AR Newbie Registered Member

Screen rolls on bright transitions

Does anyone know why the screen on my Pioneer HDTV rolls whenever there is a bright flash transition. For instance...during CSI, they use a ton of camera flashes as transitions and every time, it causes my screen to roll for about a frame or two. Not sure if this is something with my DVD player or cables or even possibly the TV. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by soulbob
    Does anyone know why the screen on my Pioneer HDTV rolls whenever there is a bright flash transition. For instance...during CSI, they use a ton of camera flashes as transitions and every time, it causes my screen to roll for about a frame or two. Not sure if this is something with my DVD player or cables or even possibly the TV. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris
    Chris:
    The problem that you're describing can only originate in the Pioneer HDTV - not with any other component in your system. It most likely is being caused by a defect in a regulated power supply source, but that's not a certainty.

If the set is still under warranty, get the problem resolved before the warranty expires. If it's out of all warranty, I recommend that you put up with the problem ... it will cost more to repair than it could possibly be worth to you. Pioneer is NOT a company with good technical support. They only sell replacement PC boards which are generally quite expensive. They are not willing to help a servicer troubleshoot and repair a problem down to "component-level".

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news like this, but that's the way it is!
    woodman

I plan to live forever ..... so far, so good!
    Steven Wright

Thread Information