• 01-30-2004, 07:05 AM
    CaptainPurple
    What's your favorite reference DVD for "test drives"?
    I like the storming of Normandy in Saving Private Ryan. There's not a lot of highs but there's some good surround and bass to listen to. I also like Air Force One's dog fight between Kazakstan and the US fighter planes; great jet action surround.

What about anyone else?

Sorry if this has been done. I searched for reference DVD and it choked on the DVD term. Just searching on reference returned too many results for my lazy a$$. :p
  • 01-30-2004, 07:36 AM
    yamdsp-a1
    dvd's
    Fifth Element - DTS superbit.

Chicago - DTS

Jurrasic Park - DTS

Star WArs - AOTC - DD , the opening sequence is a speaker killer.

Behind Enemy Lines DTS

That is all I can think of for the moment.

All of these are for sound, I don't have the display or connections to notice much difference in picture...
  • 01-30-2004, 09:18 PM
    karl k
    Here's a couple...
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainPurple
    I like the storming of Normandy in Saving Private Ryan. There's not a lot of highs but there's some good surround and bass to listen to. I also like Air Force One's dog fight between Kazakstan and the US fighter planes; great jet action surround.

What about anyone else?

Sorry if this has been done. I searched for reference DVD and it choked on the DVD term. Just searching on reference returned too many results for my lazy a$$. :p

Lost in Space... DD
    Independence Day... DD/THX
    X-Men 1&2... DD
    Terminator 2 extreme edition...DD/THX
    Starship Troopers Superbit...DTS
  • 02-06-2004, 11:21 AM
    gocats5611
    Here's what I used...
    Independence Day ... DD/THX
    Ice Age ... DD
    Pearl Harbor ... DTS

Though after getting the new Lion King special edition with the new Disney-Enhanced Surround sound.. that might be teh best one for reference out there.
  • 02-06-2004, 11:30 AM
    TinHere
    The Eagles...Hell Freezes Over... DTS

U571...DTS Major bass.
  • 02-06-2004, 06:41 PM
    phillyguy
    The Iron Giant. Love the giant's footsteps and the scene in the coffeeshop with the squirrel.
  • 02-12-2004, 11:57 AM
    chimera128
    The Lion King Special Edition. The special Disney Mix is awesome. Didn't care for the new song though =/.
  • 02-12-2004, 01:06 PM
    This Guy
    How come noone mentioned Terminator 3? That's the best soundtrack i ever heard. Coming in a close second is Final Destination 2 in DTS-ES. These will test any system.

-Joey
  • 02-12-2004, 04:58 PM
    joel2762
    Ha yeah..
    T-3 definetly.
    Topgun!-DD 5.1-Pretty much every scene!!!Crank the first scene..Ouch!
    The Ring-DTS- After the movie's started, and the days are counting down ex, Thursday, Day 1, appears on the screen with a huge thunder-ish rumble from the LFE..woah! Some nice effects in the rear channels too. Not alot of action, but a great movie and the DTS soundtrack is awsome! Action packed or not! Check this movie out.