Forum Regular

sony str-de945 volume control for front speakers

Hi all

I just recieved my Avia disk, and my Radio Shack spl meter should get here tomorrow. My task is to calibrate my five speakers and subwoofer. I'm using a Sony str-de945 reciever which doesn't seem to have seperate volume controls for the front left and right speakers. The center and rear surrounds do have them. How can I calibrate the fronts using the Avia test tones? If this topic has been beaten to death I opologize, this is my first time on this forum and I really enjoy it!

Thanks to all

Dave

Forum Regular
    Most receivers dont because if you think about it whats the point? then all of your speakers would be up 1 or whatever you need something to set the base.

they use the fronts becuase alot of people have towers for the fronts, then you can set accordingly.

basically just set your other speakers until the sound the same as your fronts. Most likely if you have tower fronts and bookshelf rears the rears will have to be at +1 or +2 becuase of the size difference, more dirvers etc....

if its all bookshelf "like me" then you just set it up so they all sound the same. I think mine is center +2 "its up higher on a 61" tv. and the rears are at +3 because it opens up into a pool table room. I think the cable run for my rears causes 1 of thoughs, and the other 2 +'s are from the opening up.

good luck

Thread Information