Reliable Oppo Dealer

Printable View

• 06-19-2011, 09:04 AM
    bfalls
    Reliable Oppo Dealer
    I'm ready to purchase an Oppo BDP-93. I'm asking for your experiences with Oppo dealers. I've researched the net and haven't found the cost any less than through the Oppo website. I plan to purchase through them unless someone's gotten a better deal, or better service through another dealer. Any bad dealers I should stay away from? Any bad experiences?
  • 06-19-2011, 11:11 AM
    Woochifer
    I would guess that at least some of those other websites that list Oppo products are nothing more than vendor direct transactions. The shipment would come directly from Oppo, even if a different site handles the transaction.

Because Oppo does not maintain a network of B&M vendors, you don't have a lot of excess inventory out there that can be used to supply online discounters. And those websites where you see the steepest discounting are typically unauthorized vendors, where you risk voiding the manufacturer's warranty if you buy from them.
  • 06-20-2011, 02:45 AM
    Hyfi
    Audioholics

I got free shipping and same great service directly from OPPO.
  • 06-20-2011, 11:18 AM
    BadAssJazz
    I've heard good things about Audioholics, but you could just call up the folks at Oppo directly. Great company.
  • 06-30-2011, 11:25 AM
    bfalls
    I received the Oppo last week. I haven't had time to do full testing, but have a few impressions.

I wanted to test SACD playback in DSD so played Pink Floyds DSOTM. It was very impressive. Good dynamics, detail, depth. I've been to one of their concerts and although I can't say the SACD sounded live, I can say it was amazingly engineered and a very enjoyable listen.

I wanted to compare its playability of a concert on DVD so listened to Santana's Supernatural. The Oppo was very revealing. I've listened to the CD in my car many times, but heard more of the detail and nuance Santana puts into every note. This is where I noticed the bass quality of the Oppo/UMC-1 combo. Very tight and controlled. No boomyness whatsoever.

I'm currently watching Master and Commander. All I can say is HOLY S%I&!!! I had cannonballs flying through my living room, wood splinters flying around my head, mast and sail falling to the deck. I've heard people say they were immersed in the sound, but I feet I was in the middle of the battle.

My PS3 doesn't play like this. My Sony BDP-570 doesn't play like this. So much depth, excellent processing. So far the video is exceptional as well. Right now all I can think about is the sound. Well worth the price of admittance.
  • 07-01-2011, 04:36 AM
    Worf101
    Welcome Aboard...
    I'm on my 2nd Oppo player and I can't recommend them enough. I'm glad you're happy with your purchase. I know that fanboi is a derisive term on most sites, but as far as I'm concerned Oppo, Hsu and couple of other manufacturers have EARNED my loyalty by providing good to great products at a fair price. They constantly exceed my expectations and are a pleasure to own and operate. I'm happy you're happy!!!

Worf