SUb levels w/graph

Here is a graph of my sub levels in my HT.

I am fairly happy/impressed with how flat the VELO is all the way to 20Hz, there is an obvious hump at 50-60 but no to bad aside from that. I am not sure there is much I can do to help the Polk, but I just use it just to help supplement the Velo a bit, the room is kinda large @ 21+' X 25+'. Would you mess with trying to flatten this with an eq or not? I have an Audio Control EQ with adjustments at 36, 60&120Hz laying around.

Thanks,
    Brad
    Home Theater:

Emotiva UMC-200, Citation 5.1 running Mirage M-3SIs, Harman Kardon signature 2.1 running Mirage M-CSI (center) & 4x BIC V-52 (surrounds), 2 x Velodyne ULD 15 Series II Sub & Amp, PS3, PS4, XBOX 1, 2x Adcom ACE-515, Vizio E-701B-3

2.0 setup:

Schiit Freya Tube PreAmp, Citation 5.1, Mirage M3SIs, Onkyo DV-CP702 (CD transport), Schiit Modi Multibit DAC.

M.P.S.E /AES/SMPTE member Sir Terrence the Terrible's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brad1138
    Here is a graph of my sub levels in my HT.

I am fairly happy/impressed with how flat the VELO is all the way to 20Hz, there is an obvious hump at 50-60 but no to bad aside from that. I am not sure there is much I can do to help the Polk, but I just use it just to help supplement the Velo a bit, the room is kinda large @ 21+' X 25+'. Would you mess with trying to flatten this with an eq or not? I have an Audio Control EQ with adjustments at 36, 60&120Hz laying around.

Thanks,
    Brad
    You know, I would try and EQ both of these frequency curves, as this is not very good frequency response at all. The Velo is showing close to 15db variation from 40hz to 50hz and that is a big difference in response that could be made flatter. The Polk shows a suckout centered around 35hz that is 15db(approx) and one octave wide, and looks like a placement problem to me.

Both of these subs could use some good parametric EQ'ing and respositioning to flatten out their responses.

Forget the audiocontrol, it won't be able to do anything to help either of these subs frequency response, it is much too crude.
    Sir Terrence

Titan Reference 3D 1080p projector
    200" SI Black Diamond II screen
    Oppo BDP-103D
    Datastat RS20I audio/video processor 12.4 audio setup
    9 Onkyo M-5099 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-510 power amp
    9 Onkyo M-508 power amp
    6 custom CAL amps for subs
    3 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid monitors
    18 custom 3 way horn DSP hybrid surround/ceiling speakers
    2 custom 15" sealed FFEC servo subs