Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Suspended
    NF, why do you have a different screen for OSD? Why not just run the composite with OSD to another video in on your TV, odds are you aren't using it anyway. I'm going straight to the TV with my HDMI sources and run a composite from my processor to my TV for OSD.

I'm not sure of any modular unit slike to want but I'd start my search with Theta, Merridian or Lexicon. I forgot you were looking for used as well.

nightflier

Then you would have to switch sources

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Peabody
    NF, why do you have a different screen for OSD? Why not just run the composite with OSD to another video in on your TV, odds are you aren't using it anyway. I'm going straight to the TV with my HDMI sources and run a composite from my processor to my TV for OSD.
    Well, then you would have to switch sources to amend the menu. If the source with the composite cable is set for different audio settings, then that won't work. I'm a also bit of a tweaker, so I prefer to pull the OSD on the source that I'm trying to edit sound settings for.

Didn't consider Thetas at all before, but that's definitely an interesting option. I also figured them to be just a DAC company. Lexicon was in the back of my mind, but I forgot to mention them. Meridian is a bit too proprietary for me (not to mention expensive, even used).

Any other companies that make modular components? I think Ayre does, but only on the stereo front, or do they have any products I'm not aware of? Also, when is that Emotiva pre/pro supposed to be available?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information