AR Newbie Registered Member

Streem HT-33 or Fluance SX-HTB

Hi,

I'm another newbie on a budget and I've narrowed my choices down to these two speaker packages. I had my mind set on the Fluance package until I saw the Streem package online. I've read all the reviews on the Fluance speakers but only saw a few on the Streem package and I wanted to see if I could get some opinions on which may be the better package. They're both $320 shipped and that is as much as I want to spend on a speaker package as I will be getting a sub later. They'll be hooked to a Yamaha RX-V630 and will be in a room about 14 X 20 with high vaulted ceilings. I listen to a lot of hip-hop music but will be using them for video games and movies quite often. Any help will be appreciated.

Forum Regular
    Man, I am in the same situation as you. I have been looking at Fluance for a while too, after you mentioned Streem I went and read some reviews and went to their website. They seem nice, but it sure makes it hard to choose, doesn't it? I was actually looking at buying the SX-HTB and did some comparisons, but decided that I will buy the SV-10 standing speakers and build a system. The two you are looking at seem almost identical specification wise. Things like decibal sesitivity seem to vary by 1 decibal between the two, and the amount of watts the Fluance's take are just a little higher than the Streem, the Fluance surround speakers have a 1" tweeter where as the Streem have 3/4" tweeter. I don't know how much of a difference that will make, but sometimes I feel the bigger the speaker the more sound you get, although I imagine that isn't true. It is too bad that you cannot listen to them before you buy them. I imagine that either way you will be happy, on a side note, I think that the Streem speakers look nicer, not as fake to me. Best of luck to you, I know I didn't help much, just thought I would let you know that you aren't the only one feeling this way

~Cole

Thread Information