***** Lurker

Thumbs up Sony PS3, Sir T, and all you others!

Wow - this thing is great! Oh, I think this has already been covered. But, seriously - After reading the glowing reviews and having less than an excellent experience with the Sony BDP S300 and the Samsung 3600 I just on a whim went and picked up the PS3 120gb unit and it is indeed quite impressive. I have never been a "gamer" or had the slightest interest in that so it is quite unique using the oddly shaped game controller as a remote but I am getting the hang of it quickly. The PS3 really seems to be a relvelation and lightyears ahead of any other player, Blu-ray or otherwise, that I have used. I do find it interesting that, as others have commented, that the PS3 is so highly reviewed and other sony players are not. Hey Terrence, do you have any "PS3 using the remote 101 tips" you could pass along? Appreciate it, as usual, props and love to you bro.

Do you own a Harmony or universal with learning feature?

If you own a Harmony you could get complete control of your PS3 using this

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Harmo...4212894&sr=8-1

You can get 99%(every function except power on) control using this with a Harmony or universal. USB/IR receiver and it works great.

http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Blu-Wave-R...sr=1-1-catcorr

Or if you don't mind using a separate remote, you can use this

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-PlayStati...4213078&sr=1-1

Besides that, the controller can be used and is actually quite easy to get used to. I use the Nyko remote with my Harmony One on my main system and also the BR remote when streaming to my main system but I'm in a different room(I love it). On my other two PS3's, I just use the PS3 controller.

There are plenty of PS3 owners on this board so shoot away if you have any questions.

Congrats on the new player!

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hairsonfire
    Wow - this thing is great! Oh, I think this has already been covered. But, seriously - After reading the glowing reviews and having less than an excellent experience with the Sony BDP S300 and the Samsung 3600 I just on a whim went and picked up the PS3 120gb unit and it is indeed quite impressive. I have never been a "gamer" or had the slightest interest in that so it is quite unique using the oddly shaped game controller as a remote but I am getting the hang of it quickly. The PS3 really seems to be a relvelation and lightyears ahead of any other player, Blu-ray or otherwise, that I have used. I do find it interesting that, as others have commented, that the PS3 is so highly reviewed and other sony players are not. Hey Terrence, do you have any "PS3 using the remote 101 tips" you could pass along? Appreciate it, as usual, props and love to you bro.
    Congratulation Hot hair!

Now young padawon learner, you are just at step one. Get that thing network connected(step two), and definately get one of the remote options ma brutha LJ mentions(step three). You still have tons of music and video streaming options left to explore(step four). Keep in mind it is an awesome CD player, and it does an excellent job of upconverting DVD's to 1080p. It also has damn good processing options for noise reduction, and the option of adding different dither to CD's to get the best sound out of them.

You can steal my HD-DVD player and I just might get mad. But if you even attempt to take my PS3, it could result in permanent scarring, or even the end of your life. That is how I feel about my PS3
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs
    4 custom 15" H-PAS FFEC servo subs
    THX Style Baffle wall

***** Lurker

Smile LJ and Sir T - I thank you!

Appreciate the replies gentlemen - and your assistance. The entire experience with the PS3 is just so right. It's like when I first saw how incredible Blu-ray looked I thought to myself, this is what DVD should have looked like all along. When I got the PS3 the first thing I thought was, this is so right, why do we have to go through the growing pains of developing technology? Well, I suppose it's all about evolving I guess. I put in Ratatouille last night and I have never seen it look that incredible. Anyway, thanks again.

Thread Information