Forum Regular

Squeal from Surround Speakers

I have a Harman Kardon AVR335 receiver with Infinity TSS750 speakers. The surround speakers have a squeal coming from them when there is little actual surround activity. You have to be close to hear it (within a foot or 2), but it sounds almost like a flock of birds. Could this be the speakers or the AVR setup? Any advice? Thanks, John

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jdag
    I have a Harman Kardon AVR335 receiver with Infinity TSS750 speakers. The surround speakers have a squeal coming from them when there is little actual surround activity. You have to be close to hear it (within a foot or 2), but it sounds almost like a flock of birds. Could this be the speakers or the AVR setup? Any advice? Thanks, John
    hey John
    if it is what i think it is , it is nothing to worry about and is perfectly normal. I notice it when running different suround modes on my yamaha. i especialy notice it while watching dtv when it is set to pro logic or pro logic 2 modes. i get it from my front speakers as well, not sure why it does it but it does it on other systems i have noticed as well.
    maybe someone else can shed some light on the issue?

cheers
    Adrian

Forum Regular
    I never noticed it before today. But it is a relatively new system, and I was playing around with settings today, so probably the reason I noticed it for the 1st time.

I did put my ear close to the front L and R speakers, and there is a slight squeal. Not at pronounced as the 2 surround speakers.

I do not notice any squeal from the center speaker.

I am thinking that the speaker wire may be an issue. The center channel is the shortest length, with the front L and R being medium length. The surrounds are longest.

Do you think that could be the problem? The speaker wire is Belkin PureAV, but was not overly expensive

Thread Information