AR Newbie Registered Member

Harman Kardon AVR340 (avr-340)

Anybody get this one yet? Looking to replace an OLD sony and get something to drive my B&W CM series speakers and Velodyne sub.

Been thinking of going HK because my Dad has had one since the late 70's and it's still working! A buddy has a AVR325 he likes. And the new 340 has ipod (the bridge) support.

I can't seem to find any reviews on this unit. Was hoping I might find sombody here. It's listed at retails stores for 799, but I found the unit and the bridge for $555 brand new shipped.

Any help!?

Thanks,
    Zac

Big Fresh
    Just make sure that you purchase it from a certified online retailer, or you risk voiding your warranty. I own the AVR325 and had to take my unit in for a very minor repair and the warranty service has been fantastic. Don't save money at the expense of a warranty. Sorry, though, as I can't comment on the 340 specifically. I do, however, very much enjoy the 325 that I've had for almost 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by gluesniffer
    Anybody get this one yet? Looking to replace an OLD sony and get something to drive my B&W CM series speakers and Velodyne sub.

Been thinking of going HK because my Dad has had one since the late 70's and it's still working! A buddy has a AVR325 he likes. And the new 340 has ipod (the bridge) support.

I can't seem to find any reviews on this unit. Was hoping I might find sombody here. It's listed at retails stores for 799, but I found the unit and the bridge for $555 brand new shipped.

Any help!?

Thanks,
    Zac
    Just wondering if you ever bought this. If so how do you like it so far? I bought one yesterday online and I'm really looking forward to it. I had a Onkyo TSXR573 and it a very nice unit and sounds great. But I've always wanted HK, so the Onkyo was sold on Ebay this weekend.

I've always heard that HK and Klipsch were meant to be.

Thread Information