Thread: Receiver Set-Up

Question Receiver Set-Up

I'm new to this forum, so take it easy guys. Anyway I just ordered a vsx1015s and
    wanted an idea for baseline settings for lfe, treble etc if the mcacc dos'nt cut it. Also
    any input on this choice is appreciated. I've read positive reviews and plenty of
    negitive also. Thanks for the help.

BooBs are elitist jerks shokhead's Avatar
    Go to RS and get a spl meter. For starters set all speakers to small and set at 75db. After that you can play.
    Look & Listen

Thanks for the info shokhead.

Department of Heuristics and Research on Material Applications
    A crossover at 80 Hz is good for the LFE, do as Shocky says for the rest. I had an opportunity to audition that receiver a few months back...very nice unit. The MCACC can be hit or miss on some of the EQ stuff and setting speakers sizes, but the SPL levels and delays I found to be deadly accurate, as I have observed with most receivers. Not to suggest you shouldn't have an SPL meter though - valuable tool for HT!!!

Thanks for the info kexodusc. I think I found your review the week I ordered my receiver.
    Did'nt it compare the pioneer with a yamaha(forgot the model). Actually it helped make
    my final pick. The finalists were; yamaha rx-v630, denon avr-1803, sony str-de998 7.1.
    Testing the Denon in a few soundrooms (best buy etc) it sounded to "bright" for my taste.
    The sony i kept reading about maintance/warrenty issues, so I backed off. That left the
    excellent yamaha(big power and VERY clean) and the pioneer. Sense cash was an
    issue, I feel I will be getting the best bang for the buck(I hope). Tks again.

Thread Information