Forum Regular

Looking for basic A/V receiver with 12v trigger

I need an A/V receiver to do something very simple: decode and power a 5.1 setup. Need no switching or anything as that is all handled by my whole house system. But I do need 12 volt trigger to turn the thing on and off (don't like to rely on IR). I was going to get the most basic Denon, but it does not have the 12 V trigger. The room it is powering has all in ceiling speakers, so it's not a real high end setup, but I do want decent performance. Any suggestions?

Well of course I'm an Integra fan simply because their products are versatile and sound DANG good. Look at Integra's DTR-4.6. Integra's receivers are Onkyo's higher end solutions and come with multiroom zoning and 3 yes count them "THREE" 12 volt triggers on their most basic receiver. BTW, Integra is as "basic" as I'll ever go. But their products are not mass produced making them harder to get your hands on. But the quality is worth the price. They also come with 3 year warranties.

Also, I own the DTR-5.3 It also has "TWO" 12 volt triggers that I've never used... So even finding an older "used" model could work very well for your application.

http://www.integrahometheater.com/mo...s=Receiver&p=i
    Last edited by kcramer; 01-22-2007 at 10:43 AM.

Thread Information