• 05-02-2005, 08:01 AM
    swgiust
    Speaker level or Line level inputs
    Ok, so I ordered a new sub-woofer. No problem to hook up, right? Well....
    Maybe I'm over complicating.

I am using a pre/pro and separate amps.
    My mains are powered towers. They have line level input for the subs in each.
    Also, they have speaker level inputs, and they have a high pass filter. (which Infinty
    tells me is basically a fixed crossover at 120hz.)

Options:

#1. Set the speakers to small and use the speaker level inputs. Set crossover
    at the reciever to 80hz.

#2. Set the speakers to small and use the line level input. Split it out from the pre/pro.
    set crossover at the reciever to 80hz. Use the high pass filter on the speaker to
    cross over the internal sub at 120hz.

#3. Set the speakers to small and use the sub line level input. Split the sub signal
    between my towers and my new sub.

Is any of this making sense??
    Thanks
  • 05-02-2005, 09:59 AM
    hershon
    Try all 3 and choose the setting that sounds best to you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by swgiust
    Ok, so I ordered a new sub-woofer. No problem to hook up, right? Well....
    Maybe I'm over complicating.

I am using a pre/pro and separate amps.
    My mains are powered towers. They have line level input for the subs in each.
    Also, they have speaker level inputs, and they have a high pass filter. (which Infinty
    tells me is basically a fixed crossover at 120hz.)

Options:

#1. Set the speakers to small and use the speaker level inputs. Set crossover
    at the reciever to 80hz.

#2. Set the speakers to small and use the line level input. Split it out from the pre/pro.
    set crossover at the reciever to 80hz. Use the high pass filter on the speaker to
    cross over the internal sub at 120hz.

#3. Set the speakers to small and use the sub line level input. Split the sub signal
    between my towers and my new sub.

Is any of this making sense??
    Thanks