Forum Regular

This or that (reciever / dvd combo)

So I went to the store to see which exact Marantz sets were on discount, and now I know the exact types. It is either:

* SR4500
    * DV6500
    ... for $699

OR

* SR5400
    * DV???? (forgot, but older model, which used to be less than half the price of the DV6500)
    ... for $650

I asked the sales guy which one he would pick, and he said without hesitation the first set. Of course I don't know whether the guy bases his advice on bonuses (I doubt it in that store) or is completely reliable, so that is why I hope for some second opinions here. I personally also tend to prefer the set with the SR4500 regardless of the fact that it has less power.... just because it's tinier and will fit onto the cabinet I have without sticking out of the front. (the SR5400 would)

It isn't as good of a deal I had in mind earlier, but I still believe it's a nice offer.

I'd appreciate any advice on which to get.

*edit*

I'm annoyed now because I saw a set of:

DV6500
    SR5600

... priced at $750 which would be great, but the store is far away and I'd hate to mail order before hearing. Also if anything breaks I'd have to take it all the way back to that store. Especially the part that says high grade audio components, which the 4500 has not, makes me really want to have this one!
    Last edited by PHiX; 06-07-2006 at 05:10 PM.

Forum Regular
    Nobody has suggestions?

I'd say the first one. The DV6500 is around $550 by itself.

Thread Information