Cambridge Universal Blue Ray Player

I've been holding off getting a BR player but may have to check this one out. Thoughts?

http://hometheaterreview.com/cambrid...ayer-reviewed/
    Back in my day, we had nine planets.

Cool

Probably a rebadged OPPO. Its a rebadged something, anyway...
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Forum Regular
    HI Pixelthis; I copy and pasted a part of that review since your possible assumption that it might have been a rebadged Oppo could have been correct.

. I'm sure many of you are wondering if the Cambridge 650BD is simply a re-badged Oppo, which is the case for other manufacturers. I asked this question to Cambridge and was told straight up that it was not. In fact, I was told, "We (Cambridge) have zero, none, nada, zip relationship with Oppo." There are some common components however, as both use the Mediatec video processors as their cores; as does nearly every other Blu-ray player that offers SACD / DVD-Audio / Redbook CD. There are also differences such as higher quality casework, AC power supply implementation, different resistor and capacitor suppliers and a remote, which operates other Cambridge devices. Menu and rear panel configurations are identical; however as these are Mediatec elements. Hopefully this clears up any confusion on this somewhat confusing topic as the forum guys specifically make a big issue out of these topics.

Suspended
    I would be surprised if Cambridge "rebadged". They have a good foot hold in the market and garnered some respect with the 740/840 CDP's. Not to mention their A/V receivers and integrated amps.

Cool

Yeah, and what was the name of that company that had a 2,000 omni-player that
    turned out to be an Oppo? I MEAN, a completeOppo, just the guts put in another case.
    I SAW a video on how CAMBRIDGE does things, they lay out the design in MERRY OLDE
    ENGLAND, ship them to their liaison in HONG KONG, who shoots it to the mainland(China),
    and a manufacturer takes care of production. But even if its not a complete Oppo, might as well be, you're not getting anything special except a better chassis maybe, and a few minor parts changes.
    I WOULD JUST BUY AN OPPO, save a few bucks.THIS COMING from the guy that
    paid extra because his Onkyo came from Integra.
    LG 42", integra 6.9, B&W 602s2, CC6 center, dm305rears, b&w
    sub asw2500
    Panny DVDA player
    sharp Aquos BLU player
    pronto remote, technics antique direct drive TT
    Samsung SACD/DVDA player
    emotiva upa-2 two channel amp

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelthis
    .THIS COMING from the guy that
    paid extra because his Onkyo came from Integra.
    That's interesting. I never realized that Onkyo spun off itself into a completely different name and company under the Onkyo umbrella. I have an Onkyo Integra cassette player, I guess from when they were the same entity. Both names right next to each other, then the model number.

Thread Information