• 11-27-2005, 07:16 PM
    ex-28
    samsung dlp contrast settings
    2 weeks now scince i got my new and 1st dlp

i am looking for another owner of this tv that can gtive me the specific contrast brightness color settings ect.

i have used Avia but i would like to know what settings you are useing as i have no clue as to what i am doing ,

Samsung 50" Dlp
    HL-R5064W
    same as
    HL-R5067W us model

would like to know following settings, i am currentlly useing this.

Picture mode = Standard
    Contrast = 91
    Brightness = 35
    Sharpness = 62
    Color = 68
    Tint = 50
    Dnie = On
    Color Tone = Warm1
    Digital NR = On
    Film Mode = On

please post your settings so i can compare and try them out as i really dont know how to set this correctlly
    ty !
  • 11-28-2005, 09:29 PM
    evil__betty
    Unless your room is identical to someone elses (who happens to have the identical TV), everyone's ideal picture settings are going to be different. Every environment will need different adjustments to make the picture look its best. If you have used the set up DVD, then you should be able to set up the set no problem. Have a look at THX certified discs as well (Star Wars, Pirates of the Carribean, Finding Nemo, Etc....) they also have a THX optimizer in the menus that will walk you through the set up. If all else fails, you can call a professional to do it for you. With you being in the 'Peg, I would check out Advance if you went the Pro route (former 'Pegger) - but it might cost ya.

Cheers
  • 11-29-2005, 11:00 PM
    ex-28
    ok great , indeed all setups are different , thanks for the info and i will check out the THX optimizer as well , cheers !