• 02-04-2010, 08:18 AM
    Superman199
    Receiver Help... which to choose for my needs
    Hey everyone, been trolling the forums for a bit, and still couldnt figure out, so i decided to post up and see if anyone can help.

I'm a new home owner (my 1st house, closing next month), and my main concern is my living room.. i said "My tv and speakers get mounted and set up 1st, then the rest of the furniture come in!", and i'm looking for a decent receiver for the room. I dont have many requirements for it, but i was wondering if you guys could shoot me some ideas of a piece that would be good. I've been looking at different Onkyo, and Denon's but there a bunch to choose and i dont want to get stuck with the wrong one.

-Under $500 (pref around 400 or below, i'm a new home owner, im gonna be broke for 30 years!)
    -Not particular to 5.1 or 7.1... the room isnt huge, so 5.1 is probably better
    -Upconversion Needed so a good upconverter - I dont want to have to switch inputs from my tv AND my reciever just to switch between my PS3 (HDMI), and Wii (Video).
    -Will be hooking up my Cable Box (HDMI) Xbox (Component) Wii (Video) PS3 (HDMI), so that's needed with room for some expansion.

I think that should sum it up, and any input would be VERY appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance! I really appreciate it!!

:12:
  • 02-04-2010, 09:02 AM
    Dharris
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman199
    Hey everyone, been trolling the forums for a bit, and still couldnt figure out, so i decided to post up and see if anyone can help.

I'm a new home owner (my 1st house, closing next month), and my main concern is my living room.. i said "My tv and speakers get mounted and set up 1st, then the rest of the furniture come in!", and i'm looking for a decent receiver for the room. I dont have many requirements for it, but i was wondering if you guys could shoot me some ideas of a piece that would be good. I've been looking at different Onkyo, and Denon's but there a bunch to choose and i dont want to get stuck with the wrong one.

-Under $500 (pref around 400 or below, i'm a new home owner, im gonna be broke for 30 years!)
    -Not particular to 5.1 or 7.1... the room isnt huge, so 5.1 is probably better
    -Upconversion Needed so a good upconverter - I dont want to have to switch inputs from my tv AND my reciever just to switch between my PS3 (HDMI), and Wii (Video).
    -Will be hooking up my Cable Box (HDMI) Xbox (Component) Wii (Video) PS3 (HDMI), so that's needed with room for some expansion.

I think that should sum it up, and any input would be VERY appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance! I really appreciate it!!

:12:

Look at my earlier post on A/V Receiver's.
  • 02-04-2010, 11:36 AM
    LMB
    Congrats on your new home
    Check out the Marantz NR1501
    ch Discrete Analog Amplifier (50 watts x 7) in Slim Design Chassis
    HDMI 1.3 x4 Inputs / x1 Output
    Decoding of Dolby TrueHD, dts-HD Master Audio
    Video Converter for All Analog Sources to HDMI
    Independent Audio Board for Improved Sound
    Simple Set-up with MRAC Auto Calibration
    Component Video x3 Inputs / x1 Output
    Analog Audio Inputs x5, Digital Audio Inputs x3