AR Newbie Registered Member

RX-D401S JVC HDMI Receiver Won't Accept 2 HDMI Inputs??

Does anyone else have a new RX-D401S JVC HDMI Receiver out there? I cannot make the receiver recognize two HDMI inputs and switch between them. I can only make one of the HDMI inputs work at a time. I've read the manual and done everything I can figure out, but it still will not switch between HDMI sources. If you are successfully switching between the two HDMI inputs ... please tell me how you have set up the reciever so that I can copy your set up and try it. For now, I purchased an HDMI switcher and I am working around my inability to make the receiver swtich between the HDMI inputs ... but this adds to the complexity and the external switcher adds gain and some visual artifacts as a result of the gain. In case it matters ... I am feeding the HDMI signal into a 40 inch BRAVIA LCD HDTV Model KDL-V40XBR1.

Thanks for the help.

It was a good idea to post the question at AVS. Some people appear to have no trouble switching HDMI sources with this receiver, but not everyone. I'll see whether I can recall where I ran across someone who had good luck. In the meantime, have you tried checking each source by itself with the other one unplugged, in both inputs as necessary? Or is that what you mean by them working "one at a time"? You might find that one of the HDMI sources stalls out of the gate when trying to shake hands with the JVC. Can you switch to anything other than the Bravia? I realize that might be a tall order. Otherwise, if the menu doesn't come to your rescue, the switching function might be damaged. Let me see if I can find someone who's had success.

Okay, nieither of these instances detail how they set up the switching, but you might be able to grab the posters' attention, even though their messages are months old. Run a search of your receiver, JVC RX-D401S, at Pricegrabber where someone claims that it works well enough but is hard to set up and/or at the Hi Def Forum where someone named "keithhud" talks about switching with this receiver.

On a side note, are you using a Gefen switcher? I don't know why gain would be adding any noise to the signal; it should just make sure that the signal remained intact. What kind of artifacts do you see?

AR Newbie Registered Member

Gave up ...

I gave up trying to make it work. Since I had another problem with my SA 8300HD Cable Box ... I went after that problem first and I've decided to live with the end result.

Thanks for the help and advice.

Thread Information