Thread: Rubber Feet

Forum Regular

Rubber Feet

I just recently tiled my house including my family room. Well after tiling my entertainment room and hooking up all my equipment, I can somewhat hear a rattle coming from the speakers which I suspect is because there is no rubber feet on the sub or the front floor speakers. Is there a place to buy rubber feet for speakers to stop the rattling?

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander67
    I just recently tiled my house including my family room. Well after tiling my entertainment room and hooking up all my equipment, I can somewhat hear a rattle coming from the speakers which I suspect is because there is no rubber feet on the sub or the front floor speakers. Is there a place to buy rubber feet for speakers to stop the rattling?
    You know what I used? I used little 1/2 inch squares of Dynamat. I know it's for vibrating body panels but it has worked really good for me so far. I have used it under my speakers, on shelves in the ent. center, on the mounts of my lghts, etc.

It's $20 for two 12"x12" sheets which will last you a while. Give it a try if you can't find rubber feet anywhere. I got the Dynamat at Best Buy.

Forum Regular

Talking Lowes or Home Depot

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander67
    Yoooooo Dood .... go to Lowes or Home Depot ... they have a massive selection of all kinds of felts, plastics, rubber, all sizes and shapes .... I'm sure CHEAP TOO !!!!!!!!!

I know you'll find what you need there .... colors, OH YEAH, clear, black, brown, white, ...... and more

Forum Regular

psssssssssst

Quote Originally Posted by omikey
    Yoooooo Dood .... go to Lowes or Home Depot ... they have a massive selection of all kinds of felts, plastics, rubber, all sizes and shapes .... I'm sure CHEAP TOO !!!!!!!!!

I know you'll find what you need there .... colors, OH YEAH, clear, black, brown, white, ...... and more
    I replaced several wood shelfs in my bookcase with glass, and I put some of these clear ones on the bottom of the glass where they sit on the metal support nobby thing a ma jig ..... works great

That rattle could also be something else in the room since just the low frequency sound waves can cause rattling inside the walls or on your furniture or anything else that isn't solidly fastened down. Just sitting a subwoofer on a floor with nothing to cushion and/or level it out could definitely cause some excess vibration or rattling, but it doesn't take much to firmly anchor the sub to floor since most of them are pretty heavy already. As for rubber feet, that's exactly what I use with my subwoofer and they work just fine. Turn them upside down to minimize the contact area with the floor, and the weight of the sub is enough to compress the feet and make a solid connection to the floor. I got mine at a local hardware store -- $2 for a set of four, and I use them with my speaker stands as well. Metal cones or spikes would work just as well or maybe better, but my sub is sitting on a hardwood floor and any pointy metal objects will put dents in it.

Forum Regular

Talking A fix for using metal spikes

Hey Wooch those metal inverted cones work really great IMO. My Pinnacle speakers have them installed and I really like the way they isolate the speaker from the floor.

I too have wooden floors and thought ..... dang I can't just sit these things on that floor, I won't like what they do to the floor, and I certainly won't like what my wife does to me when she sees that ......

So, here's your fix, place a penny on the floor under each one of them .... no problem :-))

Enjoy !

Quote Originally Posted by Woochifer
    That rattle could also be something else in the room since just the low frequency sound waves can cause rattling inside the walls or on your furniture or anything else that isn't solidly fastened down. Just sitting a subwoofer on a floor with nothing to cushion and/or level it out could definitely cause some excess vibration or rattling, but it doesn't take much to firmly anchor the sub to floor since most of them are pretty heavy already. As for rubber feet, that's exactly what I use with my subwoofer and they work just fine. Turn them upside down to minimize the contact area with the floor, and the weight of the sub is enough to compress the feet and make a solid connection to the floor. I got mine at a local hardware store -- $2 for a set of four, and I use them with my speaker stands as well. Metal cones or spikes would work just as well or maybe better, but my sub is sitting on a hardwood floor and any pointy metal objects will put dents in it.

Thread Information