Music Unlimited on PS3 =)

Anybody else get a chance to try out the Qriocity yet?

I've been using the 30 day free premium trial for the past week and LOVE it. I will be keeping this and will get plenty of use for the 9.99 per month.

Feel the Tempo eisforelectronic's Avatar
    I was wondering what that was
    Audio Physic Avanti IV w/upgraded mids and crossover
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Emotiva XPA-3
    Peachtree Audio iNova
    Rega Brio-R
    Rega RP-1
    Sony PS3
    BAT VK-D5se
    Totem Acoustic Dreamcatchers

Man of the People Forums Moderator bobsticks's Avatar
    Hey L.J.!! Good to see you still make (all-too-infrequent) visits. Hope everything is going well.

I haven't had a chance to play around with the PS3 too much but, from the article, it sounds like an interesting option.
    So, I broke into the palace
    With a sponge and a rusty spanner
    She said : "Eh, I know you, and you cannot sing"
    I said : "That's nothing - you should hear me play piano"

What is the bit rate on it? REason to ask is that i can detect defiecincies with even 356 k audio! when compared to cds. Seriously. That sounds like a good deal...but Not at low bit rates. Must be in the thousands range to interest me.
    Audio exploits of the past year
    :D
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/budgetaudio6/

even more here!
    http://s574.photobucket.com/home/budgetaudio6/index
    and yes its been a slow but full 3 or 4 years yet!

My sentiments exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by budgetaudio76
    What is the bit rate on it? REason to ask is that i can detect defiecincies with even 356 k audio! when compared to cds. Seriously. That sounds like a good deal...but Not at low bit rates. Must be in the thousands range to interest me.
    I love my SiriusXM but the music is all mp3s and it drives me crazy. It's certainly more convenient than lugging cds around, but when I'm driving alone and can crank it up, no way I'm listening to Sirius.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

I have been using it for the past month and it is great for several reasons:

- The interface is sleek and well thought out.
    - The bitrate is very high (not sure exactly the number) for streaming, and through the PS3 with HDMI is easily the best streaming quality I have ever heard (way better than Apple)
    It made me forget about cd's and vinyl for several week.

- THE LIBRARY IS HUGE! BMG+SONY= 6,000,000 songs ; Blue Note and Impulse labels are what have really sold it for me.

- One of the biggest surprises is that they get new releases the day they come out, even obscure indie labels.

- Two tier pricing option is pointless, because the 3.99 streaming radio option is crap billboard 100 junk. The 9.99 gives you that and the ability to save any of the 6,000,000 songs to your library. You even have the option to save the whole album.

-The artwork display is great.

Cons: You have to have your TV on to use it. You can't search music by genre.

This is great service if you have the money and want to rent your music. Let me repeat that the quality is really good, as good as you will get in a streaming format. Won't beat your 2 channel hi-fi analog rig, but knowone would expect if to.

Knowone?

Quote Originally Posted by Enochrome
    I have been using it for the past month and it is great for several reasons:

- The interface is sleek and well thought out.
    - The bitrate is very high (not sure exactly the number) for streaming, and through the PS3 with HDMI is easily the best streaming quality I have ever heard (way better than Apple)
    It made me forget about cd's and vinyl for several week.

- THE LIBRARY IS HUGE! BMG+SONY= 6,000,000 songs ; Blue Note and Impulse labels are what have really sold it for me.

- One of the biggest surprises is that they get new releases the day they come out, even obscure indie labels.

- Two tier pricing option is pointless, because the 3.99 streaming radio option is crap billboard 100 junk. The 9.99 gives you that and the ability to save any of the 6,000,000 songs to your library. You even have the option to save the whole album.

-The artwork display is great.

Cons: You have to have your TV on to use it. You can't search music by genre.

This is great service if you have the money and want to rent your music. Let me repeat that the quality is really good, as good as you will get in a streaming format. Won't beat your 2 channel hi-fi analog rig, but knowone would expect if to.
    Sorry, but I couldn't resist lol!

Thanks for the explanation, but I think I'll stick to my cds and vinyl. I'm already paying for Netflix along with HBO and Showtime with my cable bill, so I have to draw the line somewhere.
    I call my bathroom Jim instead of John so I can tell people that I go to the Jim first thing every morning.

If you say the word 'gullible' very slowly it sounds just like oranges.

Forum Regular
    I also read that sony is planning to use Qriocity on mobile devices..such as the Xperia Play. This service looks promising.

I've been so busy enjoying all the new music I haven't even gave SQ a 2nd thought

Sounds pretty decent to me though and hopefully the improvements continue to come.

The library is huge and I've been searching out albums I've had on my wish list for years.

I already have over 600 albums in my library, so the cost of purchasing these vs paying 9.99 per month to listen when I want makes it worth it for me.

I wish the settings would allow for a bit more control but happy with the service overall.

Thread Information