AR Newbie Registered Member

Question How do I hook up the Dogg Digital Audio DA 5.1 System?

I have this Dogg Digital Audio DA 5.1 speaker system that I read reviews about on this website and how people are saying they sound pretty good. I hooked them up but the bass is really weak from the subwoofer. I know its not a powered sub but what amps should I use or if I have another 5 ch. amp could I connect it a certain way to get all the lows into that sub? I recently purchased a Kenwood VR-6050 and a VR-605. Can someone please help me on this? THANKS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How do I hook up the Dogg Digital Audio DA 5.1 System?-638.jpg  

Forum Regular
    Did u happen to buy them from a White van in the home depot parkin lot :-) ?

If so you could use them as stands for the real speakers that you could buy in future -)

nah those are pretty popular on ebay. Corrola if I were you I'd just sell everything and start from scratch. You bought some crap speakers. I mean there is an advertisement for blunt raps on the same page that they're selling the speakers. You could make this work though. Connect all the speakers except the sub to one of the Kenwoods. Than get an RCA Y adapter to connect to the subwoofer output, then connect stereo rca cables from the y adaptor to the other kenwood receiver. Connect the subwoofer to one of the front channels on that Kenwood. On the first Kenwood, set all speakers to small and subwoofer to YES. On the Kenwood conected to the sub, put the left and right speakers as LARGE and sub as NO. Make sure all surround settings on the subwoofer amp are off so that it thinks there is Just a left and right speaker.

-Joey

Quote Originally Posted by prash
    Did u happen to buy them from a White van in the home depot parkin lot :-) ?

If so you could use them as stands for the real speakers that you could buy in future -)
    No, I didn't buy them from a guy in a white van. I've heard the stories and have been approached twice by these hustlers. I bought these for $60 Bucks at a buddies garage sale. Did I over pay?

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy
    nah those are pretty popular on ebay. Corrola if I were you I'd just sell everything and start from scratch. You bought some crap speakers. I mean there is an advertisement for blunt raps on the same page that they're selling the speakers. You could make this work though. Connect all the speakers except the sub to one of the Kenwoods. Than get an RCA Y adapter to connect to the subwoofer output, then connect stereo rca cables from the y adaptor to the other kenwood receiver. Connect the subwoofer to one of the front channels on that Kenwood. On the first Kenwood, set all speakers to small and subwoofer to YES. On the Kenwood conected to the sub, put the left and right speakers as LARGE and sub as NO. Make sure all surround settings on the subwoofer amp are off so that it thinks there is Just a left and right speaker.

-Joey
    About the ad, I put that together from the pics of the recievers from ebay and put the picture of Royal Blunts in it for fun because I work there. The sub has no rca connection only speaker terminals. I'll post a pic later on so you can see it. Thanks for giving me a real answer to my problem than the last guy did.

Thanks

$60 isnt bad. But I do know what you mean in that the sub only has speaker terminals. When I say connect it to the subwoofer amp, I mean the Kenwood receiever that you will use to power the sub. Use just the left and/or right channels of the second Kenwood to power the subwoofer, using it's speaker terminals.

Forum Regular
    The "bass module" (I would hesitate to call it a subwoofer) SHOULD have input AND output speaker terminals on the back. If it does, run wires from the receiver to the inputs and out from the box to the front speakers. Hope this helps.

James

Quote Originally Posted by hifimaster
    The "bass module" (I would hesitate to call it a subwoofer) SHOULD have input AND output speaker terminals on the back. If it does, run wires from the receiver to the inputs and out from the box to the front speakers. Hope this helps.

James

James,

It does have input and output. When you say "run wires from the receiver to the inputs and out from the box to the front speakers" do you mean my actual front speakers or the front terminals on the bass module or kenwood reciever?

Thanks

Forum Regular
    Corolla,

Run speaker wires from the receiver (+ and - right and + and - left.) to the inputs on the bass module. Then run another set of speaker wires from the outputs on the bass module to the front speakers. In this configuration, be sure to set up your receiver for "large" fronts and sub to "none". Good luck.

James

Thread Information