing myself to wait until the 1080P is available as a standard. I do think in this field waiting is excruiciating but very much worth it in the end.
    I'm not sure if this is addressed to me. The second HDTV I have that I got for around $700 including delivery/installation from Circuit City was a Samsung 30" widescreen TXP 3064 for my bedroom which has an excellent picture but pales in comparison to my rear projection Mitsubuishi 48" widescreen HDTV in my living room. I'm hoping to eventually get anything from a 32" to 37" HDTV to replace the Samsung which I can get around $400 I sell, and so far the only ones I've seen with better pictures are the LCD ones, The good thing is I'm not desperate in a hurry so I can wait things out. I also check Craig's List daily.
    Last edited by EdwardGein; 11-06-2005 at 12:40 PM.

Forum Regular
    Yes Ed, that was directed to you. I also have a mitsubishi crt rear that I really like. When I first bought it I remember it popped now and then but after a month it completely quit doing that and everything has worked fine on it. Yes the crt sets are tried and for the most part are reliable which to me is worth having one. Movies look awesome on it and HD channels are better. Seriously, I like to look ahead before I buy something and ask myself if its worth waiting for the next step up. For instance the 1080p wont be too long before they are standard on sets and beyond that all the rest will follow. By that I mean the channels in hd, the new hd movies which will be a few months, and 360xbox and ps3. Just my opinion though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information