AR Newbie Registered Member

TV Input question

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I couldn't find anywhere better. I have a JVC AV27-D501 TV with several Video inptson the back. Video-1 shares a composite and S-Vhs input, and Video-2 shares a Comp[osite, S-Vha and Component. I have devices hooked to both of these. My question is - what would happen if I hook up two devices to the same video input? For example if I have my DVD connected to the component on Video-2, ifI hook up another device to the S-Vhs input of Video-2, will the TV switch correctly (provided I only have one on at a time)?

Thanks,

Brian

My guess is that one of them just won't work. I think i actually tried it with my own panasonic tv once before, and it just didn't work. it chose the s-video over the composite. You could try it, it probably won't hurt anything. But even if it does work, which audio input will you use?

eric

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Audio input I'm not as concerned about, as my DVD player (hooked up to the Component input) uses Optical to send the audio directly to my amp.

Forum Regular
    One of the outputs will be disabled. Most likely a circuit is created when a plug is inserted into one of the jacks therefore telling the onboard diagnostics what is plugged in where. Usually the better of the two inputs will be the one that is operational. My DVD player has this setup. It says it won't hurt the machine at all in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by bwgreen
    Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I couldn't find anywhere better. I have a JVC AV27-D501 TV with several Video inptson the back. Video-1 shares a composite and S-Vhs input, and Video-2 shares a Comp[osite, S-Vha and Component. I have devices hooked to both of these. My question is - what would happen if I hook up two devices to the same video input? For example if I have my DVD connected to the component on Video-2, ifI hook up another device to the S-Vhs input of Video-2, will the TV switch correctly (provided I only have one on at a time)?

Thanks,

Brian
    The TV should allow switching between video 1 & 2 options and input for each S-vid, Composit, and Component. As you stated later there is the audio problem but you have resolved that with your receiver.
    How many S video devices do you have?
    How many composit devices do you have?
    Does your reveiver have S video and composit video inputs and is so how many?
    Does your receiver have a center channel pre out?

Thread Information