Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What's on your wish list?

So I'm sure almost everyone has something they plan on upgrading, improving, replacing, buying, building, stealing.........uh you get the point.

So what's on your wishlist?

Immediate or distant future. Big screen, amp, speakers, sub, HD player, PS3 ..........what's on your list?

Denon 2910
    Perhaps B&W 602s, put the 601s in the rear
    Quality DAC on used market
    … oh and more money

50 inch 1080p tv, either rptv or lcd.
    Toshiba HD-A1...Christmas present
    TV: LG 50PC3D plasma tv
    Receiver: Yamaha RX-V659
    DVD: Philips DVP5960
    Speakers: front/Paradigm Monitor 3 v.4, surround/Paradigm Atoms v.4, center/Paradigm CC290 v.5, sub/Paradigm PDR-12
    Remote: Harmony 659

Man, talk about deja vu! I think I've been listing the same upgrades for the last three years, with nothing happening thereafter! Anyway, here's my list in the approximate order that they will occur ...

more room treatments (looking at corner absorption and bass traps, and possibly thicker rigid fiberboards)
    Salamander Synergy 30 rack with flat panel mount
    HDTV (at this point, I would go with a Pioneer Elite plasma because of its picture quality and ISF calibration modes, but the market is changing so quickly who knows what the actual purchase will be by the time I get around to it)
    HD satellite receiver/DVR
    HDMI-enabled DVD universal player
    Wireless media server

And down the road ...
    Blu-ray/HD-DVD player (provided the new formats survive) and/or PS3
    HDMI 1.3-enabled receiver/processor w/ DD Plus and DTS-HD decoding
    Amplification upgrade
    Speaker upgrade

Over the last three years, I've only made one major change to my system (adding the SACD changer), and these upgrades probably won't happen soon. Other home improvement projects like kitchen and lighting upgrades, and rebuilding portions of the patio have taken priority in the meantime. Other projects still on our list include rebuilding a retaining wall, new exterior stucco, central air conditioning (the furnace and ducts were upgraded a few years ago, so we've been ready for AC but the recent heat wave bumped this up to a higher priority), and concrete work in the front and back yards. And we're looking to get a new car within the next year as well. Once all that's done, then I can begin work on Home Theater 2.0!
    Wooch's Home Theater 2.0 (Pics)
    Panasonic VIERA TH-C50FD18 50" 1080p
    Paradigm Reference Studio 40, CC, and 20 v.2
    Adire Audio Rava (EQ: Behringer Feedback Destroyer DSP1124)
    Yamaha RX-A1030
    Dual CS5000 (Ortofon OM30 Super)
    Sony UBP-X800
    Sony Playstation 3 (MediaLink OS X Server)
    Sony ES SCD-C2000ES
    JVC HR-S3912U
    Directv HR44 and WVB
    Logitech Harmony 700
    iPhone 5s/iPad 3
    Linksys WES610

The Neverending DVD/BD Collection

Subwoofer Setup and Parametric EQ Results *Dead Link*

Color me gone... Resident Loser's Avatar

A pony!...

...NFT

jimHJJ(...nothing is what I want...a true Zen saying...)
    Hello, I'm a misanthrope...don't ask me why, just take a good look around.

"Men would rather believe than know" -Sociobiology: The New Synthesis by Edward O. Wilson

"The great masses of the people...will more easily fall victims to a great lie than to a small one" -Adolph Hitler

"We are never deceived, we deceive ourselves" -Goethe

If you repeat a lie often enough, some will believe it to be the truth...

Omg

L.J. I have so many plans that may never come true that I just want to .... Grrrr....

Oh well, here's what there is on my hopefull list. I'll start with wanting to put up those two Z4's I bought a while back. Come on house!
    I did just buy 2 pair of JBL E20's for the bedroom to match the E10's I already have. I wanted to go with KEF Q1's but the budget is still unclear and almost anything would be better than the cheapo yammie speakers that came with my HTIB.
    I wanted to get some accoustic treatments for our living room. But everyone seems to think that the ones I picked out would be worthless and the ones that will help are far more than my system cost me so.... Pillows on the wall maybe. This was RL's idea.
    I've wanted for some time to upgrade my main speakers with Magnapan 1.6's and a few MMGW/C's. But that would mean that I'd need amps. I like the Parasounds. Still not in the budget.
    While I'm wishing, I'd like a new sub. The SVS 16-46 PC–Plus seems like it would do a good job for what I want. Still, not in the budget.
    I am seeing a trend here. Either I need to want less or make more.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Magnepan HT User
    Well, I just got two components on my wish list. An Oppo Digital DV970HD universal DVD player to take advantage of my Mitsubishi HDTV's resolution and a MSB Link DAC III with upsampling option which increased the audio performance of my Oppo and Sony megachanger.

Guess what......I'm very happy where I am now. It has taken about 15yrs to be able to say that......so I'll enjoy it for now.

BUTTTTTT......(isn't their always a but?), much futher down the road will be a 1920x1080p (60hz) projector and HD-DVD (when HDMI 1.3 is finalized).

Robert
    Projector: JVC DLA-SX21U (LCOS 1.5m Pixel)
    Lens: Panamorph PSO-SX21
    Screen: 133" 16:9
    AVR: Denon (Flagship) 5800
    LRC-Mains: Definitive Technology (Flagship) BP3000-TL
    Surrounds: Atlantic Technology (Flush-Mount) System 20eSR
    LFE-Subwoofer: Sunfire True Subwoofer
    HD Satellite / DVR: VIP DVR622 Receiver (30+ Hrs of HD)
    HD VCR: JVC SR-VD400US Pro D-VHS (True 1080i transmission via Component)

Dedicated Home Theater Specs & Pics

Quote Originally Posted by robert393
    Guess what......I'm very happy where I am now. It has taken about 15yrs to be able to say that......so I'll enjoy it for now.

BUTTTTTT......(isn't their always a but?), much futher down the road will be a 1920x1080p (60hz) projector and HD-DVD (when HDMI 1.3 is finalized).

Robert
    Hey Robert,

How many HD channels are you getting down there? The most I have found in a package up here is 23.
    Projector prices are getting better every day. Reasonable prices for the 1080p's are just around the corner.

Sorry to have jacked your thread L.J.
    WARNING! - The Surgeon General has determined that, time spent listening to music is not deducted from one's lifespan.

Quote Originally Posted by GMichael
    Hey Robert,

How many HD channels are you getting down there? The most I have found in a package up here is 23.
    Projector prices are getting better every day. Reasonable prices for the 1080p's are just around the corner.

Sorry to have jacked your thread L.J.
    29 HD Satelite Channels + Locals. And with my 2-HD-DVR's (60+hrs of HD), all I watch now is HD.

I'm very happy with my JVC SX21U (1080i) LCOS projector, but like you, I see 1080p projector prices becoming more affordable in the near future.
    Projector: JVC DLA-SX21U (LCOS 1.5m Pixel)
    Lens: Panamorph PSO-SX21
    Screen: 133" 16:9
    AVR: Denon (Flagship) 5800
    LRC-Mains: Definitive Technology (Flagship) BP3000-TL
    Surrounds: Atlantic Technology (Flush-Mount) System 20eSR
    LFE-Subwoofer: Sunfire True Subwoofer
    HD Satellite / DVR: VIP DVR622 Receiver (30+ Hrs of HD)
    HD VCR: JVC SR-VD400US Pro D-VHS (True 1080i transmission via Component)

Dedicated Home Theater Specs & Pics

2 more Coda power amps to replace the multi-channel Rotel feeding 4 of the 6 speakers in my main rig currently
    Consonance Droplet CD Player for my main rig (and my CD-120 would then move to the office system)

On the video side, *possibly* a Sony (or Panasonic) Blu-ray player to watch the Blu-ray only movies I can't play on my Toshiba HD DVD player if the format looks like it might gain traction and quality. Right now this one is looking doubtful...

---Dave
    Integra DHC-40.2 Pre/Pro
    Coda 2 X 200 Watt Amp
    Rotel RB-985 5 X 100 Watt Amp
    2 Tyler Acoustics 2 Piece Linbrook Signature System
    1 Tyler Linbrook Signature Center Channel
    3 Tyler Taylo Reference Monitors
    1 ACI Titan II Sub
    Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
    Panasonic BDT-210 + 350 Blu-ray
    Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0
    Sony 55NX-810 1080p 3D-LED HDTV

Office:
    Opera Audio Consonance CD-120
    Jolida 1301A 2 X 30 Watt Int. Amp (Sovtek Tubes)
    Opera Audio Consonance Eric-1 Speakers

Dave, a friend of mine has the Consonance Droplet CD Player and is a stereo fanatic and loves to talk stereo. If you would like to get in touch with him I know he would answer questions about it and talk your ear off. He is very sharp on stereos and is in a wheel chair and almost never leaves home. Stereo is his MAIN interest. E-Mail me or PM me and I will get you in touch with him, Jeff
    I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days...Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days. I just refuse to have bad ones!!!, Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by robert393
    29 HD Satelite Channels + Locals. And with my 2-HD-DVR's (60+hrs of HD), all I watch now is HD.

I'm very happy with my JVC SX21U (1080i) LCOS projector, but like you, I see 1080p projector prices becoming more affordable in the near future.
    Thanks Robert,

That looks like the package I was looking at here. It's just worded differently. I see what they mean now. Thanks again.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    more free time to build more speakers and listen to more music and watch more movies and shows.

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    more free time to build more speakers and listen to more music and watch more movies and shows.
    Time upgrade! Now that's a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    Dave, a friend of mine has the Consonance Droplet CD Player and is a stereo fanatic and loves to talk stereo. If you would like to get in touch with him I know he would answer questions about it and talk your ear off. He is very sharp on stereos and is in a wheel chair and almost never leaves home. Stereo is his MAIN interest. E-Mail me or PM me and I will get you in touch with him, Jeff
    Thanks, Jeff. You've got mail. :-)

---Dave
    Integra DHC-40.2 Pre/Pro
    Coda 2 X 200 Watt Amp
    Rotel RB-985 5 X 100 Watt Amp
    2 Tyler Acoustics 2 Piece Linbrook Signature System
    1 Tyler Linbrook Signature Center Channel
    3 Tyler Taylo Reference Monitors
    1 ACI Titan II Sub
    Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
    Panasonic BDT-210 + 350 Blu-ray
    Consonance Droplet CDP-5.0
    Sony 55NX-810 1080p 3D-LED HDTV

Office:
    Opera Audio Consonance CD-120
    Jolida 1301A 2 X 30 Watt Int. Amp (Sovtek Tubes)
    Opera Audio Consonance Eric-1 Speakers

Quote Originally Posted by kexodusc
    Time upgrade awarded. 2 out of 3 aint bad?

Suspended
    I would like to upgrade these old ears with some that can hear above 13 khz. Then, maybe I could listen to music without my tone and volume settings shredding the eardrums of my friends and family who are not audio challenged.

Forum Regular

Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by L.J.
    So I'm sure almost everyone has something they plan on upgrading, improving, replacing, buying, building, stealing.........uh you get the point.

So what's on your wishlist?

Immediate or distant future. Big screen, amp, speakers, sub, HD player, PS3 ..........what's on your list?
    How about a monoblock for each of my seven speakers and a H-D DVD player and later a new high rez receiver. and a new sub, how fast is any of this going to happen ? well depends on the money.

In answer to you question..... My number ONE wish on my wish list is for my two boys to get good jobs and houses of their own, Jeff

Seems like everyone else is just interested in new equipment, LOL
    I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days...Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days. I just refuse to have bad ones!!!, Jeff

Pioneer Pure Vision plasma 43" TV. I've been looking at the pioneer VSX AX10iG
    H/T receiver very closely, but no one has the needed upgrades noted below. I've managed
    two upgrades in the last 3 months...Rotel Amp..What an improvment in my system,
    and a new Sub, some anti-vibration/room treatments are on going as we speak.

Pioneer VSX1015TX
    Rotel RB 1080
    Definitive Technology ProSub 200TL
    JBL 4344 Studio Monitors(Front)
    JBL L 19 (Surrounds)
    JBL Cinema Vison CVCEN50 Center
    JBL Northridge Satellites(Back Channel)
    Pioneer Elite DV45A DVDA/SACD
    Panasonic DVD F86K
    Sony RCD W500C CD PLAYER/REC
    Pioneer GR-777 Graphic Equalizer
    AR Interconnects
    Cobalt 14G Wire
    Sanus Stands
    XBOX 360

I definitely see a PS3 in the near future.

I'm pretty content with my current setup but in a few years will jump into HD, assuming there's plenty of titles, HDMI 1.3 is enabled and prices are looking right. This will include a HD display, AVR and player.

I eventually want to get rid of my Vegas(move em into the garage) and put a 2 chan system in their place.

My wife and I have already discussed a dedicated room, but this is reeeeaaaaallllyyyyy far off into the future.

This may all be delayed of course, depending on house projects and what not. I've finished up the backyard, but have some serious landscaping to do on the side yard. New kitchen counter tops and floor also comes to mind. The list goes on and on........

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    Is there any way you could get him to join our group here. It could be the next best thing to going out or having friends over. I he's that sharp we need him anyway.
    ARC SP9 MKIII, VPI HW19, Rega RB300
    Marcof PPA1, Shure, Sumiko, Ortofon carts, Yamaha DVD-S1800
    Behringer UCA222, Emotiva XDA-2, HiFimeDIY
    Accuphase T101, Teac V-7010, Nak ZX-7. LX-5, Behringer DSP1124P
    Front: Magnepan 1.7, DBX 223SX, 2 modified Dynaco MK3's, 2, 12" DIY TL subs (Pass El-Pipe-O) 2 bridged Crown XLS-402
    Rear/HT: Emotiva UMC200, Acoustat Model 1/SPW-1, Behringer CX2310, 2 Adcom GFA-545

Forum Regular
    At the top of my list (besides an Xbox 360) is a switcher for three component cable inputs with optical audio.

I've found some online for about $150 +. Anyone have any suggestions for a good device, maybe a little less expensive?

Edit: OK, I found one on Ebay for $75, three component/optical inputs...

http://cgi.ebay.com/HDTV-COMPONENT-V...QQcmdZViewItem
    Last edited by Opeth_fan; 08-15-2006 at 10:23 AM.

Done, but not done

My next upgrade will be to go to a separate HT processor and amp. The prices for a good 5.1 processor (don't have room for 6.1 or 7.1 setup) these days are almost dirt cheap.

With a budget of $2K for both a processor and 5 channel amp, any suggestions? Brands of choice include Arcam, Krell, B&K, Anthem, Myryad, Aragon and of course, Rotel.
    *Panasonic 60" Plasma HDTV
    *Marantz AV7005
    *Marantz MM7055
    *Oppo Digital BDP-95
    *Silverline Audio Sonatina MK II
    *Silverline Center Stage
    *Silverline Audio SR11
    *SVS SB12

http://www.panasonic.com
    http://www.marantz.com
    http://www.oppodigital.com
    http://www.silverlineaudio.com