AR Newbie Registered Member

Question Suggestions for HTIB purchase

I'm rather inexperienced in the audio arena and would like some suggestions on home theater in a box systems, if that is the correct term to use. I say that because I only need the speakers, and perhaps a better DVD player. Here's my current arrangement:

1. Kenwood Equalizer (GE-5010)
    2. Kenwood CD Player (DP-M107R)
    3. Yamaha Cassette Deck (KX-W900)
    4. Kenwood AV Surround Receiver (1080VR)
    5. Sony DVD Player (DVP-NS325) (Yeah it's cheap - won it in Super Bowl party drawing)
    6. JVC 32" TV (AV 32S33)

Based on the components I have what would you recommend as a good speaker setup? I'd like 4 speakers for frront and rear, a center speaker, and the bass module.

Thanks.

Forum Regular
    there r plenty of home theater speaker packages you could use but without knowing your requirements ( size, room layout, color/finish, budget,etc..) , i'd suggest upgrading all of it for: Kenwood HTB-706DV msrp $600.00

AR Newbie Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AVMASTER
    there r plenty of home theater speaker packages you could use but without knowing your requirements ( size, room layout, color/finish, budget,etc..) , i'd suggest upgrading all of it for: Kenwood HTB-706DV msrp $600.00
    Thanks for your help. I'm really not interested in getting rid of what I have. The AV unit does very well. I had it hooked to Bose speakers in my last house and they sounded great. The wall units were left with the buyer and my ex-wife got the center speaker. I got the rest, which is what put me in my current situation. I don't use the cassette player very much but the CD player is great. Never skips!

I'll be selling this house and building a new one but my entertainment room will be approx. 15" x 15", probably square, and with the standard furniture pieces (sofa, chair, tables, curtains, etc.). I have a solid oak entertainment center that houses the TV and stereo system.

What 5 speaker sysstems would you recommend? I'm really interested in sound quality over pure volume.

Coming from Bose speakers just about anything will sound 500 times better than that. Check out the Onkyo 5.1 system that Circuit City sells for less than $300 ($279 I think). As it comes, it's a nice setup but if you upgrade the sub you'll have a nice little system. Drop around $500 on a HSU sub and you're set.

Forum Regular
    What sort of budget are you working with?

Forum Regular
    check out www.orbaudio.com...great sound and really cool looking

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash7
    I'm rather inexperienced in the audio arena and would like some suggestions on home theater in a box systems, if that is the correct term to use. I say that because I only need the speakers, and perhaps a better DVD player. Here's my current arrangement:

1. Kenwood Equalizer (GE-5010)
    2. Kenwood CD Player (DP-M107R)
    3. Yamaha Cassette Deck (KX-W900)
    4. Kenwood AV Surround Receiver (1080VR)
    5. Sony DVD Player (DVP-NS325) (Yeah it's cheap - won it in Super Bowl party drawing)
    6. JVC 32" TV (AV 32S33)

Based on the components I have what would you recommend as a good speaker setup? I'd like 4 speakers for frront and rear, a center speaker, and the bass module.

Thanks.

Hi, try this http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.proc...uct_Id=3715338
    if you really want a HTIB. this is a very decent one in market now.

Thread Information