Thread: Screen research

Screen research

So I'm looking around on the web all day today and I feel like I'm chasing my tail. I have a Mitsubishi HC100U and a cheap screen. I'm looking to move those into the living room as I just ordered an Oppo OPDV971H DVD player and Panasonic Panasonic PT-AE900U for my bedroom. Now I need another screen. I've been looking for any sort of comparison between different screens on the market and I can only find specific reviews. I could read reviews all week and there would still be hundreds more to read. I'm looking for some highly recommended screens so that I can narrow down my options. Anyone know where I can look that might help?

You would do yourself a huge favor by finding a good AV store within striking distance--not a big-box store that carries loads of equipment but one that specializes in high-performance components. Even a nearby Tweeter would be helpful. You need to match your room, the light output and other characteristics of your projector, and screen gain, size, material, and price. Altlhough you might be able to come up with a workable solution yourself using web resources, an expert's firsthand attention to the details will significantly decrease the chances of making a bad, or mediocre, purchase. I'd use the web to shore up information, as you've evidently been doing, and take what you've learned to a couple of places to see how they respond to your questions. If you need more internet media, the UltimateAV and AVguide sites have solid reviews of various screens; even if the specific products don't meet your needs, the discussions will make you better aware of the parameters.

Edited for grammar; it's a curse.
    Last edited by edtyct; 08-01-2006 at 07:31 AM.

Alright. I'll run with that. Thanks for your help

Forum Regular
    how far will the projector be from the screen?

Thread Information